Kettering Town

Season 3 (2015/16)

Predicted: 17th

Final league position: ??

Pos Team Pld G.D. Pts

5th Kettering 41 +11 67

6th AFC Telford 41 +6 65

7th Southport 41 +13 64

This is what the table looked with one game to go, meaning for an eventful day. As luck would have it, Southport would play AFC Telford at home, while we had top of the league, Harrogate, away. I'm not sure about my players, but my nerves were stretched thin, I really wanted that final playoff spot! As my luck would dictate, Luke Mulligan, my top goalscorer and captain, was injured for the final game.

I set up a side that I thought might be able to scrap a win, if not, a draw. Harrogate still had everything to play for as well, the title fight had gone to the final day! It was an even match up until the 29th minute, when my young right back, [YP3E]Steven Sandy, gave away a penalty. Marvin Morgan netted the ball, 1-0 Harrogate. It didn't take long to look for an answer as Paul Fleetwood, in the 32nd minute, dibbled the ball to the edge of Harrogat's box before blasting the ball into the net, 1-1. What would seem like a rush of blood to the head, [YP3E]Steven Sandy was sent off in the 40th minute for violent conduct! I was mad, and launched a pen across the room, luckily no damage caused. Harrogate took advantage of this man advantage and once again netted the ball in the 43rd minute, Dominic Knowles, 2-1 Harrogate. It was half time, I altered my tactics, and told my players to play their hearts out. The second half started, I was sitting on the edge of my seat expecting a roller-coaster of events to come, but that didn't happen. The second half was bland, and other than my left back, Brett Poate, being injured in the 65th minute; nothing happened. The match ended 2-1 to Harrogate. I was left thinking, what if I did't start Sandy. I was now relying on a draw between Southport and Telford. To my horror, Southport won 1-0 with a goal in the 52nd minute by Danny Groves. I was gutted, we fell at the final hurdle. The table was left looking like this.

Pos Team Pld G.D. Pts

5th Southport 42 +14 67

6th Kettering 42 +10 67

7th Fc Halifax 42 +10 66

WE MISSED OUT ON GOAL DIFFERENCE! Southport went onto win the playoffs, and get promotion. *sigh*

Final league Position: 6th

League Table

Past Positions graph

Fa Cup: 1st Round

Fa Trophy: 4th Qualifying Round

Overall, this was by far my best season with Kettering. My young players looked up to the task all season, Bob Gardener and Luke Mulligan, joint top goalscorers for the club were the key with 2 rocks for centre backs, [YP1B]Shaun Davis and [YP3B]Sam Hassell. The youngster just wanted to win ad kept on winning; we only drew 4 games all season, so you can see our mentality for winning! Of course not drawing some games we lost cost us in the end, but it's looking promising for next season. Sadly, the board decided that we should revert back to being semi-professional as our finances weren't the greatest. Promotion looks like our only option to keep the club afloat and to keep popping out youngsters.

WE DID WIN SOMETHING THOUGH! ENGLISH UNDER 18's GROUP 10 CHAMPIONS!

League Table - They won the league on goal difference, how ironic.

Youth Recruitment - Not the greatest, but I did tag 3 players.

[YP4A]Nick Sturgess - Looks fantastic, we went straight into the first team!

[YP4B]Rob Lavery - My first team GK wants to jump ship if we can't get promotion next season, so hopefully Lavery can grow.

[YP4C]Gary Brennan - Just keeping him as insurance since we're short of left midfielders.

Transfers - No cheating!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really unlucky their lewcal, and a good season nonetheless. Hopefully the youths can step up and improve next season. How did you get on in the cups?

and TheGreatTraveller don't hold back on the Leeds abuse in my presence mate, as a Carlisle United fan they have spoilt a few of our dreams in recent seasons...

Concord Rangers Season Review 14/15 - Blue Square Premier

A tough season was always on the cards - with my youth facilities being pretty awful, nobody of any real note had come through the academy, leaving us with just 20 senior players who were mainly pretty short of BSP talent. This, coupled with our finances taking a severe blow with out stadium being upgraded left us in a tough spot. We kept faith with the 451 that serves us so well last time out, and started well in the league - 6th after about 8 games. It was never going to last however and we started a rapid descent of the league once we were found out. Player wise I brought in young keeper Jamie Farmer to first choice, whilst retrained centre back Harry Wise became first choice left back.

Almost immediately I decided to focus fully on cup competitions and resign any ambitions in the league other than staying up. I never felt in real danger of going down and our cup run started brilliantly - we knocked out Chippenham in an early FA Cup qualifier, before shocking League Two Torquay after a reply in the 1st round proper. Second round we faced another League Two side, Barnet, who we disposed of comfortably despite being away from home. We didn't get a dream home tie in round three, facing Burnley away where we actually took the lead in the 65th minute only for the home side to come back and win easily in the end, 3 - 1. We also managed the second round in the FA Trophy, and with every penny counting that was of vital importance.

The season was looking to end with a damp squib but a late collapse from us, coupled with injuries to our two main players legendary striker Jason Hallett was out for 3 months, whilst our playmaker James Elmes was our for two, left us in real danger of going down. With two games left I was only four points clear of the drop, with Chester breathing down our necks. We proceeded to lose away at Grimsby, whilst they pulled off a miraculous late victory away at Stockport, one of the best sides in the league. This left us just one point ahead going into the last game. Thankfully we pulled off a great 3 - 2 win away at Lincoln, to confirm survival (Chester lost anyway) with a recent youth graduate, and an exciting one at that, Max Hope grabbing the dramatic winner - we had survived!

Season Review in Numbers:

Predicted Finish: 24th (bottom)

Actual Finish: 20th - League Table[/url]

FA Cup: 3rd Round - Lost away to Burnley (CH) 3 - 1.

FA Trophy: 2nd Round Replay - Lost at home to Cambridge 2 - 5.

Income brought into club from transfers: £0

Income brought into club from cup competitions: £57,500 (FA Cup), £5,000 (FA Trophy)

Income brought into club from league finish: £26.17K (20th in BSP)

Estimated club Value: £110k (+£55k)

23rd of June Balance: -£409,166 (-£130,000) :eek:

Upgrades to youth facilities: None

New Parent club: None

New Feeder club: None

End of Season Stats

Top Scorer: Jason Hallett (15) (Second year running)

Top Assists': Kevin Benney (12)

Highest Av. Rating: Phil Anderson (47(2) Apps, 7.18 Av.Rating)

Most MOTM: Phil Anderson (5)

Yellow Cards: Adam Everitt (9)

Young find of the year award: Kevin Benney - Another great season, 12 assists and chipped in with four goals also - he's now represented the club 113 times - Nearly a record.

Senior find of the year award: Jamie Farmer - The 21 year old counts as a senior in my squad, and whilst his average rating doesn't look special he had a great season and won us plenty of points. Also improved massively throughout the season - should be here for a long time.

Club record league Apps - Adam Everitt - 116

Club record league Goals - Jason Hallett - 44

Next Season Aims: Exactly the same - survival, hopefully more comfortably, another cup run and get Max Hope 30 appearances plus.

Thats really unlucky there lewcal, nearly there though!

And unlucky to toon! Kettering not having the best of times it would seem!

Steboy well done staying up and great effort in the cups. Bank balance not looking so good despite those runs, its a shame you didn't draw a big prem team in the 3rd round.

Cheers duffy - yeah the bank balance is looking horrendous and I'm hoping it is mainly due to the stadium upgrades we keep getting. As you know firstly we doubled the capacity (to 3000) as soon as I had been promoted to the BSP, forcing us to play at Southend's Roots Hall, now it has just been announced that another development is taking place, a 1000 terrace to seat upgrade or something, meaning once again we won't actually be using our home ground this season, instead playing at Ebbsfleet's ground.

Meaning we will end up with a 4080 capacity ground, which surely the chairman will be satisfied with for the time being - once again I'm getting pressured to sell players to increase revenue - never going to happen!

Also the youth intake this season was better, and there is one gem I have high 'hopes' for. All to be revealed in the pre/early season update.

http://s23.postimg.org/4ylwj8ea3/nope.jpg

nope, all the same as from the start expect junior coaching had it upgraded to a maximum in the time

said in a post before, the kingstonian youth intake is crazy good for some reason (probably because its based in london)

also when joinen the club you need to upgrade the youth recruitment right from the start~

i have no scouts but also had this guy a while ago

http://img4host.net/upload/23191555519e4ecb669d1.JPG

http://img4host.net/upload/23191613519e4edd4f099.JPG

there are alot of players from foreign countrys in the youth intake

i have 2 costa rican, 2 wales, 2 scotland, 1 mali, 1 DR Congo, 2 zimbabwe, 1 turkey, 1 n ireland, 1 nigeria, 1 guyana, 1 cyprus, 1 irish, 1 trinidad tobago

kingstonian youth intake is all over the place :D

really fun to play saying it again! pick kingstonian guys!

http://s23.postimg.org/4ylwj8ea3/nope.jpg

nope, all the same as from the start expect junior coaching had it upgraded to a maximum in the time

said in a post before, the kingstonian youth intake is crazy good for some reason (probably because its based in london)

also when joinen the club you need to upgrade the youth recruitment right from the start~

i have no scouts but also had this guy a while ago

http://img4host.net/upload/23191555519e4ecb669d1.JPG

http://img4host.net/upload/23191613519e4edd4f099.JPG

there are alot of players from foreign countrys in the youth intake

i have 2 costa rican, 2 wales, 2 scotland, 1 mali, 1 DR Congo, 2 zimbabwe, 1 turkey, 1 n ireland, 1 nigeria, 1 guyana, 1 cyprus, 1 irish, 1 trinidad tobago

kingstonian youth intake is all over the place :D

really fun to play saying it again! pick kingstonian guys!

Same as Kettering i get guys from south africa Antigua Australia

All I've been getting is guys from England. Is your nationality set as something else besides English? Do you have staff from other countries? :confused:

um i am from Luxembourg Dissent and my staff are pretty normal iv upgraded coaching twice and youth recruitment twice

lewcal: Great to see your U-18's had better luck than you! Unlucky on missing out on the play-offs, hopefully promotion will happen next season. Sturges looks great for the BSN as well.

Steboyuk: Great job surviving, hopefully some of your new youngsters can be better than the others! As for the Leeds banter, we will see. The return leg (At my place, Gigg Lane) may decide how I feel about them :p

toon: Unlucky losing the play-off final :(

ri916: Strikerless! :eek: Good luck with that!

Concord Rangers Pre/Early season news + youth intake:

Club news, and not a huge deal - The club were happy enough with my performance, and I'd starting to take the attention of a few other clubs. Rejecting their approaches also put me further in favour as I settled on a new two year contract - Also including the board promise that I would blood youngsters from within the club, I was never going to let them down on that front!

I kept hold of all my squad, and even tried to flog left back Billy Coyne, but couldn't get anybody to pay any money for him (still thing the transfer market is flawed on this game). The biggest pre-season news was that for the second season running we wouldn't be using our own home ground! More improvements were being made on to make sure it matched league regulations, which means by the end of this season the capacity will be 4080. Our average gate is about 600 I think, so still plenty of room!

Youth Intake

Much better in my eyes than last years, which is not saying a great deal, but I have three that i'm keeping my eye on, and one very much in particular as he has burst into my first team.

Firstly is Clive Andrew D (RLC) : Clive is versatile and a decent all-rounder. Good in the tackle, a good team player and naturally fit he could come in handy, not a massive prospect I doubt but has a chance.

Secondly is Jim McIntyre M/AM (RC): Technically he is pretty shambolic but has decent pace and his flair will hopefully mean he can produce something magic out of nowhere on occasion. Will certainly make a few appearances this campaign to see if he can make it.

Thirdly and most excitingly comes Max Hope AML, ST: Looks a huge talent and has blown his way into the side. Looked so good I threw him into the side at the back end of last season and he scored 2 in 3, before smashing club records in an astonishing 5 - 4 opening day win against Salisbury this season and his netted FOUR of our five goals. Already worth 20k, he has great pace, solid mental attributes and he can finish also. Already in the first team, surely nailed on to overtake Jason Hallett sooner rather than later as the club's record goalscorer. :thup:

We started the season brilliantly, winning our first two games and topping the table, but the predictable slide is happening once more, and 7 games in we lie 12th. Another long hard season to come I expect.

RWE-Logo_01_zps7b22a7d2.png

It's been a while since I've been active in this challenge, and with the fussball of the champions league happening tomorrow night, I felt it apt to restart the challenge in Germany. It's with Rot-Weiss Essen, somewhat of a team very much fallen from grace, having won the top tier of Germany just the once back in 1955.

Onto the important things

Squad - Youth Squads

General

Facilities

The facilities are a good starting point, and whilst I do have stadium rent to pay for, it's more than covered by healthy starting finances.

After 4 seasons, a new chairman has finally been elected! Guess what? He's taken out a loan to clear the debts! So for the first time in the save I've been able to upgrade junior coaching :D. Hopefully I'll be able to fit one more upgrade in before we go back into debt.

The tactic change worked! After 5 long seasons, we've finally made it. It's only my second EVER promotion with this challenge as well.

I'll do a quick 5 season recap with screenshots at some point, can't wait to play in the second tier.

Holstein Kiel - Season 4. 2016/17;

HolstenKiel_zpscd79d31b.jpg

League Table - League Graph - We continue our battle to stay in the division this season finishing 14th .. But safe. Another year in the Second division.

Look No Transfers.

The Squad - With the Youth now coming through into the first team the squad is getting stronger and i fancy us to push on up from a Relegation battle hopefully into a mid table or above battle next season... Schied and Kazior retire.

New Chairman.

Facilities|Finances

Youth Candidates;

Mehmet Rahmi Yilmaz YP4 Report

Andreas Klak YP3

Wolfgang Stock YP2a

Yilmaz Dogramaci YP2b

Emanuel Hoffman YP1 - Finally we get out first Proper YP into the squad and he pretty much slots straight in making 18 appearances.

Mario Schilling YP0a - Is now a first team regular.

Timo Barendt YP0b - Wasn't happy with his chances so went out on loan.

Looks like you have some good youngsters coming through there brettney. Good job staying up (there's some good teams in that league) and hopefully you can kick on next season!

Thanks, i thought it was going to be real annoying not being able to play the youngsters until they reach 17 but what i have found so far is by the time they arwe old enough to play they have improved enough to slot straight into the first team (okay so i'm only a few seasons in, but it's looking a good way of doing things so far). It's just a shame i can't seem to get anyone to loan the players before they turn 17.

Atletico Arezzo

20100819_ASD_Atletico_Arezzo_zps8762b1d7.jpg

duffy89 - season 31/32

Serie-A-logo.png

Serie A - ???

We went into the group stages as first seeds and drew Porto, Rapid Wien and who else but bloody PSG! Honestly! We would go on to top the group on 13 points.

The knockout round put us up against big spending Manchester City. Not an easy tie by any means. The first leg was at the Etihad and we lost 2-1. Over in Italy we put in a fantastic performance and 2 Frediani goals helped us win 2-0.

I was devastated to draw Real Madrid, our European nemesis. We played fantastically in Spain earning a hard fought 1-0 victory. Our job was made easier in the second leg as Madrid had a man sent off early doors. We would go onto win 4-1. The Madrid curse was broken and we were through to the semis.

Not satisfied with putting us up against one Manchester side we faced United this time around. And again we were 2-1 down after the away leg. The performance in Arezzo was a nervy one but we managed to put in a heroic 3-1 victory booking our place in the final!

Who else would we face but Napoli…

So here we go, the Big Finale, I’m going to let the highlights do the talking for me…

[video=youtube;VJBqFvw1S0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJBqFvw1S0s

CAMPIONI, CAMPIONI, OLE, OLE, OLE!!!

ay_110807086-e1369583637769.jpg

What an incredible moment! I always had an uneasy feeling in my stomach when Napoli were progressing through the tournament. It was fate that I met our fierce rivals in the final.

And what a final it was, behind twice, disallowed goals and a late winner! I can’t believe I’m saying this but Atletico Arezzo have won the Champions League!

Here is the road to the final.

Challege Complete

Transfers

Only going out

Player of the year

Brando Frediani (YP01a) – ST – I just have to give it to him, and not just for sentimental reasons, he’s earned it. What a season the 34 year old has had with 21 goals and 19 assists.

An absolute legend.

summer-soccer-camp-1.jpg

Youth Intake

Again, no one worthy of a tag.

Youth Watch

I’m so delighted Brando Frediani (YP01a) was able to lift the CL trophy before he retired. Legend :applause:

Alberto Cirelli (YP02a) had another of his solid seasons. Always gets a 7 rating!

Riccardo Baldini (YP03a) scored 2 huge goals in the CL final and had another great season and is still going strong at 32. We couldn’t have done this challenge without him, is our all time top goal scorer.

Leopoldo Ruggiero (YP05a) was injured for a large part of the season so didn’t feature much.

Ferdinando Annuziata (YP06a) was as solid as ever and we owe a lot to this lad.

Raffaele Antico (YP08a) is now on 88 caps for Italy and is a hero for us. Lucky to have him.

Marcelo Matteoli (YP09a) broke his leg and was out for most of the season and we missed him.

Cesare Quattrini (YP09b) will always be remembered for his CL winner and had a good overall season.

Niccolo Pulcini (YP010a) had a very good season at right back and has signed a new long term contract.

Riccardo Monticciolo (YP010b) was dependable as ever.

Giacomo Menchini (YP010c) may not be the most glamorous keeper but produced when needed.

David Raba (YP010d) was blighted with injuries but when he played, he played well.

Massimiliano Schiavoni (YP011a) had a glorious season and is the brain of our team, pulling the strings. Should be capped more IMHO.

Lino Caciagli (YP13a) missed the CL final due to injury and had an average season.

Oscar Giunta (YP13b) is a real big game player and was contender for POTY. A wonderful centre back.

If Schiavoni is the brains then Lorenzo Togni (YP14a) is the heart that keeps this team beating. Was man of the match in both legs against Man Utd and we couldn’t have done this challenge without him.

Oscar Manzoni (YP16a) is turning into a top notch winger.

Lorenzo Crognale (YP17a) is mature beyond his years and looks like he could be world class one day.

Lorenzo Mondini (YP17b) spent another season on loan with Udinese and proved himself in the Serie A. Is ready for the first team now.

Season 31/32 Objectives

Well can you believe it! Winning the CL has completed this challenge and I’m absolutely delighted. This is without a doubt my biggest achievement in all my years playing FM.

- Win the Champions League! – ACHIEVED!

So what now?

I was hoping you guys could help me out with what to do next! There’s a few options.

For now I think I’m going to stay on as Arezzo manager but allow myself to buy players. Even still, I only want to buy Italians and keep the feel to the side.

I’d also like to take on the Italy job and win some major tournaments using my Arezzo stars.

After this well, I was thinking of resigning as Arezzo boss and going overseas and over-threads to take part in the pentagon challenge. Only 4 more to go!

What do you reckon?

Cheers everyone! Do people mind if I keep posting in here? Will probably reduce my updates quite a bit, just focus on how we do in competitions and hopefully how I'm getting on with Italy, if I ever get the job!

Archived