[iPhone] FMH 2010 bug reporting thread

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if it's a bug or not, but I thought that if you were in the Club world championship that you didn't play any league games during the tournament. I just played the semi-final of the CWC and then played a Serie A league game, then went back to the CWC for the final. Just thought I'd post it incase it was a bug.

Don't know if it's a bug or not, but I thought that if you were in the Club world championship that you didn't play any league games during the tournament. I just played the semi-final of the CWC and then played a Serie A league game, then went back to the CWC for the final. Just thought I'd post it incase it was a bug.

Hi Scott W51, this is something that we have in our bug database already. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Using an Iphone 3GS running on 3.2.1 OS.

Whenever I list players for loan, it automatically deslits them and then I have to relist them and then after a while it delists them again and then I have to relist them and so forth! Doesn't notify me of the delist, it's just if I check the player's transfer status that I notice it. Seems to be very random, not always after a save or anything like that. Any ideas why that would be happening?

Also, nobody has offered to loan any of my players. I am managing Chelsea and have some pretty decent players up for loan. Is there any way to stop it delisting my players and also getting clubs interested in loaning my players?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I downloaded the 's' issue update and had no issues at all. I have now downloaded the latest 1.7 update and the game now crashes the ipod into resetting itself half way through matches. Sometimes it will get through a match or two, sometimes it crashes half way through the first match after turning the ipod on. I've played a full 25 year game and have recently started a new game. This is quite frustrating so any help would be greatfully recieved. FYI I'm using a 32gb 3rd gen Ipod touch. Thanks

• SI Staff
Hi, I downloaded the 's' issue update and had no issues at all. I have now downloaded the latest 1.7 update and the game now crashes the ipod into resetting itself half way through matches. Sometimes it will get through a match or two, sometimes it crashes half way through the first match after turning the ipod on. I've played a full 25 year game and have recently started a new game. This is quite frustrating so any help would be greatfully recieved. FYI I'm using a 32gb 3rd gen Ipod touch. Thanks

It sounds like your installation might be a bit 'snafu' - if possible could you uninstall and then reinstall the game? - be warned this will remove your save games.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply. How do I uninstall? Is it just a case of deleting it from itunes and redownloading it again from the app store? Will this not charge me again? Also, is there not any way to back up the save file. It would be a little annoying to have to start over again. Thanks.

• SI Staff
Thanks for your reply. How do I uninstall? Is it just a case of deleting it from itunes and redownloading it again from the app store? Will this not charge me again? Also, is there not any way to back up the save file. It would be a little annoying to have to start over again. Thanks.

If you download the game again from iTunes it should recognise you've paid already and just allow you to download it.

Try deleting it from iTunes (not your device) and then redownloading it - then resync and see if its kind enough to install over the top, that'll allow retention of your save game (if it works) ... if not then you might have to remove it from the device itself which would mean removing the save games as well.

(one thing I'm trying to figure out presently is a way to allow people to move save games off their device so they can back them up for just this sort of scenario)

Hi there,

Whenever I list players for loan, it automatically deslits them and then I have to relist them and then after a while it delists them again and then I have to relist them and so forth! Doesn't notify me of the delist, it's just if I check the player's transfer status that I notice it. Seems to be very random, not always after a save or anything like that. Any ideas why that would be happening?

Also, nobody has offered to loan any of my players. I am managing Chelsea and have some pretty decent players up for loan. Is there any way to stop it delisting my players and also getting clubs interested in loaning my players?

Thanks a lot!

Hi chromeman

Are you running the latest version of the game, version 1.7?

Are you offering players out for loan through the Offer to Clubs section or just listing them for loan through the Transfer Status section?

Hi, I installed v1.7 (on iPhone 3GS with iOS 4) a couple of days ago and realised that there may be a couple of problems:

1. My Reputation went from "Local" to "Unproven" even though I have 1443 Manager Pts, around 50% winning percentage, and have brought "Hayes & Yeading United" from Blue Sq League to Championship in 6 or 7 seasons.

2. My job went from "Secure" to "Safe" even though I did much better than last season and my Club/Player Loyalty is 18.

Also, I think there is a bug in the Set-Piece Taker Selection. The players I select during the match as Freekick Takers or Corner Takers are usually ignored by the AI. It is frustrating to see my defenders taking freekicks or penalty! Admittedly, this problem doesn't start with v1.7... it was there much earlier.

Please take a look at the above. Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks a lot!

Hi chromeman,

Thanks for pointing that out. It's something we've now logged internally.

Hi chromeman

Are you running the latest version of the game, version 1.7?

Are you offering players out for loan through the Offer to Clubs section or just listing them for loan through the Transfer Status section?

Cheers for replying. It's 1.5. Just listing them for loan in the Transfer Status section.

Also, found another one. Had a Champions League game against Lyon on 23.11.11 and I could only get 15 players in the squad as loads of them were away on internation duty. Screenshots attached.

Cheers again!

Rob.

img0272.png

img0271.png

img0270d.png

img0269.png

• SI Staff
1. My Reputation went from "Local" to "Unproven" even though I have 1443 Manager Pts, around 50% winning percentage, and have brought "Hayes & Yeading United" from Blue Sq League to Championship in 6 or 7 seasons.

I believe this is fixed now in FMHi2011 - thanks for mentioning it (not a new problem in 1.7 - was already present).

2. My job went from "Secure" to "Safe" even though I did much better than last season and my Club/Player Loyalty is 18.

Ditto.

Looking into the other items now ...

Cheers for replying. It's 1.5. Just listing them for loan in the Transfer Status section.

Also, found another one. Had a Champions League game against Lyon on 23.11.11 and I could only get 15 players in the squad as loads of them were away on internation duty. Screenshots attached.

Cheers again!

Rob.

OK we have reported the problem with the players delisting. For the other issue can you confirm in which competition the players national teams are playing? i.e., is it a European Championship play off?

i have a lil problemo here. Its more of a graphical glitch/bug.

so I playeed a match which ended Derby 1-2 Huddersfield but however on the scores listed below 4 goals apparenty were scored for derby and 3 for hudders. I know its a GFX problem because I still got the 3 pts and the players that actually scored only got 1 goal

• SI Staff
i have a lil problemo here. Its more of a graphical glitch/bug.

so I playeed a match which ended Derby 1-2 Huddersfield but however on the scores listed below 4 goals apparenty were scored for derby and 3 for hudders. I know its a GFX problem because I still got the 3 pts and the players that actually scored only got 1 goal

Hmm strange one that, not heard of it before - will try and reproduce it in house.

Thanks, Marc, for looking into my bug report above.

Here is another one:

I found that if I were to make a salary offer to a player of another club and he rejects,

then my previous offer will not get displayed the next time I press the "negotiate" button.

This is quite inconvenient because I tend to make offers to multiple players at a time and

wont' be able to track my previous offers unless I write them down on paper.

I think this is a bug and not a feature because for players in my own club which I

want to extend contract, the previous offer will be displayed when I press the "negotiate" button,

regardless of how many times he rejects my offer.

Thanks for looking into this, am using iPhone 3GS with v1.7 on iOS4.

Thanks, Marc, for looking into my bug report above.

Here is another one:

I found that if I were to make a salary offer to a player of another club and he rejects,

then my previous offer will not get displayed the next time I press the "negotiate" button.

This is quite inconvenient because I tend to make offers to multiple players at a time and

wont' be able to track my previous offers unless I write them down on paper.

I think this is a bug and not a feature because for players in my own club which I

want to extend contract, the previous offer will be displayed when I press the "negotiate" button,

regardless of how many times he rejects my offer.

Thanks for looking into this, am using iPhone 3GS with v1.7 on iOS4.

Hi viboon

Yes this is a bug and I agree it is frustrating, thanks for bringing it up.

Hmm strange one that, not heard of it before - will try and reproduce it in house.

It happened again marc, but this time a HSV player scored for me :O He had no previous history with my club or even been in england (nation im using my club in) and I won 2-1 but on the scorers in says i won 3-1 where Jaoe Gonzales or something like that came and scored for me. I can provide some screenshots of this if you want. And if it helps im also using Update 1.7

Hi, I have another one to report:

My club's Financial State went from "Okay" (or such) to "Insecure" after 2nd seasons in the Championship even though I have been spending way below my Wage Budget and Transfer Budget for the previous 4 seasons.

Here is what is currently shown. I am playing Hayes&Yeading United in the English League:

1. Financial State: Insecure

2. Transfer Budget: 1.2M

3. Wage Budget: 53,000 per wk

4. Current Wage Total: 48,000 per wk

5. Maximum Wage: 5,250 per wk

I suspect the following could have caused it:

1. One of my players is paid 5,750 per wk somehow

2. The total I spent on Players Bought (800K) is more than Players Sold (450K)

Also, can someone point me to how the "Ability" vs. "Potential" for a player works?

- I have players who play > 25 games a season for 3 seasons in a row but never get

more than 2 stars in the Current Ability column. The Potential Ability are about 8 stars.

I don't know whether to sell such player or wait for him to reach full potential!

- On the other hand, I have players who go from 1 star to 3 stars in the Current Ability

after just 1 season which he plays only 5 games (not starter).

- I have also seen players whose Potential Ability reduced from many stars to just 2 stars

though they are < 26 yrs old. Are these usually caused by injuries?

Some guideline on this will be good.

Thanks again.

• SI Staff

With regards to finances - sometimes they will vary up and down slightly through factors outside of your control (tax bills and suchlike coming in for instance, if your board doesn't budget for such things they can be a shock to a club).

With regards to the player wage - did you go on holiday at all (as if you do sometimes your assistant will renew a contract during that period if its required).

I'll try and write up something about ability and potential in the near future.

With regards to finances - sometimes they will vary up and down slightly through factors outside of your control (tax bills and suchlike coming in for instance, if your board doesn't budget for such things they can be a shock to a club).

I see, thought that it was a bug. Anyway, I just got to Premier Division and the Finance status is now "RICH". :)

With regards to the player wage - did you go on holiday at all (as if you do sometimes your assistant will renew a contract during that period if its required).

No I didn't go on holiday... how could I trust my assistant who could not even give me accurate player assessment. :) The player's contract was signed in previous season, but I don't remember the limit then. Perhaps you can test the program out... what will happen if a player's wage is more than a new season's limit?

I'll try and write up something about ability and potential in the near future.

Yes, please do.

I had sort of figured out that a player's potential will be adjusted downwards when he hits 24 years old, OR when the club moves to a higher division. However, what I don't know is how to get the most out of a player's potential. Some players are just stuck at a certain level no matter how many games they start.

Another puzzling thing for me is that some players, despite their high ratings in many attributes, consistently perform worse than another player with lousier attributes. I am talking about players in the same position, and I compare their key attributes. I guess there are some "hidden" attributes in play here as well? :)

BTW, thanks for this great game. Am eagerly waiting for the 2011 version... hope I can win the Premier Division before then.

• SI Staff
I see, thought that it was a bug. Anyway, I just got to Premier Division and the Finance status is now "RICH".

It isn't BUT reporting it was very useful as obviously it should have clarifacation and a news item or something to explain the change really - that'll stop people being confused by it.

Another puzzling thing for me is that some players, despite their high ratings in many attributes, consistently perform worse than another player with lousier attributes. I am talking about players in the same position, and I compare their key attributes. I guess there are some "hidden" attributes in play here as well?

Yeah there are a fair few hidden attributes in the game; you can often get a 'feel' for them via. some of the news items, happiness text* or in-match commentary which is shown (I've done a few other things to make such items easier to 'spot' in FMHi 2011 also).

*For instance a more volitile player might be said to be 'angry' whereas a professional player might say he's 'disappointed' - that sort of thing ...

BTW, thanks for this great game. Am eagerly waiting for the 2011 version... hope I can win the Premier Division before then.

Glad you're enjoying it - good luck :D

I had sort of figured out that a player's potential will be adjusted downwards when he hits 24 years old, OR when the club moves to a higher division. However, what I don't know is how to get the most out of a player's potential. Some players are just stuck at a certain level no matter how many games they start.

I'm having the same problems. The moment the player hits the age of 24 his potential is adjusted to match his current ability. It seems a bit harsh that a player's ability does not progress after they turn 24. Players normally peak around the age of 28-30 IRL.

I'm having the same problems. The moment the player hits the age of 24 his potential is adjusted to match his current ability. It seems a bit harsh that a player's ability does not progress after they turn 24. Players normally peak around the age of 28-30 IRL.

Yes, 24 yr old is a bit too early. In the top division, I can't play a youngster all the time as he will be overwhelmed (rating of 5 often) and thus may cost me the game. This is catch 22 situation... because how do I improve his ability if I can't play him often? :confused:

Also, I can't keep buying "mature" players who has high ability as this will burst the budget!

• SI Staff

Please bear in mind that this DOESNT actually happen, what occurs is that as a player ages a scout/coach takes into account the likelihood of his reaching his potential - that potential doesn't change at all, just practically if a player hasn't reached a certain level by say 23-24 then it becomes less likely that he will do so.

As such its largely the scout/coach report which needed tweaking - the player can still progress past this age and indeed its possible for a late bloomer to pop up at a very late age now and again in the game.

I have tuned the coaching/scouting reports and als player progression/regression a bit for FMHi 2011 now and look forward to hearing your feedback on this side things (you should also find older players now don't 'cliff dive' in physical attributes quite so severely while active for instance).

PS - If you aren't able to play a youngster loaning him out to gain experience is normally a helpful thing incidentally, a LOT of now top class players (ie. Beckham) went out on loan in their early days ...

Please bear in mind that this DOESNT actually happen, what occurs is that as a player ages a scout/coach takes into account the likelihood of his reaching his potential - that potential doesn't change at all, just practically if a player hasn't reached a certain level by say 23-24 then it becomes less likely that he will do so.

I understand. The drop in potential (according to the scout/coach) just seems a bit drastic when the player reaches 24. A smoother drop over a longer period would be more realistic in my opinion. Sounds good with the tweaks for FM2011. Looks like I need til invest in that as well.

I have encountered a bug concerning the Player Search. Last season I took over the England job (a slightly self-damaging personality coming to the fore there, I suppose), and I tried to use the "Nation" slide when looking for good English players. Unfortunately the search engine keeps displaying Italian, Irish, Spanish, Brazilian, Portuguese, Welsh, Russian and French players in addition to the English ones. However, there is a difference between the results when the slider is turned on and off. It seems like is sorts out all of the non-English players who are worth more than the most valuable English player, and most of the ones who are worth less.

Also, I really miss the "Side"-slider - wouldn't it be possible to give to different versions of "Player Search", like the two options under "Club"?

I use the 1.7 version on an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1, also my club is Northampton.

• SI Staff
I have encountered a bug concerning the Player Search. Last season I took over the England job (a slightly self-damaging personality coming to the fore there, I suppose), and I tried to use the "Nation" slide when looking for good English players. Unfortunately the search engine keeps displaying Italian, Irish, Spanish, Brazilian, Portuguese, Welsh, Russian and French players in addition to the English ones. However, there is a difference between the results when the slider is turned on and off. It seems like is sorts out all of the non-English players who are worth more than the most valuable English player, and most of the ones who are worth less.

Can you check if they're 'dual nationality' players? - quite often if it appears a player isn't meant to be in that filter he's got the relevant nationality as his second nation.

Also, I really miss the "Side"-slider - wouldn't it be possible to give to different versions of "Player Search", like the two options under "Club"?

I'll look into it - although something this major would likely have to hit an 'update' now rather than the initial release for FMHi 2011 (as I'm in 'swing' now with a feature list and a 'plan' .... ;) ).

Juventus, for three seasons now, does not have a goalkeeper, not even from a second team. Maybe it's been more than three seasons because I only checked its squad when I started to score four goals against them when I was clearly an underdog.

A DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER is taking its goalkeeper position. I find this shockingly unrealistic even for an handheld game. I don't think this is in anyway intended, so I thought I should report this issue in this thread.

I do have a screenshot, but unfortunately I do not have a USB port atm. If requested, I will post it up later.

• SI Staff
Juventus, for three seasons now, does not have a goalkeeper, not even from a second team. Maybe it's been more than three seasons because I only checked its squad when I started to score four goals against them when I was clearly an underdog.

A DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER is taking its goalkeeper position. I find this shockingly unrealistic even for an handheld game. I don't think this is in anyway intended, so I thought I should report this issue in this thread.

I do have a screenshot, but unfortunately I do not have a USB port atm. If requested, I will post it up later.

Just to check are they an active team (ie. playing in an active league) ? - it sounds very unusual (and definitely isn't something which I've heard of happening before) in any case but it might be helpful in me tracking this down.

• SI Staff

Very strange - I'll try and replicate and fix it here; thanks for the information.

(with regards to 'inactive league' - the nation you choose to manage within at the start of the game is considered 'active' - all others are 'inactive' and simulated partially to try and provide as much realism to the game world)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a strange transfer issue in a brand new save with Lyon--I can't make an actual offer on any players. I click on make an offer, select how much, confirm the offer and...nothing. No news item saying an offer was made. No denial/acceptance. The players' contract screen will say that I'm interested, but doesn't show that I've actually made an offer. And, I have the option to make another offer immediately.

I haven't spent a dime of my transfer budget. The transfer window is still open. I have tried scouting and shortlisting players first (and unlisting them), still nothing. Doesn't matter where they're from, how old, transfer status at current club, etc. Tried reloading, nothing. Started new games in France, with different teams--same problem. Toggled sugar daddy option--didn't change anything. Loaded up saves in other countries, everything works fine. Started new games in other countries, everything is fine. It's just France. Any ideas about what is going on, Marc, or do I need to reinstall?

• SI Staff

That sounds blooming strange - I'll try it here in a bit and see if I can replicate it, there isn't a lot different in France comparatively to other nations so I'm not sure why that'd be happening at all .... let me get back to you.

PS - The only time this might 'normally' happen is as a safety outlet against the transfer system eating up too much memory and causing instability - but you'd have had to bid on literally hundreds of players at once to cause that ...

First post for a LOOOONNNGGG time.

Thoroughly enjoying FM2010 on iphone a few issues.

In my game-Hellas Verona in Serie A-I have played Man City in Europa League 2013 and in Champions League 2014-on both occasions they didn't have a goalie in their entire squad. In first game-Europa league Nigel De Jong was in net. In Champions league they had 3 outfield players in the goalies position-2 subs were used, one got an 8 rating!

Weird-especially as they finished runner-up in domestic league without a goalie for entire season!

Secondly as reported already-Transfer deadline day transfers are a complete no-go. I have never had a transfer go through on deadline day-whether within my own domestic league or abroad. If someone wants to buy off me then no probs-it's got so bad that I conduct all my deadline day transfers-the day I get the '1 week to go' warning!

Also I had my keeper sent off and it didn't go straight to tactics screen but to penalty-where it 'appeared' that I didn't have a keeper-but when tactics screen did come up-straight after penalty score-my defender had been put in goal by the computer!

Sorry if been mentioned before and I presume it won't be dealt with-unless FMHH2011 is based in 2010!

Also I had my keeper sent off and it didn't go straight to tactics screen but to penalty-where it 'appeared' that I didn't have a keeper-but when tactics screen did come up-straight after penalty score-my defender had been put in goal by the computer!

I've just had this too. GK sent off and penalty taken with nobody in goal before the tactics screen is displayed and it then displays a defender in net. Version 1.7 in English league.

Hi Marc, just another minor bug to report:

I have received news article that says one of my players is captain of England for some international game. But when I checked his history screen and his energy level, he didn't play, not even as a sub.

This is for iOS version 1.7. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, hopefully this thread is still monitored!

I bought the LITE version of FM2010 for my i-pod and played a few games. Liked it, so I downloaded the full game through i-tunes. I thought I would be able to continue with the game I had started in the LITE version on my full version, but it seems not. Does this only work if you buy the game wirelessly through the option to "buy full game" on the menu screen?

It's no big deal, but just wondered.

• SI Staff
Hi there, hopefully this thread is still monitored!

Yeah I'm still around

I bought the LITE version of FM2010 for my i-pod and played a few games. Liked it, so I downloaded the full game through i-tunes. I thought I would be able to continue with the game I had started in the LITE version on my full version, but it seems not. Does this only work if you buy the game wirelessly through the option to "buy full game" on the menu screen?

'tis my fault as I don't think its clearly explained in the game.

To export a save from the demo -

(1) buy and install the full game

(2) boot up the Demo version of the game and hit 'load game'.

(3) On the load game page select the save you want to transfer to the full game and then hit EXPORT instead of load.

(4) You should now see the Demo and full version of the game flash up and down on the screen a few times (exactly how often depends on the size of the game you're transferring).

(5) At the end of this sequence (when it stops basically - give it a minute or so) make sure you're in the full version (you might have to restart it) and hit 'load game'.

(6) You should now see your Demo save available.

Hope this helps,

Marc

• SI Staff
Just a quick question about values, won the treble with Real Madrid, come to the next season and I look to offload Van der Vaart who didnt play much of a role for me, to find that his value is £22.5mil! Then I looked at the squad:

Can understand winning the Champions League would increase value but to the extent that it has is ludicrous.

I agree and I've tweaked this for 2011 ..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived