Slovakian adventure - SFM Senec

Jpr

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on making European football! Your youth setup is damaging your finances but europe could help that, it depends how much it means to you.

We had European football this season and still posted that huge loss. So I've knocked the junior coaching down a peg, which hopefully will save around £200k next season.

It does pay off though, the players we are getting through are starting to make a difference.

screenhunter19jun151832.jpg

:D it was a good month!

Our young players are tasting success on an international level too.

screenhunter20jun151839.jpg

Emil Sudimak being the pick of the bunch, coming off the bench to score a 36 minute hattrick as well as grabbing an assist for the U19's in their 5-0 demolition of Qatar U19's. Perfect 10 rating.

Double good news!

First up are the European fixtures...

screenhunter21jun162057.jpg

Going into The Euro cup in round 2 are ourselves and Presov, Presov are in the second division and qualified by being runners up in the cup, as Trnvara won the cup and the league. Presov have a tough task, having to beat Llanelli before facing off with Belarusian opponents.

We have drawn Albanian team Flamurari, I am optimistic we can get a good result.

In the second round of the Champions Cup, Trnvara have been put against Macedonian opponents. I am hoping they get knocked out :D

Next is some financial news, and it's good. Shocking!

64633217.png

A big sponsorship jump there, I like that :D Budgets aren't too kind unfortunately.

We've also taken the plunge and sold star striker Marian Dinu...

screenhunter22jun162126.jpg

He was in the last year of his contract, used up over 10% of our wage budget and he wanted an increase in pay! :p

Great increase in sponsorship. Selling Dinu's risky, though I can see that you might want some money while you could.

He was in the middle of a 23 hour goal drought that showed no sign of ending...

Euro Cup 2cnd round Qualifier

flamurtarivsfmsenecspli.png

We won the first leg with a goal in the first minute. Was very nervous for the rest of the game but very glad to get an away goal.

screenhunter23jun162218.jpg

Again we got of to a good start, eventually coming out convincing 3-0 winners :)

European 3rd qualifying round

We went to them looking to park the bus, we did so, conceding only to a lucky own goal and a penatly.

screenhunter27jun162245.jpg

We went for it in the home leg and it really tells, we made chances but they were a cut above us.

screenhunter28jun162305.jpg

I think both teams have improved, they have Torres now!

Still annoyed we only get 1,000 people out for Villarreal though.

August Update

League Table: Still not bottom and we have got a few more points on the board, 12 points off top though, but it's nice to see Trnava aren't top.

Fixtures:A very tough month, Trnava inbetween the two Villarreal games killed morale, but we've started to recover it, a good win over Bardejov really helped.

September Update

League Table: Trnava have taken top spot back, we're now up to 8th and a 3rd of the way through the season. Slowly climbing though.

Fixtures: A much easier month, one we probably should have taken all our points from. Progressing through the cup was easy enough against lower league opposition.

3rd round of the cup - Most tense game in SFM Senec's history

We drew Trnava in the 3rd round, it was a one legged tie and we were at home. We went for an attacking, 'we can score more than you' approach. We were 2 down in 16 minutes before battling back to a 3-2 lead before half time. They pulled back to 3-3 but we quickly went ahead to 4-3. They then equalised in the 88th minute from a direct free kick.

As to the rules, no extra time, straight to penalties.

5-4 victory!

screenhunter36jun181120.jpg

October Update

League Table: Still rising up the table, slowly, still 13 points off top but only 7 behind 3rd. Nice to see Nitra are pushing hard for the title.

Fixtures: A very good month, beating Trnava twice! We stand a good chance to go through to the semis of the cup as well, our only serious option of getting into Europe this year.

Marian Michalko Y1 AMC: has had a very good month, player of the month, goal of the month and still improving with his stats. He has 8 goals and 6 assists in the season so far, hopefully he can keep it up.

We made the Semi's!

After losing our first choice right back and wanting a good defence to defend our lead, we went out with a rather odd looking formation I will call the 'anchor', which I think it vaguely resembles?

We closed the door and scored a goal early on on the counter, meaning they needed to score 3 to win. We stayed shut and we're in the semi's :)

nitravsfmsenecsplitview.png

There may be no league 2 teams left in the cup, but I make us favourites to win it with these teams left!

screenhunter41jun181305.jpg

November update:

League Table: Still 14 points from the top, I think if we push we can make 3rd. It's worth noting that if the league was by goals conceded, we would be second. This is the first time in this save we've had a good, tight defence. A few more goals at the other end wouldn't hurt though.

Fixtures: A quiet month, but a good one. Those draws could easily have been wins, but I won't complain. 10 unbeaten in the league.

I just hope we don't start after the winter break in the same fashion we started the season, it would ruin a lot of hard work!

Also we have a new board, they say they want to get us into a good financial position, but then cancelled our club ties, losing us £50k a year :D

Youth intake day:

We have lots of high potential strikers and AMCs...

Peter Macek looks good though :D

screenhunter45jun181631.jpg

Decent enough stats already, but look at that 19 determination. Should hopefully see him develop quite well!

screenhunter46jun181631.jpg

March & April updates:

I predicted a slump in form after the winter break, and though we started off alright it is easy to tell from our Fixture list that things aren't going to plan.

We should however just about manage to hang on to our place in the League Table, which would see us meet the boards ambitions of a respectable finish.

Personally I wish we could emulate the U19's who won their league easily, currently 14 points ahead with 2 games left, though most teams have 3 to play. Still, the U19's League Table is one I enjoy looking at.

Slovak FA cup

With any chance of challenging for the domestic title over I have poured all of our resources into the cup, and despite being the much worse team over both legs, we have made the final.

First Leg: They were better than us, we went out for the draw but it was a nice surprise to come away with a win, an ugly goal coming from a goalmouth scramble after a corner.

Second Leg: It was a real cause for concern here, our opponents looked better from the start and made it count after only 6 minutes. Luckily super-sub Stanislav Luptak came on with half an hour to play and rescued the tie for us.

End of season review:

Fixtures: A mixed bag from our last month, a good cup win but results other than that weren't too great.

Final Table: We came close to 4th, but anything beyond that wasn't possible from an early stage. Trnava get better every year.

Squad Stats: Maybe we did miss Marian Dinu, our attack certainly missed something.

Luckily everyones favourite Marian Michalko Y1 AMC managed 14 goals and 11 assists. Unbelievable performances from him throughout the season, he carried us at times.

He may even get his first international cap (and the first of any academy graduate) as he has been called up to the squad!

screenhunter10jun201918.jpg

The rest of our midfield was strong, with academy graduate Peter Kotora stepping up to the plate in the centre of the midfield, his 2 goals and an assist in the cup final were a particular highlight...

Finances: This seasons loss currently stand at only £46k. A lot better than the previous season, hopefully we can profit in years to come.

Congrats of Europa qualification! And that's great that an academy grad may get his 1st international cap. A good youth system you have there.

He got injured in training so came straight back home :(

In other news we embarrassed ourselves in the slovak super cup, Simon Engonga had a terrible game for Trnava!

trnavavsfmsenecsplitvie.png

Pre-Season 2019/2020 season

Squad: looks good on paper, but I'm not sure how we will perform this season. I am hoping for big things, but I haven't set expectations too high, to avoid the inevitable disappointment!

Youth squad: Our youth team is dominant, but a bit low on numbers as I am selective on the youths that get signed, hopefully they win again this season easily.

Finances: Always a problem for this club, but slowly seem to be sorting them out!

Euro Cup 3rd Round Qualifier:

We weren't seeded for the draw, so it could have been a lot, lot worse. I would say we stand a chance here!

screenhunter12jun220045.jpg

July update:

I wouldn't usually give an update for such a small update, but it's worth noting!

Fixtures: Unbeaten month! Details of the Euro game below :)

League Table: Well, this probably won't last much longer but we're top! Unbeaten with 0 goals conceded. I hope it lasts.

The driving force behind our success is none other than Marian Michalko Y1 AMC, bagging himself Player and Goal of the month, so far he has 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games. I hope this continues!

Euro game

First leg:

We had so, so many chances, I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the home leg. I went for it against weak opposition, it looks to have paid off for now.

xzrvsfmsenecsplitview.png

Euro Cup 4th Qualifying round

First Leg: Well, we didn't lose at home, but I doubt we could have come much closer. Midfield has been torn apart by injuries in the early season as well :( Again, only 1,000 people attending?!

Second Leg: a very much makeshift team struggled in Switzerland, but we scored and I'm happy enough with how it went in Europe this season. We got a further £150k from this tie, which will hopefully see us profit this season!

Trnava got a pretty tough Champions League group...

screenhunter17jun221339.jpg

August Update:

Well, it's been a busy month, opening of the season, Euro qualifiers and many, many injuries, the worst of which is crucial man in midfield Alexandr Nevinskiy, out for up to 6 months!

We started the month well, but a pile up of fixtures has left the squad tired and ended our good form. Fixtures

The defeat to Trnava was annoying and one we didn't deserve, leaving us trailing the top 2 at the top of the table as well. League Table

One great positive for once is our bank balance!, which for once, is in the black! :D

Archived