"Come on you Whites!"- Bolton Wanderers thread

ypresfr

ffs I was loving my Bolton save till it got corrupted while I was saving icon_mad.gif

I came in 5th in the Premier League after a great season.

At the start I sold Diouf and brought in Kezman. He scored 30 goals for the whole season and ended up fans player of the year! His partnership with Anelka was awesome. I also brought in Dsudasck (sp is wrong I know)

Just at the start of the season, since I had been very good with my money (earning the team lots of money in cups and europe) I got a 27 million dollar transfer budget icon_razz.gif

It was the start of the season and I brought in Kahlenberg and Jeremy Menez for around 10 million pound each.

Then the game got corrupted!!!! I was so mad.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DirtyJoe: Yeah, I started again because of my stupid computer corrupted the game. Hardly done anything on my second go, only played nine games as I have been doing other things seeing as it's Christmas and all that. Form has dropped a little and I'm now 8th but there's a long way to go. I've tried Iversen as a target man and he did okay but he is an absolute revelation at AMC in your tactic and has the 2nd highest average rating in the team so I'm going to keep playing him there.

Haestad: I know how you feel mate, seems like you had a good game going there. Have you started again with Bolton or moved onto another team?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally just finished my first season because I've been rotating with my Valencia game and also been busy so haven't been playing much recently.

Position: 6th

W 15 D 14 L 9 For 53 Against 43 GD +9 Pts 59

1st Liverpool Pts 77

5th Chelsea Pts 61

6th Bolton Pts 59

7th Everton Pts 58

8th Reading Pts 57

9th Man City Pts 57

18th Blackburn Pts 35

Came down to the last day for the UEFA cup place but I got a draw at Man City and Reading lost at Arsenal.

Top scorer: Anelka (24)- joint highest in Prem- shame he's gone irl

Assists: Diouf (13)- best in Prem

Man of Match: Jaaskelainen (8)

Avg Rating: Iversen (7.28)

Line up at end of season:

GK: Jaaskelainen/Coman

DR: Hunt/J O'Brien

DL: Gardner/Samuel

DC: Spiranovic/A O'Brien

DC: Meite/Michalik

MR: Diouf/Torje

ML: Aaritalo/Kewell

MC: Nolan/M Alonso

MC: Flamini/Asatiani

AMC: Iversen/Lulinha

FC: Anelka/Davies

Gardner's leaving on a free so I'm trying to get Warnock to replace him. I also need one, maybe two MCs and a ML to replace Kewell and Flamini/M Alonso who were on loan. For ML I was thinking Kewell on a permanent deal but his wages are high. Could always try on loan again. For MC I thought maybe Schaars and Motta. What do you guus reckon?

Started with Bolton in online game.

Bought Spiranovic, Chris Samba, Timmy Simons, Aaritalo, Belluschi, Doudin, Maor Bozaglo, preston edwards, jozy altidore, Lauri Dalla Valle .

Got Capel, Rebrov, Gourcoff on loan, even though I might terminate Rebrov loan as it was a cheap loan.

I've missed out on numbers of players, and didnt managed to get Sidwell, Makelele, Julio Cruz and Dacourt on loan even though i almost got Dacourt but not getting him now as I got Simons.

I've been playing rather attacking mode, with Anelka lone striker and Diouf, Belluschi and Aaritalo behind Anelka. First game vs Pompey at home 1-2, then Old Trafford, 0-1, Villa @ Rebook 2-1, Derby away 0-1. Havent been converting chances as I've wanted, and I feel I've been rather unlucky. First game I had chances to win and tie. Dominated Derby but they got the 92 min winner. My team needs time to gel and I also replaced a numbers of the staff. Having problems selling players as 2 deals of mine havent gone through (Davies to Wigan for 4.4 and Samuel to Wigan for almost 2). Might be able to sell Helguson and Andy O'brien. I also have to sell Davies or Stelios. As I've got too many centre backs I have to sell Michalkis as well.

Is it best to play defensive with Bolton? Which formation is best?

How much should I try to sell Anelka and Diouf for?

Given your results so far I would say that it's either you're team needing time to gel or like you say you are being too attacking. Great signings btw, especially as your in first season! I use a 4-4-1-1 formation by DirtyJoe with an AMC behind Anelka. Came sixth last season but he's had more success so it must just be me being a rubbish manager. icon_wink.gif

If you like I could e-mail it to you via the address in your profile.

I wouldn't sell Anelka but if he's not performing aim for £15 million like irl. As for Dioufy around £10 million is the norm. If you can sell Helguson and O'Brien as you've brought in better players. Davies is irreplaceable irl but hardly gets a game on fm for me so sell if possible. Same goes for Stelios.

I've brought in (Season 2):

Thiago Motta (Free)

Tranquillo Barnetta (Free)

Mario Yepes (Free)

Christian Pander (Free)

Sebastian Kehl (Free)

Toni Kroos (£1m)

Dean Bouzanis (£900k)

David Bentley (£5.5m)

Belletti (£2.5m)

Charles-Andre Doudin (£275k)

And sold:

Stelios (Free)

Ricardo Gardner (Free)

Ian Walker (Free)

Gabriel Torje (£4m)

Joey O'Brien (£5.5m)

I am also trying to bring in Rafael Sobis. My line-ups changed slightly:

GK: Jaaskelainen/Coman/Bouzanis

DR: Belletti/Hunt

DL: Pander/Samuel

DC: Meite/Michalik

DC: Spiranovic/Yepes

MR: Bentley/Barnetta

ML: Diouf/Aaritalo

MC: Nolan/Asatiani/Kroos

MC: Kehl/Motta

AMC: Iversen/Lulinha/Sobis (?)

FC: Anelka/Sobis/Doudin/Davies

Yeh, I would like to get that formation.

Overall, i'm happy with the signings. I got Belluschi for only 4.4 which is amazingly low. But I would have liked better AMC, but with Bolton's resources that wasnt an option. I didnt sell 1 player so my finance situation isn't good at all. If I dont start performing I will be forced to sell Anelka and Diouf mostly because of their request and because of money.

Diouf hasn't been happy and wanted to move and Lazio came with an enquiry but got scared away when I showed them his price tag. Now it seems as Diouf is happier but with january coming up I think he will ask for a transfer if I dont starting winning.

I could play 4-4-1-1 but I would need a better AMC than Stelios as I see Nolan as MC with Simons. And then Belluschi at MR and probably Diouf ML. I could also play Belluschi as AMC, Aaritalo at ML and Diouf at MR. But Belluschi is mostly a wing player but is better AMC than the formentioned players. I think I should go with 4-4-2 with Nolan and Simons at midfield. Belluschi and Diouf on the wings and Anelka and Aaritalo on top, with either much more defensive. I could also swap Aaritalo and Diouf as they can play same positions. On the other hand maybe I should use Stelios and Davies more in the start of the season instead of having 4-5 new players.

I was playing similar formation but as I said earlier I was playing attacking, considering the lack of quality players and strength of the Prem.

You've got a decent team there, probably better than mine was Jan first season. You do need an AMC and Iversen has been great for me and only costs around £1.2 million. If Anelka gets injured he can also play as FC. Otherwise just scout around and see what comes up. Look out for free transfers as well for the end of the season to replace the loan players.

I would have as your line-up atm without transfers:

GK: Jaaskelainen

DR: Hunt

DL: Gardner

DC: Spiranovic/Meite

DC: Samba

MR: Diouf

ML: Aaritalo/Capel

MC: Nolan

MC: Simons

AMC: Belluschi/Gourcuff

FC: Anelka

Been playing better lately. Have signed even more players, got Dacourt, Kone and Justin Hoyte on loan. Anelka injured.

I need a proven AMC, Gourcuff has been terrible. Should have gone for Iversen or some veteran AMC for cheap, tried some, but actually cant believe Iversen would be a solution but should have had a look. So i'm using Nolan as AMC at least for now. In that case i could use Simons and Dacourt in midfield which is a really strong midfield, especially for away games. On home games I might give Stelios AMC duty. I'm going more for proven Bolton players so I might even give Davies more chances. It isnt clever playing too many new players. I've been having best results (not actually playing better) when I play previous Bolton players more.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this thread hasn't been updated for a while. I've started enjoying my Bolton game again but haven't really done anything new: just getting used to my squad etc again. I'll post updates soon I promise.

Bestie

If you really must sell Anelka make sure you get a good price (over £10 million) for him. As for replacements, Jimmy Briand is a scoring machine if you can get him but he will take up a large amount of that Anelka fee. Otherwise yeah Stancu is good and I've heard Zarate and Kezman mentioned on this thread.

For CB both me and DirtyJoe have cheaply had Matthew Spiranovic from Nurnburg. Otherwise Ignashevich on a free is always good and you might be able to tempt Samba away from Blackburn Hate to admit it but he is fb.

I've heard Defour recommended as an attacking MC. For more defensive try and get one of Arsenal's on loan or Banega. If you can wait til the end of the season Motta and Kehl sometimes have their contract expiring so are available free.

Good luck and keep me posted on your progress! icon14.gif

Just a summary of transfers of summer transfer window in Season 2:

In

Thiago Motta (Free)

Tranquillo Barnetta (Free)

Mario Yepes (Free)

Christian Pander (Free)

Sebastian Kehl (Free)

Toni Kroos (£1m)

Dean Bouzanis (£900k)

David Bentley (£5.5m)

Belletti (£2.5m)

Charles-Andre Doudin (£275k)

Rafael Sobis (£5m upfront + £12.5m over 18 mths)

Kamil Contofalsky (£1.8m)

Chris Samba (£4.5m)

Fabio Santacroce (£3m)

Roque Santa Cruz (£5m)

Dusko Tosic (£2.5m)

Out

Stelios, Gardner, Campo, Walker, youth players (Free)

Gabriel Torje (£4m)

Joey O'Brien (£5.5m)

Ricardo Vaz Te (£2.5m upfront £4m over 12 mths)

Ali Al-Habsi (£1.4m)

Dzemaili, Doudin, Bouzanis etc (Loan)

Still trying to offload Helguson, O'Brien, Andranik, McCann and Samuel. My first team now looks like this:

GK: Jaaskelainen/Contofalsky

DR: Belletti/Hunt

DL: Pander/Tosic

DC: Samba/Meite

DC: Spiranovic/Santacroce/Yepes

DM: Kehl/Motta/Asatiani

MR: Bentley/Barnetta

ML: Diouf/Aaritalo

AMC: Nolan/Iversen

AMC: Sobis/Lulinha/Kroos

FC: Anelka/Santa Cruz

Had a bit of a lean patch recently, dropping me from 2nd and 7th in the league.

Wolves 2-1 Bolton

Bolton 0-1 Galatasaray

Bolton 0-0 Watford

Bolton 2-3 Blackburn

Newcastle 2-0 Bolton

Come out of it now, getting better results against some of the top teams:

Bolton 2-2 Arsenal- Santa Cruz, Nolan(p)

Liverpool 1-1 Bolton- Anelka

And to crown off the turn around I went one better than Bolton irl:

Bayern Munich 2-3 Bolton- Samba, Diouf, Belletti

Belletti goal made me laugh: we had a free kick on the halfway line, he lumped it to the near post and inxpicably, with no-one anywhere near him, the Bayern goalkeeper (Ochoa) came running out and the ball flew in for the winning goal!

Some good players are becoming available on pre-contracts and I'm looking at getting Jorge Valdivia and Michael Mancienne amongst others. I'm also getting young Colombian strikers (Lindado and Nazarith) and also Benoit Costil cheaply.

Another thing I don't understand: when I was about to sign Samba from Blackburn, the fans were in uproar at signing someone from a rival, but when I signed Bentley hey were loving it. Why? They're both excellent players who have been playing regularly and playing well! Anyone got any ideas why?

PS. Great win irl today, lets just hope Megson keeps Helguson or sosmeone up front to give Davies some support. I also though the defence was excellent.

PPS. Come on Wanderers fans out there: in the immortal words of Delia Smith: "Let's be havin you"! icon_wink.gif

I feel like I'm talking to myself on his thread! What a loser. icon_wink.gif

Heres who I signed in Jan season 2:

In

Riku Riski- Free

Jukka Lehvotaara- Free

Jorge Valdivia- Free

Benoit Costil- £650k

Jimmy Briand- Loan

Sergio Aguero- £32.5 million

John Obi Mikel- £4 million

Salomon Kalou- £2.5 million

Cesar Lindado- Free

Cristian Nazarith- Free

Out

Nicolas Anelka- £35 million (board accepted)

JLloyd Samuel- £1.2 million

Lubomir Michalik- £2 million

Obadeyi, Doudin- Loan

Came second that season which I was really pleased with. The league was really tight but Arsenal self destructed and Tottenham and Everton's form dropped which meant I only needed a draw against Derby on the final day and I won 2-0 (Aguero, Briand). Chelsea walked the league tho, they won by 9 points. In the UEFA cup I got to the quarter finals but go knocked out by Barcelona 1-3 (no shame in that) and Barcelona eventually went on to win it.

Heres who I bought Season 3 so far:

In

Diego Lugano- Free

Artur Boruc- Free

Thiago (Barcelona)- Free

Sergio Mota- £2.6 million

Valon Behrami- £12.5 million

Fred- £15.75 million

Aleksandar Kolarov- £5.25 million

Out

Daniel Braaten- £2.4 million

Andy O'Brien- Free

Kamil Contofalsky- £1 million

Obadeyi, Lindado, Harsnayi, Doudin, Kroos, Nazarith, Riski, Thiago, Lehvotaara- Loan

Stefan Iversen- £400k

Mario Yepes- £150k

Gavin McCann- £800k

Thiago Motta- £2.5 million

Belletti- £1.5 million

Dusko Tosic- £3 million

Kevin Davies- £650k

Heidar Helguson- £400k

Tranquillo Barnetta- £6 million

Currently starting line up is:

GK: Jaaskelainen/Costil

DR: Behrami/Hunt

DL: Pander/Kolarov

DC: Lugano/Spiranovic

DM: Mikel/Kehl

MR: Benley/Valdivia

ML: Diouf/Aaritalo/S Mota

AMC: Aguero/Kalou

AMC: Sobis/Nolan/Lulinha

FC: Fred/Santa Cruz

If anyone's out there, your thoughts and questions are much appreciated!

Keep the posts coming. I might not post but I am reading them!

I am in March of my first season

Team is:

Jussi

Hunt

Ignasheyvich (mis spelt I think)/Meite

Breno(AMAZING)

Gardner

Boateng(Derek)/Guthrie/Campo

Andranik/McCann

Nolan

Diouf

Aaratilo(Mis spelt)

Anelka

Anelka wants to go. I got Vagner Love with 7m compensation but couldnt afford it.

Should I sell a poor performing and sulking Anelka for £20m, get Love and a couple of other players?

I have also signed for the summer:

Lulinha

Makalele

Enyeama

A Brazilian left back for free from Germany - cant remember his name - Gilberto!?

I have signed lots of other youngsters but none are getting in the first team.

I got Stancu but think he needs a really good run.

I went 5th and was on fire but now(in March) I am 13th

Semi of Eufa v Stuttgart

QF of Fa Cup (knocked out by Man Utd)

I can still get in Europe but it is unlikely.

How much dosh will I be given at the end of the season????

I need a good and pacy CB, a footballing CM, a Striker or two and a right AM. Diouf is really poor for me!

Recomendations, thoughts and ideas would all be much appreciated!

Cheers mate! I would expect you to get around £6 million in the summer if you stay where you are i the league etc. What formation are you using btw?

Firstly, I would sell Anelka for that much if hes not peforming well for you. Love would do well, also look at Briand for about £11 million: he's a machine. Also heard Zarate and Kezman mentioned on this thread although I've not tried them. Defoe is usually transfer listed by the end of the season so he may be cheap.

Lulinha is fb for me: he has a PA of 190 and Arsenal and Chelsea have enquired about him, so good buy there. Makelele is very experienced, so he should shore up the team and he'd also be good to tutor younger players. Enyeama is always solid and Bolton always need a better backup than Al-Habsi imo. Is Gardner leaving on a free in the summer like he did with me? Gilberto would be good, and also try Christian Pander, usually free as well. Have you persuaded Jussi to stay, cos you should as your not going to get many better tbh.

Your right Breno is fantastic, quite quick iirc as well but Ignashevich is getting old I suppose so you could try and get Branko Ilic from Betis if he'll come or Sonko from Reading. There's always Matthew Spiranovic who has been solid for me.

Look who got relegated and see if you can nab some of their players cheaply. If Blackburn got relegated try for Samba, Bentley, Nelsen, Derbyshire and Santa Cruz.

Bolton need a footballing CM irl as well and Lulinha certainly develops into one in the long term. For the short term tho you could try Steven Defour, Riquelme or Luis Jimenez. Ricardinho is a bit of a gamble cos he's getting old and can be temperemental but he's worth a look. Lucas Biglia and Claudio Malonado are also possiblities.

As for AMR, Bentley is good like I said before, and Aaritalo can play there if needed. Otherwise, Santana, Burke, Arshavin have good stats. It's a long shot but see if you can get Gasbarroni on a free cos he looks amazing.

Good luck! icon14.gif

Add some signings to my team, mainly young ones:

In

Fabrice Muamba- £2.5 million

Michele Rigione- £1.4 million

Shaleum Logan- £1.5 million

Ever Guzman- £1.5 million

Jose San Roman- £85k

Jose Luis Ferrer (regen)- Free

Out

Andranik- £2.5 million

James Sinclair- £160k

The rest of my reserves- Loan

That's the summer window over.

Only played 9 games of season 3 so far. Won 5, drawn 3, lost 1. Steady start, capped with an amazing 7-1 win over Liverpool. Aguero (6), Sobis (5) and Samba (4) are my top scorers so far. Scoring loads from corners and Meite's chipped in with a few as well as Samba. Apart from these Jaaskelainen (Avg rating 7.65) and Mikel (6 assists) have been the stars.

Originally posted by jonnysquires:

WANDERERS TILL I DIE!!!!!!

n e way...i have won a cuple of fa cups, uefa cups and league cups with bolton on fm08 and 07 and premiership ONCE on fm07...it is possible! btw bolton will not go down this season, not under GINGER MORINHO

Nice one! icon14.gif The Prem is my ultimate goal obviously. I also think we won't go down as long as Megson gets Davies enough support.

Just bought my ticket for the Madrid game! That's exciting!

ANyway, to the game:

End of season I got rid of Samuel and Braaten...all others are getting no interest and rotting in the reserves.

I brought in

Gilberto at LB

Lulinha

Makelele

A winger from Valencia on loan - his stats are awesome

I got £15m at end of season but only bought tow players -

Ponzio - MC

Ratinho - RB

Both for £8m

I NEED a CB and had one tied up but then ran out of money - i got carried away and only ended up with two players!

Oops

So, just playing friendlies at beggining of second season and squad is:

GK - Jussi(resigned) Enyeama

LB - Gardner(resigned) & Gilberto

RB - Hunt & Ratinho

CB - Ignashevic, Michalik, Breno, Meite

DMC - Makalele, Campo, Mccann & Obrien

MC - Nolan, Lulinha, Ponzio, Boateng, Andranik, Dzemali(will give a chance now and then)

AMR - Valencia man & Diouf

AML - Vaz Te & Aaritalo

ST - Anelka, Davies & Stancu

Got some good youngsters too inc Doudin

Need a CB and then I would say I simply need to buy TOP players to replace the good.

Formation depends on home or away and strength of oppoistion. So the midfield varies between

1 DMC & 2 MC

2 DMC & 1 MC

2 MC & 1 AMC

4 at the back

two wingers and Anelka up front

I think I can challenge for top 5 this year. Fingers crossed!

Problem is I will need to sell if I want to buy!

I've used two formations throughout my Bolton career, one as a sort of foundation cos it's very solid defensively (by DirtyJoe btw) and then I started with "the winning tactic" cos it was brilliant for my Valencia game and cos I'd got better players and therefore developed a more attacking style. I could send you the first one via e-mail if you want and as for the second one it's the one with loads of pages in the tactics forum.

As for your team Makelele is very experienced and solid but he's old and will get tired quickly, so you may have to rely on some of your "weaker" DMs such as McCann and Campo to step up. Ponzio can play there iirc so there's a last resort. DM is the first place I would look to improve tho.

Who is this winger? Arizmendi? If so he's fb. Had him as first choice for a while after I sold Joaquin and he got his fair share of goals. I would play Diouf or Aaritalo ahead of Vaz Te, although maybe I'm just discounting him cos he's crap irl. Can he stand up in your game? icon_wink.gif

As for selling, try and get rid of McCann and Andranik if you can, and maybe Michalik if you get another CB. Campo will retire or leave on a free soon so if you can try and get anyhing at all for him.

You've got 3 excellent CB s in Ignashevich, Breno and Meite, and Michalik is okay at he backup job so I don't think you need another one tbh. If you insist tho you could look at Spiranovic, as previously mentioned. Who got relegated btw? Cos you might be able to pick up a decent DC cheaply eg. Nelsen and Samba (Blackburn) or Distin (Pompey).

Coming into the last 10 games of the season I have a chance of the title but Man Utd are 7 points ahead so I may have to settle for second (if I can hang onto it). Arsenal and Newcastle are both breathing down my neck, being 2 points behind.

Will post notable player stats etc when the season is over.

League Cup: Knocked out in semis by Arsenal 3-1 on aggregate

FA Cup: Coming up to a 7th round replay with Everton.

Chumpions League: Doing fb. In quarters against AC Milan!

Played mostly fringe and young developing players in FA and League Cup so pretty pleased with how I've done in them.

Signed some impressive regens including a 189 PA striker from Anguilla! icon_eek.gif

Some brill future transfers as well:

Aaron

Akinfeev

Balotelli

Ben Arfa

Bovo (cos he's versatile)

I'm gonna have a selection crisis on my hands!

No probs! I may as well update my game.

Just finished the season as the bridesmaid again, second to Man Utd this time by 6 points.

Top scorers: Sobis (24), Aguero (20), Lulinha (14)

Assists: Aguero (23), Diouf (16), Mikel (15)

Avg Rating: Lulinha (7.79), Aguero (7.67), Sobis (7.65), Samba (7.59)

Despite not winning the league I am really happy wih the season and I also got to the quarters of the Champions League (lost to Milan). Next year I'll really push hard for the title with my new signing so far:

Igor Akinfeev (£9.5 million)

Cesare Bovo (Free)

Hatem Ben Arfa (Free

Mario Balotelli (Free)

3 Regens (approx £1 million each)

Aaron (Free)

Rafael van der Vaart (Free)

Cristian Zapata (£12.25 million)

Steven Thicot (£3 million)

I've sold Logan and Santacroce for tidy profits, leaving me with £29 million left in the transfer budget.

I'll post my squad tomorrow but it's too big imo so a clearout is in order.

Lastly, good luck dexta with your Wanderers game. icon_smile.gif

oh yeah you guys are playing madrid arent you. they are my spanish side. saw them play osasuna when i went over there last october. got to see Vela, Aguero and Raul Garcia amongst others but Vela was a special site icon_biggrin.gif getting to see him way before most arsenal fans. was cool

right may be taking bolton into debt lol....

but here we go first 2 weeks of season signings..

Diego Capel -Loan

Justin Hoyte - Loan

Adrien 300k

Matt Hill - 500k

Charles-Andre Doudin 275k

Rene Mihelic - 275k

Sergey Ignashevich - Free

Mohamed kallon - Free

Distel Zola - 160k

Preston Edwards - 50k

Aquino - 30k

Carlos Saez - 95k

Loic Abenzoar - 190k

Matias Cahais - 140k (oh my god he got a work permit!!)

Nacer Barazite - 170k

Diego Buonanotte - 95k

Eros Corradini - 25k

then also for free (plus percentage of next sales:

Thiago (Barcelona somehow!)

Anduele Pryor

Max Noble

Damien Le Tallec

Esmir Sabic

Lauri Dalla Valle

Vincent Acapandie

Georginio Wijnaldum

Miralem Pjanic

Liviu Ganea

Niklas Barkroth

Matias Campos

Emilio Nsue

Frederic Duplus

Then coming when contract runs out or turn 18

Maximiliano Oliva

Waldo Ponce

Cristian Nazarith

Bikir Bjarnason

Bruno Formigoni

Helder Barbosa

Rafael Forster

Ryan Bertrand

Slightly regretting buying all these players now. but they can all be sold!

over my wage budget by 70k!!!

but i am yet to sell anyone which will bring that down

just building a young team at the moment, feel

as though i have done something a bit stupid haha

hmm we will see though.

still not managed to flog anyone

Sorry for the delayed reply: I need my beauty sleep! icon_wink.gif

Yeah, I play with 8.0.1. I think to get more budget you need to adjust them at the start: go to Board Room and in the bottom left corner there should be a button that saya "budget adjustment" or something like that. Probably too late for you now tho.

Yep, At Mad on Thursday at home: I'm very excited. They may not know how to deal with long balls that we play so we might just get something at home, that's how we managed to draw against Bayern Munich in the groups.

That's a lot of signings, no wonder you're over budget! Tho I suppose you can sell them for profit later on. Some selling is definitely in order, checking who you're paying the highest wages to and see who you can sell. Anelka and Diouf will be on the highest I assume, but I wouldn't sell Anelka unless you get offered about £20 million cos I sold him 3rd season for £35 million. Might be able to sell Dioufy for about £9 million, maybe slightly less but before you do make sure you're happy with the cover players on both wings cos Diouf plays equally well on both. I suppose Campo will be on fairly high wages too, and he doesn't do much tbh so flog him if you can.

What formation are you thinking of mate?

I have a similar problem to you, dexta: my squads too big. Who do you reckon I should try to get rid of?

boltonsquadseason4lz2.jpg

And here's my reserves.

boltonreservesseason4py2.jpg

Btw Ferrer, Lovegrove, Petriashvili, Buscher, di Gennaro, Rhodes and Garmendia are all regens that I don't want to get rid of yet.

update:

sold Andranik for 2.9million and Al-Habsi for 1mill

now got my wages to 14k over budget so not too bad now! but thats with the 3.9million going towards wages.

yeah i went ot budget adjustment could have got another 1.4million but didnt because i would have only have 2k wages to play with.

im playing with a 4-1-2-1-2

with DMC and AMC its my favourite tactic and has worked well with every team i have been. its the west ham v6 tactic off the forum..

at the minute im sitting 12th after 6games

winning 2 ( 3-1 against portsmouth and 2-0 against Derby)

Drawning against fulham

and losing to Liverpool, Arsenal and unluckly Reading

won my first leg match in uefa cup 1st round, and got united for the next 2 games both away in league and league cup.

so toughy!!

you have an awesome team. have you won the premiership. sorry i went through the thread quickly last night and couldn't remember and reading it again would waste valuable playing time :p

outs from your team:

Valdivia - getting on and not overly amazing

Diouf = not keen on original player unless they are outstanding

Muamba - Good but you have better in Kehl and Mikel

Nicky Hunt and Meite - you have better and could bring in another centre back ie Felipe?

from my past experience i would get rid of sergio mota only ever been a bit part player

and Santa Cruz you have better aswell.

maybe nolan?

depends how much of the original team you want to keep?

as for your reserves. just think about how many will you play.

i guess you have Asatiani listed? i would sell doudin he wont make it unless you play him no stop.

rest are cool just sell if a good enough offer comes your way.

hopefully helps a little

Thanks. Not started the new season yet but won all my friendlies including a fb 3-0 home win against Barca. I mainly used my friendlies to look at the players I might want to sell. Asatiani went for £2.5 million to Racing and all my reserves are on loan at Elche. I've transfer listed Valdivia, Spiranovic (rather than Meite cos I would like to keep as much of the original side as possible and I like him irl anyway), Santa Cruz (as you suggested) Aaritalo (not Diouf for the same reason as Meite) and Kehl (as my assistant says Muamba is better and he's getting a bit old). I'm also looking to sell Bouc and Lehvotaara cos I think I have too many goalies!

I think I'll keep Hunt cos he's good backup and he's from the original squad. Same goes for Nolan, although I may sell him cos I'm not his biggest fan irl. Mota performed very well in pre-season so I'll keep him. Thanks for the suggestions tho.

This is my preferred first choice XI:

GK: Akinfeev/Jussi

DR: Behrami/Hunt

DL: Pander/Kolarov

DC: Zapata/Lugano

DM: Mikel/Muamba

MR: Bentley/Diouf/Walcott

ML: Kalou/S Mota/Ben Arfa

AMC: van der Vaart/Nolan

AMC: Lulinha/R Sobis

FC: Aguero/Fred/Balotelli

You got two good sales with getting that much for Andranik and Al-Habsi cos they end up rotting in the reserves and being old for peanuts for me. A solid start cos you've had some tough games. Really unlucky drawing United in the cup, you'll do well to stay in it I'm afraid!

ah ok, just aslong as its not usual to finish high lol. because dont think i will. got my 2nd leg of uefa cup now, i guess this will be a big factor for next season how far i get in this competition. went i was blackburn i won it and they gave me around 50million second season!!

let me know how you get on. interesting to have someone on the same game but a couple of years ahead to kinda show me how it canbe done. never ever been bolton on any cm or fm game so new challenge. enjoying it so far!

You should be able to get out of that group okay, but Panathonaikos and Besiktas aren't bad. The media always seem to say it's a tough group anyway. As for me, I've just won my first trophy: the Community Shield against United 2-0(Aguero, Sobis) and hopefully that won't be the last trophy I win this season!

ah good man! cant stand united with rooney and tevez!

is sobis good on this one? he was amazing 2 seasons ago when he was still at internacional and not so good on last one but pretty amazing but nothing too special.

hows he been for you compared to the likes of aguero?

Well, I play with one upfront and two AMCs so I rotate both Aguero and Sobis between AMC and FC. Sobis I got for £9 million and £8.25 over 18 months in January of season 2 and he was my top scorer in season 3 after Anelka left so yes he is a very useful player to have around. Not the best striker in the game but gets important goals, even at AMC. I bought Aguero with the money from the Anelka sale and he is excellent as everyone says but he is expensive so out of range until about season 3 if you do like me. Sobis is excellent for a team like Bolton tho, and not as expensive. Also decent when you get up to about season 3/4 is Ever Guzman from Morelia, got 7 in 7 games for me last season and a bargain cos he only cost me £1.5 million, you might have problems getting a work permit tho.

yeah guzman is cool, i just terminated guthrie, capel, hoyte and alonso's loan deals so my wages are fine now! just got a draw with besiktas 3-3 anelka is scoring plenty. shame he cant do that for us in real life today he was useless but then again so was the rest of the team

Just had a mad last week of the summer transfer window. Check this out:

IN

Carlos Vela (£30 million)- unsettled, so I got a fairly good price

Marek Hamsik (£6.75 million)- last minute replacement as backup DM: looks good tho.

OUT

Santa Cruz (£5.5 million)

Aaritalo (£4.5 million)

Sobis (£28 million)- Argh! You jinxed it Dexta! Chairman accepted Juventus' bid: I was so annoyed!

Valdivia (£5.75 million)

Spiranovic (£4.5 million)

Fred (£20.5 million)

Bentley (£12 million

Muamba (£9.5 million)

So overall (apart from Sobis) I'm pleased with my transfers, got good price for my sales and my squad is now a more manageable size.

Won all three games since I posted last and sit second behind Arsenal, tho I'm yet to play one of the "big 4".

Just been drawn with Barcelona, Olympiakos and Shakhtar in my Champions League group and guess what the media said... yep "Bolton handed tough group" as always. Strangely, they see Olympiakos as the danger team but I would see them as the worst team in the group. Expecting to go through anyway.

ah sorry about sobis still though good price.

done a few good deals there!

and vela in for only 30!! and hamsik is a rock!

nice one!

yeah you should be ok, second place finish. i just been out got in and jus drew with west ham, currently 8th after 12 games very average won 4 drawn 4 lost 4 lol

Archived