805 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version Do You THink Is Best

• Version 1
    • Version 2
    • Version 3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does not work with my average League 2 squad.

ok i have made a list at the top of the page listing what attributes i think are needed, i hope your not testing during holiday mode either cos i won't work this way and will not give a great account of the tactic

ok i have made a list at the top of the page listing what attributes i think are needed, i hope your not testing during holiday mode either cos i won't work this way and will not give a great account of the tactic

i'm currently working on making it more attacking as i think i have the possesion sorted and the defensive side

Hi there. The only domination using this tactic was from my opponents. Playing as FC Bayern:

P8 W5 D1 L2. F16 A13. Just 1 clean sheet kept.

Doesn't sound that bad but 2 of 5 wins were against a lower division side in the league cup and the other against rubin in the champions league. I conceeded 5 away at hoffenheim (they were 17th) and 3 away at mainz (15th). Losing 13 goals in 8 games is shocking for the best team in the league. I'd try the tactic for longer but i'd end up with the sack...

Hi there. The only domination using this tactic was from my opponents. Playing as FC Bayern:

P8 W5 D1 L2. F16 A13. Just 1 clean sheet kept.

Doesn't sound that bad but 2 of 5 wins were against a lower division side in the league cup and the other against rubin in the champions league. I conceeded 5 away at hoffenheim (they were 17th) and 3 away at mainz (15th). Losing 13 goals in 8 games is shocking for the best team in the league. I'd try the tactic for longer but i'd end up with the sack...

thanks for your feedback, i do realise that it is shaky in defence and i'm trying to sort it out but everything i try either makes it harder or not attacking

Just a quick update regarding this tactic, my team appear to be settling into it now after a few excessive draws initially.

Current league table:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9731/leaguetable2009.jpg

My squad (nothing great, just makes me wonder, when you have players to suit - this will be awesome!)

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5931/squad2009.jpg

Fixture list so far with possession tactic :

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4585/fixturesposstactic.jpg

My best performance so far was played just a few mins ago in the league cup final!

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1798/bestgamesofar.jpg

Just a quick update regarding this tactic, my team appear to be settling into it now after a few excessive draws initially.

Current league table:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9731/leaguetable2009.jpg

My squad (nothing great, just makes me wonder, when you have players to suit - this will be awesome!)

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5931/squad2009.jpg

Fixture list so far with possession tactic :

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4585/fixturesposstactic.jpg

My best performance so far was played just a few mins ago in the league cup final!

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1798/bestgamesofar.jpg

thanks jeff, i'm very glad that it is working for you, after the bad reports i have been trying to tweak it here and there to make it more defensive i think i have the balance right but i'm going to do a big test just to make sure

As i've already posted that i don't believe tactics should be tested in holiday mode as i feel that it don't give a true refection of how the tactic plays however i wanted to get through my season as soon as possible so i thought i would do it on the new tactic i am testing here are the results

th_ChelseaFixtures.jpg

th_ChelseaFixtures2.jpg

th_ChelseaFixtures3.jpg

th_chelseaburnley.jpg

these are my results for the season and i started on holiday mode after the second uniria game

the results aren't too bad i won the league and scored 95 goals concedeing only 29 i think that would have been better if i was managering myself

tested it twice as AS Roma against Inter Milan.

First time Inter went 1-0 up, had a player sent off and I scored making it 1-1 half time. Team then capitulated and I lost 3-1 against 10 men.

Second time Inter had a player sent off, then my team capitulated again, conceded 2 goals to go 2-0 down, before Inter had another sent off to go to 9 men, and still I couldn't score.

Seems like a nice tactic though, and I will definitely try it out again some time, hopefully with better success.

Nice mate, that is your 2nd version?

yeah that is my new tactic i'm gonna post the link shortly i wanna test it out abit more first though cos i don't want to have people complaining about it so i wanna do as much testing as possible

some more screen shots, when i came back off holiday i had one game left against arsenal in the F.A cup final here are the results

th_ChelseaArsenal.jpg

Final League Table

th_LeagueTablechelsea.jpg

One result vs burnley before i went onto holiday mode i know it's burnley but still impressive

th_chelseaburnley-1.jpg

I have to say...this tactic at first sight, looks extremely ridiculous. I have no idea how or why it works, but it obviously does work for a lot of people.

I'll give it a shot myself tomorrow. Your tactic could really help me improve my own current tactic. Cheers.

I have to say...this tactic at first sight, looks extremely ridiculous. I have no idea how or why it works, but it obviously does work for a lot of people.

I'll give it a shot myself tomorrow. Your tactic could really help me improve my own current tactic. Cheers.

ok kawee thanks for your comments, but i'd like to know why you think it is ridiculous if you don't mind elaberating?

ive been trying this tactic now for a few games with man utd and here are my results.

shakhtar H 0-0

AC Milan A lost 2-1

Boca H 3-3

Sau Paulo A 1-1

R Madrid A lost 3-1

Zenit H won 4-0

Lyon H lost 3-1

As you can see from the results its not been great so far. I was winning all my preseason games 5-0 and 6-0, against worse teams i know but still..

My team is

GK - Adler

RB - Brown

LB - Evra

CB - Ferdinand + Vidic

DMC - De Rossi

MC - Hamsik

AMR - Valencia

AML - Vucinic

ST - Rooney + Berbatov

ive been trying this tactic now for a few games with man utd and here are my results.

shakhtar H 0-0

AC Milan A lost 2-1

Boca H 3-3

Sau Paulo A 1-1

R Madrid A lost 3-1

Zenit H won 4-0

Lyon H lost 3-1

As you can see from the results its not been great so far. I was winning all my preseason games 5-0 and 6-0, against worse teams i know but still..

My team is

GK - Adler

RB - Brown

LB - Evra

CB - Ferdinand + Vidic

DMC - De Rossi

MC - Hamsik

AMR - Valencia

AML - Vucinic

ST - Rooney + Berbatov

shakhtar H 0-0

AC Milan A lost 2-1

Boca H 3-3

Sau Paulo A 1-1

R Madrid A lost 3-1

Zenit H won 4-0

Lyon H lost 3-1

My team is

GK - Adler

RB - Brown

LB - Evra

CB - Ferdinand + Vidic

DMC - De Rossi

MC - Hamsik

AMR - Valencia

AML - Vucinic

ST - Rooney + Berbatov

You have a much better team than I do mate and I've done amazingly well in my first season, will post screenshots of my progress so far :thup:

I could not be happier with your 1st release mate, in my opinion it will take some genius work to improve upon it :):)

You have a much better team than I do mate and I've done amazingly well in my first season, will post screenshots of my progress so far :thup:

I could not be happier with your 1st release mate, in my opinion it will take some genius work to improve upon it :):)

thanks very much jeff your comments are greatly appreciated

@FFFJeff. I am playing in a super league though so this could be why its not working. Ive just changed back to my original 4-1-2-1-2 formation to see if this fixes the problem. If it does then im affraid this tactic just isnt working for me. I'll keep you posted

Edit.

First game using my normal tactic and a good 1-1 draw at home to top of the league Inter Milan I had Adler, Brown, Evra, Ferdinand and Rooney out injured and my stand in centre back criscito got injured during the game so not a bad result with a 2nd string back 5.

ok kawee thanks for your comments, but i'd like to know why you think it is ridiculous if you don't mind elaberating?

I mean no offense. The reason why I said at first sight it looks absolutely ridiculous is because it goes against everything everyone has said about how to play the game successfully.

We were told, were we not, that if we want to break team down, especially as one of the better team against a lower side, that we should play:

- Wide: to stretch the defense

- some Roaming: to also stretch defense and keep things unpredictable

- high CF for our attacking players: They're the World-Class players so they should be allowed to do what they think is right, and keep things unpredictable

The slow tempo & short passing combo I can understand because that's the best way to play possession football. However, the three things I listed above is the opposite of what you've done.

That's why I said it looks ridiculous. But it works. I know it works because others have used it and it works, and I've tried it and it works, amazingly enough. I just don't know how or why it works.

So congratulations on creating such a good solid tactic :thup:

I won't be using your tactic simply because I prefer working out my own one, but yours definitely sparked some ideas on how to improve my own, so thank you.

And this tactic definitely shows another beautiful side of FM (or not, depending on how you look at it.) Just when you thought you knew what should be done, someone goes and surprise you just like that. :D

I mean no offense. The reason why I said at first sight it looks absolutely ridiculous is because it goes against everything everyone has said about how to play the game successfully.

We were told, were we not, that if we want to break team down, especially as one of the better team against a lower side, that we should play:

- Wide: to stretch the defense

- some Roaming: to also stretch defense and keep things unpredictable

- high CF for our attacking players: They're the World-Class players so they should be allowed to do what they think is right, and keep things unpredictable

The slow tempo & short passing combo I can understand because that's the best way to play possession football. However, the three things I listed above is the opposite of what you've done.

That's why I said it looks ridiculous. But it works. I know it works because others have used it and it works, and I've tried it and it works, amazingly enough. I just don't know how or why it works.

So congratulations on creating such a good solid tactic :thup:

I won't be using your tactic simply because I prefer working out my own one, but yours definitely sparked some ideas on how to improve my own, so thank you.

And this tactic definitely shows another beautiful side of FM (or not, depending on how you look at it.) Just when you thought you knew what should be done, someone goes and surprise you just like that. :D

top notch reponse thankyou very much for your ideas, i'm working on a new tactic that is abit more 'normal' i'll post on here when it's done

Needs at least a dozen games, maybe more before your team gels. It is a fantastic tactic but I've tested over a season and a half now :)

well after people have been saying it's not working with man utd i'm starting a new game with themin ricardo's superleague to see if i can help abit with it

Archived