work permits

Ive been trying to sign an 18 year old uruguayan newgen, and he keeps getting his work permit refused after appeal,is this because of his age,or his rep and is there any way around this.

The only way that a player will get a work permit if they have played in 75% of their nations competitive games over 2 years and if that nation is in the top 70. There can be exceptions if that player is considered a good prospect. However, in FM, I'm not sure how that would be determined. You won't get a work permit for him for a while. Unless he gets into the Uruguayan national side and meets the criteria.

i singed jhon cley from Brazil for Rangers when he was 18 or so, now he's 22 and isn't getting a work permit. This is infuriating, in no way would this happen in real life, the guy has played the majority of my games for 4 years and now they wont allow me to renew his contract?

Why are WPs such a mess in FM, surely they cant be that hard to get right?

i singed jhon cley from Brazil for Rangers when he was 18 or so, now he's 22 and isn't getting a work permit. This is infuriating, in no way would this happen in real life, the guy has played the majority of my games for 4 years and now they wont allow me to renew his contract?

Why are WPs such a mess in FM, surely they cant be that hard to get right?

The reason why he won't get a work permit now is probably because he isn't considered a decent prospect now. When you originally signed him, did you have to go and appeal it? If he hasn't played any games for the international side. He won't get one. How long does it take to gain residency? I'm not sure whether that would work but it maybe worth a try. Asking for a feeder club that deals in work permits may help.

As I said in my first post in this thread, if they don't meet the requirements. They won't get a work permit. This player clearly doesn't.

but surely that's not the way it works in real life?

Work Permits are only in place to make sure that people aren't abusing the system, they want to make sure in football's case that no-one is getting into the country that isn't actually very good, and the guidelines are there to make the criteria for discerning that a bit more official. If a player has played in 75% of the games he's eligible for, for four years, then I don't think IRL he'd be turned down, regardless of whether he's playing for Brazil or not.

I'm pretty sure that's the case and it's not a cut and dried thing where they just look at whether he's been playing for Brazil or not.

I forgot about the residency stuff though, cheers.

Still annoyed at this though, I could be wrong but like I say I do think that the game still doesnt have work permits quite right.

I think there was also an African player playing for watford years back , he had to go after couple of years, correct me if im wrong

Nope, that was different. Bangoura(sp?) was his last name iirc. Fled the country of his birth and came to England. Home Office rejected his appeal for asylum. He was granted after everyone said what crap it was.

Edit: Al Bangura, that's the one.

Archived