A misguided attempt at global domination?

Pete89

200px-Stoke_City_FC.svg.png

14th December 2017 - Stoke City - Media Prediction 9th Championship

Board Expectations: Respectable League Position, 3rd Round FA Cup, 2nd Round League Cup

Stoke were relegated from the Premiership in the 20/13/14 Season. They returned at the first time of asking before being returned to the Championship the season following. Last Season they finished 3rd by a point and lost out on promotion in the playoffs, losing 6-0 to Blackburn in the semi final over 2 legs.

With both of the Cup expectations already taken care of before my Arrival my only focus for the rest of the season will be the League. When I arrived the clubs staff was in a terrible state with no Ass Man and very poor coaching staff, so Pablo, Munro, Tait, McCaldon and Murray will all be joining me in Stoke, sadly for the others they will need to adjust to life on the dole.

Here's the top half of the team:

stokecitysquadplayers.png

A quick look overy the playes and the best seem to be striker Vendran Vinko, defender Tore Reginiussen and midfielder Scott Brown. Another player who caught my eye is this striker who doesn't look the best but may prove a Surprise .

My first act has been to dispatch one of my scouts north to see if any of my old players have a role to play in these new lands, and first priority for for January looks to be a new keeper, I'll play a few games and see what else is needed.

Here's the league as it stands:

npowerchampionshipovervp.png

1st February 2018 - Stoke City - Media Prediction 9th Championship

Board Expectations: Respectable League Position, 3rd Round FA Cup, 2nd Round League Cup

My Career at Stoke has been a mixed start so far with Tore Reginiussen refusing to sign a new contract, Surprise requesting a contract termination and then when sold to another club refusing to leave unless paid £3k per week (I refused, de registered him from the squad and sent him to an affiliate for the rest of the season)

In all three players left the club during the transfer window:

stoketransfershistory.png

There was only one signing, Nick Granger, a 16 year old GK who was signed for about 90k in compensation and looks to be a good thing for the future.

My time here so far has been a tale of two halves, undefeated in December, rising as high as 5th in the Championship, and without a win in January leaving us in 12th I really need to get this turned round, and hopefully the team meeting will do just that.

stokecityfixturesfixtur.png

npowerchampionshipovervw.png

7th May 2018 - Stoke City - Media Prediction 9th Championship

We started off February the right way, with back to back wins over West Ham and Watford, before losing to Norwich in what was to prove our last defeat of the season as from then on in we went the remaining 15 matches of the season unbeaten, with 10 wins and 5 draws to propel right up the table.

It all came down to the last match of the season. Should we in our match, and Southampton lose theirs, we would be promoted as Champions to the Premiership, and with Norwich just 2 points and 2 goals behind us also, automatic promotion wasn't guaranteed. We could only manage a 1-1 draw against Swansea and so Southampton's 3-1 victory over Sheffield Utd was academic. meaningless, however as I check the Norwich result, knowing that a 2 goal lead for them would send us to the playoffs I held by breath only to see they had lost, and Stoke were back in the Premiership. The only blow being that I could have been their as Champions with Southampton has I made the other choice.

In sadder news I regret to inform you that Peterhead didn't survive their SPL season, but it seems that they have sold some players and got the debt under control so hopefully they will be ok.

npowerchampionshipoverv.png

Season   Team      Country       League                 LFP      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12 Peterhead  Scotland      Third Division         1st      Won League
2012/13 Peterhead  Scotland      Second Division        9th      Survived Play Out, Won League Challenge Cup
2013/14 Peterhead  Scotland      Second Division        3rd      Lost in Play Off Final
2014/15 Peterhead  Scotland      First Division         7th      None
2015/16 Peterhead  Scotland      First Division         1st      Won League, QF of Scottish Cup
2016/17 Peterhead  Scotland      SPL                    10th*    Left in December
2016/17 Stoke      England       Championship           2nd      Joined in December, Promoted to Premiership

1st September 2018 - Stoke City - Media Prediction 19th Premiership

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation, 5th Round FA Cup, 4th Round League Cup

The main goal for this transfer window was a new GK and some DC's. I took advantage of having some cash at my disposal for a change to bring in some class players and a number of excellent youth prospects.

stoketransfershistory.png

The New First team keeper is Jason Steele and has so far preformed excellently. The other players signed for the first team were Tom Lees, Craig Noone, and possibly the best player I have ever signed on a free, Luis.

Although I do have some reserves and a couple of decent youths, the squad is fairly bare, however with no European action I'm hoping it will make it through to Christmas without any major injury crisis'.

stokecitysquadplayers2.png

With only three games played so far this season there's not much to update in that sense, and so I won't post a screenshot up yet. We opens the season with a 1-0 win over Sunderland, followed by a 0-0 draw with Spurs. In the League Cup 2nd round we beat Rotherham 2-0, however had to go to extra time to do so.

englishpremierdivisionohq.png

285px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

1st Septemebr 2018 - USA - Ranked 36th in World

No Expectations

Just to update you on my first ever match as an international manager

peruvusainformationover.png

I feel we really deserved to take something from the game, but we played well and it's a good platform to build on.

1st November 2018 - Stoke City - Media Prediction 19th Premiership

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation, 5th Round FA Cup, 4th Round League Cup

It's been a while since I've had time to play so I figured I'd do an update in November this time.

It's fair to say we're not setting the Premier League alight, having lost our last three games back to back, added with a defeat in the 4th round of the League Cup.

englishpremierdivisionoj.png

I currently am undertaking a recruitment drive for backroom staff, and have the scouts looking out for a player who can play in the AMR role too free up Noble to take a Striker role.

Archived