I'm sure that the 'Make the media aspect better' threads are ten a penny, and I'll be one extra voice to this. It's pretty limited and becomes at times somewhat of a drag. SIgames like to say: 'this is how press conferences are!' Well not really because conferences adapt to the current rumours and situations these don't.

I get quizzed on whether I think Stoke will beat Man City when they're 15 points behind and it doesn't matter. Wenger says: 'we'll put a dint in their title aspirations' when I need 1 point from 3 games. For a game that boasts that it is the most realistic management simulation, this usual, tired, repetitive horse crap really affects my suspension of disbelief.

Also, England limped out of the World cup after losing to Trinidad and Tobago!!! I can't lay into the manager! awful.

But just generally, the Media module is god awful. It is arguably one of the most important aspects of the game, especially for those not intricately involved in the mechanics of the Beautiful Game. At the moment this is just 'The Pretty Simulation', Go make it better.

The media module has being awful for years. Yet SIgames keep claiming a better and developed Match Engine and as far as I'm concerned, my dots can exploit the same old mistakes. FM14 can offer a lot. They need a revolution rather than an iteration. It's a time for an overhaul.

Indeed! A huge problem this the media aspect of FM is lack of variety as well as style. The headlines, for instance, are not snappy enough, and do not convey the spirit of social mass media. Descriptions of football matches and events are often absurdly comical a la "Nefarious Northern Ireland!".

Archived