Football Manager Formats

We all know that you can go out and buy a physical copy of Football Manager for PC/Mac or you can download it via Steam.

Also the past 2 or 3 years you could download it to a smart phone and play the handheld edition, the only problem I found with the handheld edition on a smart phone was that I never felt into the game as with the PC version, I never felt like I was a manager at a football club like you do when your at your PC/Mac, and sometimes I find it easier just to turn on the PlayStation rather than boot up a PC.

I don't know whether SI have any future plans to bring out copies of Football Manager for games consoles, I know there was one for the Xbox 360, but if there ever are plans for console versions of the game then I would like the games to feel more like a PC/Mac version rather than the handheld version.

So here are some ideas for how the games could be played on a console, (if you have any ideas please post them).

Xbox 360 - You could utilize the Kinect, if you were a Player Manager you could run about on the pitch. As a manager on the sidelines you could shout instructions to the players on the field or abuse to the ref and officials and get sent to the stands.

PS3 - Using the move feature - you could point directions you want your players to run when your team has the ball or when the opposition has the ball

Wii - Same as PS3 but the game would probably have to be a scaled down version

Obviously with the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions you would still be able to play with the normal controllers.

So what do you think? If SI made versions for consoles how would you like to play the game for each console and what additional features would you like to see introduced for a console game?

consoles still lack the scope to allow the whole of the database to be utilized nevermind the complexity of the game these days ....

also.. the kinect idea is so far removed from what SI are about it's not even a consideration...

the xbox version wasn't exactly a success.... and for good reason

I think it would need such an insane overhaul that it wouldn't really work. None of the big three consoles can replicate the movement of a mouse particularly well, while one of the biggest features - tactics - already feels far less adjustable on the console in games like PES/FIFA compared to FM.

I haven't done any research on this, but I would imagine that the percentage of people who own Kinect/Move is still not large enough to ignore the market of people who don't have it, so making any part of it need those receivers would cut off a significant portion of any possible returns.

Contrary to your thinking, I think the only way they could possibly begin to make it work on a console would be to start with the handheld versions and scale up, while trying to give it something of an "arcade" feel.

I do believe that if SI want to eventually sell more copies than Fifa they would defo need to release a console version even if it is a dilute version. I do remember the days of playing LMA Manager on PS2 and that was some awesome fun, so there is a gap in the market that they really need to think about exploiting. If they brought out a Football Manager on PS3 i would buy it, and you can still hook a mouse up to your PS3 so i dont think that the controller would be a problem.

Come on SI imagine the increase in sales if you just brought out a console version:lol:

Jus sayin :D

James

Archived