New user - general training question.

Hi everyone. I have just got my first iphone and downloaded FM12. I first played the 1993 Champ Man series and must have been one of the first ever users. I last played the CM/FM games over 10 years ago now, so I am learning a lot of things all over again. I am happy to see that the iphone version is very similar in gameplay to the classic Champ Man games.

I have a question about training. I have limited patience for tinkering with training schedules - it's not my favorite part of the game. Is it hugely detrimental to just leave training on 'general' for each player (Excluding goalies), or should I be paying more attention to that? (I play as York City and have got them promoted to L2 and am playoff bubble type team).

thanks.

• SI Staff

You can easily ignore training and the defaults are fine - however some players in your team will be able handle 'more' than the default setup so you can get more out of them if you push them a little, also you might want to concentrate training for some players in specific areas if you have a set role in mind for them on the pitch etc.

(I have to admit I largely leave mine at defaults - only playing with motivation to try and encourage the team if we go into a slump)

Hi everyone. I have just got my first iphone and downloaded FM12. I first played the 1993 Champ Man series and must have been one of the first ever users. I last played the CM/FM games over 10 years ago now, so I am learning a lot of things all over again. I am happy to see that the iphone version is very similar in gameplay to the classic Champ Man games.

I have a question about training. I have limited patience for tinkering with training schedules - it's not my favorite part of the game. Is it hugely detrimental to just leave training on 'general' for each player (Excluding goalies), or should I be paying more attention to that? (I play as York City and have got them promoted to L2 and am playoff bubble type team).

thanks.

It should be fine to leave training on default, but I would say that 80-90% of players can handle a very intensive training schedule. Definitely 95% of goalies can handle having all settings on intensive (bar attacking and defending - which should be set to none). And most player can handle having all settings on intensive bar goalkeeping. And if they don't, they will either a) complain, b) never reach 90-95% condition or c) get injured often. If you track these three behaviours and, when it happens, change their training to normal attacking/defending settings, you should be able to get a lot of improvement from the majority of your players that can handle it without sacrificing the others.

There's a thread here about it.

Archived