Wingers: Move into channels.

I play with Porto: 4-2-3-1 Formation ( 2MC's )

Want to play with James Some AMC and Varela, and Hulk upfront.

2 DLP.

2 Offensive FB's with hug touchline.

U need to help me to set up wide play for my wingers, i never had luck with cut inside so i dont want to use it, and only inside i have is hulk but i want him as striker.

I excluded hug touchline for wingers as i dont have target man, and i want my wingers to participate more i build up play instead of just being wide. So would be best for James to go into channels.

And by setting them to go into channels would i make 2 additional semi strikers of them. And i plan to set Hulk wide play to normal to keep central position.

And would i make my wingers useless by setting their wide play to normal.

Tnx :)

Winger has only two wide play options: hugs touchline (he moves toward a touchline) and cuts inside (he moves toward a centre of pitch). With neutral/normal wide play option he or his PPMs decide how to play.

If you want to play them like a strikers rather than a wingers you definitely want them to cut inside (Varela has PPM 'hugs touchline' so I'm not sure if he can be forced to cut inside).

I said i dont want them to cut inside :/, And wingers have wide option to move into channels.
Whilst Wingers do have the moves into channels option, I don't think it is of any use to them. Moves into channels is used for central players who want to go exploit the channels. I'd say for what you are looking for, just leave the wide play option on normal, however I'm not sure how that would exactly work. I have Gaitan on the left flank set up as a winger but with roam from position and normal for his wide play, so he pops up in different places. Since your full backs are offensive and are to hug the touchline, I wouldn't set the wide play of the wingers to hug the touchline, it would just block off the full backs

i tried this with tottenham on the previous patch and it worked excellently.

with the new patch im struggling to get anything right at the moment.

i play a flat 442 or 4411.

if playing a 4411 i want the wingers to play narrower or in the channels so they can support the lone striker, and also the fullbacks can hug the touchline and provide the full width.

with the 433 i think it works best with players cutting in, iv never tried it but its popular on here.

if u don't want them to cut inside i'd go with normal play and roaming..That way they have the freedom to choose whether they should cut inside or go wider.they will move freely around the pitch still keeping in mind that they r no trequeartista(forgive if i spelled wrong) but wingers who support a lone striker.and if they r smart enough they will choose their freedom wisely so i'd say buy the smartest u can..cause when u give a regular player the freedom to roam about, boy some do get lost out there :)

^ this.

Don't underestimate 'normal' width. It gives them many more options as everything is still available to them.

If you are building a solo strike formation, with attacking wingers, you are going to need players with intelligence and assuming you get them, let them decide whats best on the field.

One key thing to look for though, is their crossing instructions. This coupled with width instructions will determine where they run to before trying to cross...... you know those really annyoing wingers you have that cut inside, run to the byline on the 6yrd box and then cross back out of the penalty area.... well that is happening because you gave them cut inside and cross from byline. WHERE they cross from really impacts on how they play.

Again, with intelligent players, look for mixed crossing from mixed.

Don't use move into channels.It doesn't work well with the wingers. If you want to use the intruction better use 3 strikers.

Normal if you play with a good poacher or cuts inside.You can use hug touchline if you have 2 strikers+ wingers or 1 striker+AMC+wings

Archived