[FM10] From the bottom of England to the top with Bengal Tigers - 24 Divisions!

Sun

Have only just come across this thread and decided to do a search on your club just to see what I could find.

Found this quite funny (taken from their website)...

Turn Up If You Say That You Are Going To: Last night was particularly annoying as it meant that we had to play with four men for ten minutes but it wasn’t the first time that people have said that they will play and haven’t turned up. Poor form frankly and not fair on the people who do turn up – it’s not like I don’t send enough emails asking people to confirm that they can play. If your plans do change at the last minute for any reason then please at least send an email/text message as soon as you can.

Congrats on the successive promotions too :)

Pre-Season Update:

Friendlies:

F1lfd.png

Friendlies went better than in the last 2 years, no transfers in or out as my scouts can't find anyone better than my players...

League expectation

-------------------------

Bristol Downs League Division 2 : Board expectation - Promotion : Media expectation - 2nd out of 14

Cup expectations

---------------------

English Bristol Downs League Norman Hardy Cup : Final

Transfer budget : £1,500

Wage budget : £1,400

Current wage bill : £939

Season tickets sold : 22

Have only just come across this thread and decided to do a search on your club just to see what I could find.

Found this quite funny (taken from their website)...

Hate to be pedantic, but that's not them, the team you've mentioned are from London. The team in Bristol have a facebook page if you're interested.

I can picture loads of unrealistic problems coming up with this because the game isn't made to simulate levels this low. Good luck though, and I wish you plenty of patience because it's going to take ages until reaching a bearable level! :eek:

It's started well, keep going.

I can picture loads of unrealistic problems coming up with this because the game isn't made to simulate levels this low. Good luck though, and I wish you plenty of patience because it's going to take ages until reaching a bearable level! :eek:

It's started well, keep going.

As the creator of the file, there's only 15 leagues from Level 10 downwards and no other leagues. So it shouldn't be a major problem in simulating the levels.

I don't mean in terms of game crashing or anything like that, but more things like: by level 8 or 9 reputation of clubs and CA of players are already approaching the minimum the game allows. Hence there's going to be very very little difference between levels 9 and 24, when that's not quite the truth. We're already seeing him hire players that could be playing 10 leagues above.

I'm not criticizing your work, I think it's great people try different things like this and make it available for the community, I'm just a bit dubious on FM's limitations.

I don't mean in terms of game crashing or anything like that, but more things like: by level 8 or 9 reputation of clubs and CA of players are already approaching the minimum the game allows. Hence there's going to be very very little difference between levels 9 and 24, when that's not quite the truth. We're already seeing him hire players that could be playing 10 leagues above.

I'm not criticizing your work, I think it's great people try different things like this and make it available for the community, I'm just a bit dubious on FM's limitations.

Yeah, that's true. This was my first go at making something using the competition editor so I didn't know much about it at the time. But I've learnt a lot since then, and there will be improvements if I do this sort of thing again. If I was to do this again, I'd try and make sure things like this that don't happen again, and have players moving from the Downs 2 to the Downs 3 clubs for example by having better league reputations. But whether I'd see players playing for football league teams at the start move to clubs down to the lower leagues is another matter.

Archived