FC Karpaty - The Lions Of Lviv

Welcome to the FC Karpaty Lviv Thread

karpaty.jpg

Info

Nation: Ukraine

Founded: 1963

Estimated Value: 8M

Stadium: Ukraine Stadium (Capacity 28,051) Due to move into Lemberg Stadium 1.2.2010 (40,000)

Chairman: Petro Dyminski

Legends: Oleg Luhyzni

Fierce Rivals: Metalist, Chornomorest

Other Rivals: Dinamo Kiev, Metalurg ZP, Volyn, Lviv

Media Prediction: 9th

Honours

USSR Cup:

Runner-Up

Ukrainian Cup: 1993, 1999

Ukrainian First League: 2004/05

With not much of a successful history and typically an unknown club i find taking over at Karpaty a bigger and more rewarding challenge than the most known team in Ukraine, Shahktar with dethroning Shahktar from the Ukrainian league a challenge itself, although with a not bad squad to start with, a new 40,000 seater on the way and a great board behind you everything is there for you to do a good job at Karpaty.

FC Karpaty Lviv (Ukrainian: ФК «Карпати» Львів) is a Ukrainian professional football club from the city of Lviv. Named after the Carpathian Mountains. FC Karpaty was founded in 1963, the main initiators of the club's foundation were Lviv football veterans from a team of the local machine plant Lvivsilmash (Lviv agrarian machine). Karpaty debuted in Group B that year and had remained there for four seasons, until in 1968 they were promoted to Soviet First League. After promotion to the premier division in the 04/05 season they are one of perennial mid-table clubs in Ukraine. The focus of Karpatys team is their outstanding youth progamme which continues to develop top youngsters. The city of Lviv is a host city for the Euro 2012 which has allowed Karpaty to have a new 40,000 seater stadium to be built, can you give them the success they deserve in time for their new home?

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

Andriy Tlumak - The best keeper in the Karpaty squad i'd say although to progress in the league i think you should definatly look at a better keeper no longer than after the 1st season.

Yuriy Martyschuk - A good young backup keeper.

Defenders

Taras Petrivskiy - A good all round defender that can play any position on the back line useful for back up in other positions so all together a good asset.

Igor Oschgpko - Definatly a good left back would recommend keeping him for a while even as back up.

Ivan Milosevic - One of the best defenders at the club would recommend keeping him but with him being foreign and the Ukrainian league foreigner rule there may be a problem.

Nemanja Tubic - Again the same as Ivan the Serbian duo are good but may provide a stumbling block when wanting better foreigners in your team.

Eugene Tarasenko - Not much of a player here merely a back up.

Midfielders

Samson Godwin - A good defensive midfielder here would recommend keeping hold of him for now.

Oleg Golodyuk - A decent young centre mid who may become good for the club but could hold his own for a run in the team.

Andriy Tkachuk - Here is another back up player who you should maybe look to offload.

Oleg Zenyukh - Another poor midfielder at the club id say maybe could be used for rotation.

Igor Khudobyak - One of the best players at the club although good can be sold early on for quite abit of money which could help the club out with finding cheaper better players.

Mykhaylo Kopolovets - Decent left winger.

Forwards

Sergei Zenjov - One of the top forwards at the club can probably develop into a top player for the club with only being 20 years old.

Alexandre Gourouli - A decent back up striker or attacking midfieldier.

Sergiy Kuznetsov - Another good striker for the club if you get him to play well he will come good for you being ukrainian is a bonus aswell.

Youth Prospects

Igor Ozarkiv - a 17 year old centre mid who has the potential to be very good would keep hold of him for now and may warrant a run in the 1st team at some point.

Stepan Giriskyi - Rate this young defender quite highly myself could develop to be a solid right back.

So overall a good team which will give you a good run in the Ukrainian league but id watch the no more than 7 foreign players rule when buying players, With a few right buys in certain positions though this club can go far! It's just looking for a manager to take them there.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so finally got round to finishing the OP. Cant recommend this club enough as a challenging, rewarding and fun game.. Hope to see alot of you guys take on the challenge and share them in this thread i myself am 4 season into my Karpaty career which has been the best on FM10 so far and will upload the seasons analysis shortly.

Ok so heres my Season 1 Update:

Season 1

Overview:

A very good first season for given the budget and players i had when starting with Karpaty finishing 6th but only due to the overhaul of the squad which took place in the summer of 2009. After watching the world cup i was impressed with a few of the South African players so i thought would they be interested in coming to Ukraine with it being hard to find quality cheap players wanting to join Karpaty in the mid table of the Ukrainian Premier League so after scouting a few i ended up with a strong South African contingent within the Karpaty squad by the end of the transfer window also quite a few Ukrainian prospects which i felt was needed due to the leagues foriegner rule. A memorable cup run was also to be found in my 1st season at Karpaty reaching the semi-finals of the Ukrainian cup but going out to the unbeatable Shakhtar Donetsk who eventually went on to win the cup. The highlight of the Season was finishing 6th though and just grabbing the last UEFA Europa League spot which excited the fans and myself by getting Karpaty onto the european spotlight which might interest a few players come next summer.

With a small transfer buget i felt there was a need to sell to get the players i wanted also a couple of 48 month deals helped to sign a couple of top players for the team which was needed. So here's a few of my transfers which gave the team a great backbone to go on in seasons to come with some great performances through the season causing values to shoot up which will be great for the club when looking to move these players on making a tidy profit.

Players Performance

The season was a highlight itself but that was only made possible by some top performances from starting with the South African Contingent Khune in goal was sublime throughout the season with Khumalo and Kryvstov infront of him forming a solid defensive partnership. In midfield it was Shakhov who stood out in the engine room as the box to box midfielders scoring a few crackers from there aswell, also in midfield was Modise who impressed me throughout the season sitting behind the striker bagging 7 goals and providing 9 assists in 24 appearances on the left of Modise was Tshabalala who was a class act on the Left wing both scoring and providing. The back up players that were brought in the like of Tia, Doutie and Kas'kov did a great job and impressed in their appearances earning themselves some starts towards the back end of the season.

Transfers In:

Sergiy Kryvtsov - 1.7M - A Ukrainian player i have admired for a while and just had to bring him to Karpaty. Although hefty i was happy with the fee i paid for him.

Artur Kas'kov - 900k - Another ukrainian prospect a young frontman which my scouts highly recommended.

Vitaly Vernydub - 400k - A defensive midfielder brought in to play alongside Shakhov.

Eugene Shakhov - 475k - The Ukrainian Gerrard was very happy with this guy another Ukrainian player i have admirerd for a while and was happy to get him on board especially at that price.

Teko Modise - 300k - One of the South African players which impressed me during the world cup the perfect player to fill the attacking mid spot in the team at a very good price.

Illiasu Shilla - Free - Ghanaian Central Defender, A very good free transfer for a young solid defender.

Siphiwe Tshabalala - 600k - Quite expensive but needed a left winger badly and had to have this guy in top player.

Sameegh Doutie - 75k - Yet another South African after needing a right winger found Doutie and was very happy with the price i got him at.

Bongani Khumalo - 325k - Top S. African Central Defender for a very good price finishing my backline buying for the summer.

Itumeleng Khune - 625k - With weak keepers in the squad needed a top keeper and found that in Khune with being young also was a top buy for myself.

Valery Tia - 75k - A young Ivorian attacking midfielder who could player left,right or centre which was just the right back up i needed.

Mzuvele Skosana - 40k - To finish off my midfielding buying and the last of the South Africans was Skosana.

Transfers Out:

Igor Khudobyak - 2.5M - With Shakhtar pursuing my top man had to let him go with this price offered.

Ivan Milosevic - 100k - Wanting to bring my own backline in had to get rid of Ivan.

Nemanja Tubic - 250k - Had to let the 2nd of the Serbian duo go due to my own defenders coming in.

Oleg Golodyuk - 500k - Was reluctant to let Oleg go but the money was needed and was happy with the men coming in.

Eugene Tarasenko - 20k - Didnt feel had a future at the club had to go.

Alexandre Gourouli - 10k - Didnt feel was going to feature so had to go.

Most of my sales had 40% Sell on Clauses on them which i was happy with.

09table.jpg

I've started a save, with Karpaty now, but I'll be honest, and say I copied the OP's sales, and some of the buys. :D I'll do a proper update later.

My first signing was Hamed Diomande from ASEC Mimosas for £100k.

I've started a save, with Karpaty now, but I'll be honest, and say I copied the OP's sales, and some of the buys. :D I'll do a proper update later.

Sounds good mate looking good with a few people starting with Karpaty now, be intersting to see how you do with the South African lads aswell Played a 4 2 3 1 formation and they were outstanding for me. Especially Modise.

Its Sergiy Kryvtsov, I spelt the surname wrong, he plays for Metalurg ZP.

Anyway, update time.

Sales: Ivan Milosevic, Igor Khudobyak, Alexandre Gorouli, Eugene Tarasenko and Nemanja Tubic for a combined £1.9m.

Ins:

Hamed Diomande - 20 year old Ivorian international CB for £100k from ASEC Mimosas

Vitaly Vernydub - 21 year old Ukranian DM for £600k from Metalurg ZP

Eugene Shakhov - 18 year old Ukranian MC for £650k from Dnipro

Siphiwe Tshabalala - 24 year old South African AML for £750k from Kaizer Chiefs

Bognani Khumalo - 22 year old South African CB for £400k from SuperSport Utd

Artem Fedetskyi - 24 year old Ukranian RB for £6k from Shakhtar

Samvel Melkonyan - 24 year old Armenian AMR for £70k from Metalurg D

Roland Russel Bilala - 18 year old Ukranian ST on a season loan worth £65k from Dinamo Kiev

Douglas Costa - 18 year old Brazilian AMC on a season loan from Shakhtar.

Very happy with my transfers.

Anyway, update time.

Sales: Ivan Milosevic, Igor Khudobyak, Alexandre Gorouli, Eugene Tarasenko and Nemanja Tubic for a combined £1.9m.

Ins:

Hamed Diomande - 20 year old Ivorian international CB for £100k from ASEC Mimosas

Roland Russel Bilala - 18 year old Ukranian ST on a season loan worth £65k from Dinamo Kiev

Hes not on my game :(

Anyway, update time.

Ins:

You looked at Teko Modise mate? Great buy him. and Stepankenko is a great defensive mid for me.

Vernydub has been solid for me though good player.

Right so here's my 2nd season review:

Season 2

With a very good 1st season the aim was to achieve a spot in europe once again this season and with a big transfer budget given to me by the board i felt this was definatly achievable, and another great season followed with The Lions finishing 4th this season back in europe again but just 10 points off a Champions League spot which would of been great but a top season non the less. Karpatys first ever season in Europe was a memorable one getting the likes of Benfica, Anderlecht and Cibilia a small Croatian team in the groups i though we wouldnt get out of it but we did qualifying 2nd after some classic wins at home to Benfica and beating Anderlecht home and away which was great then into the knockout's where we played Porto getting a 0-0 draw at home but unlucky to not win the match then unfortunatly losing 4-2 at their place after taking the lead, so a good campaign in europe this year getting Karpaty on the map in european competition. Now onto the final competition the Ukrainian cup where after reaching the semi final last season and losing out to Shahktar i felt we could at least get there again this season and the team did proud getting to the final but again Shakhtar proved a stumbling block with them lifting the trophy but getting to the final was an achievment itself for this club. So a great season in all competitions which we can only look to improve on next season so onwards and upwards for Karpaty.

Players Performance

Once again it was the South African contingent in the team that shone throughout the season although Rodriguez making an appearance this season stood out begin the main playmaker and grabbing alot of goals in the process which contributed to the teams season. Maxym Koval brought in as a hot keeper prospect also cemented himself in goal at the age of 18 after some solid games with Opanasenko and Kryvtsov provding a great defensive partnership infront of him. Santiago Garcia the big buy striker didnt perform as good as i hoped this season but the batch of youthful regens got a chance and didnt do to bad so im happy with them quite abit.

Transfers In

Quite a few regens brought in this season as i like to focus on youth but also a couple of key players were brought in.

Maxym Koval - 1.4M - A young keeper but very good with alot of potential.

Eugene Opanasenko - 2.5M - Wanted to make a backline Ukrainian so brought in this guy whos a top player and a great partner for Krvystov.

James Rodriguez - 1.5M - Class player and after seeing he was still at banfield knew i had a chance of signing him and we did, went straight into the starting line up.

Dodo - 1.1 - A very good left back and young aswell.

Santiago Garcia - 3.5M - Quite a hefty price tag on this lad but needed a big front man for a real presence upfront after Kustensov not cutting it upfront.

Andrej Kramaric - 1.3M - Another striker brought in to improve my frontline.

Torric - 85k - Maybe the next michael essien? Worth a punt.

Below are the regens signed wont go into much detail as they are only regens.

Loue - 150k - Great stats for this young pacey striker had to have him.

Sankey - 100k - Young promising defender.

Ladwaba - 700k - Young central midfielder who looks to be a top talent.

Gnahoua - 200k - Another youthful defender brought in for the future.

Owusu Dickson - 100k - Same as above really.

Rafael Alves- 1.3M - Cafu like brazilian right back but only 17 so has time to improve.

Jose Hernandez - 1.2M - Another top midfield prospect.

Transfers Out

Martyschuk - Free - Wasnt needed anymore.

Tkachuk - 18k - Surplus to requirements.

Shilla - 550k - Had a decent season before but had to let go at a decent price due to better players coming in.

Samson Godwin - 80k - Was happy with this player in the season before but had to replace him with better quality to improve the team.

Tlumak - 55k - Surplus to requirements again.

Kopolovets - 20k - Same as above.

Taras Petrivski - 200k - Was a good all round backup player but couldnt find the game time to give him.

Batista Rocha - Free - Was left in the reserves mostly and didnt do much when he had the chance.

table10.jpg

2 Very good results the team can be proud of.

benfica.jpg

andere.jpg

Ive not given up yet. Im just having trouble as I dont no anyone in the league so it may be a longer game for me.

Didnt know much about the league myself when i started mate easy enough though once you have a decent team together, what transfers did you make?

Didnt know much about the league myself when i started mate easy enough though once you have a decent team together, what transfers did you make?

I havent yet I keep getting bored so i kept quitting. Im may go back on soon but i was looking at signing and few South Africans, Ivory Coast players etc. However I was waiting for the £2.5m sale of the £850k valued player. But im gonna have to do it all again.

Thats the main reason i got alot of South Africans they all wanted to join and were very cheap butt quality players aswell. As you do better with the club better players do come im now in the champions league now and can attract most of the top players.

Archived