Good tactic, make it better!

I made this tactic and it is good, but it could be even better with a bit help from you.

It is a 4-1-1-3-1 on the tactic screen, but plays as a 4-2-3-1.

The defense is still a bit leaky and needs improvement the most. [FIXED!]

The AMC (VdV) is playing OK, but also has room for improvement.

The ST (Klose/Toni) acts as the Targetman and is lethal.

The wingers (Ribery/Robben) are very important as they cut in a lot and create chances, they swap sides.

The MC (van Bommel) is supposed to link defense and attack, but I cant quite get it to work the way I imagine. [FIXED!]

The DMC (Tymo) is there to get the balls when defending and supply the MC and AMC.

Enough blabla. Here are some screens and the tactic. Please download it (updated) and leave some feedback/suggestions/tweaks.

Lineup

lineup.jpg

Stats

statsj.jpg

Team Instructions

teaminstructions.jpg

Wingers

wingers.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

UPDATE, BETTER DEFENSE

This is the 2nd tactic I've just read about that uses a support role on AML/AMR. Can you tell me why you chose that? Also what "role" are they set as (winger, inside fwd, etc)?

They are wingers. Robben and Ribery are very good, fast dribblers. Therefore I wanted them to participate in the attack as much as possible and cut in alot to support the lonely, rather slow striker.

I noticed that when on "Support" they tend to cut in a lot more.

Will try this tactic, I like the formation alot. Where can I find the 10.1 update, haven't seen it on the forum :s

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158962

Also I have updated the tactic, improving the defense by changing the faster defender to "Cover" and placing the DMC in front of the slower one.

updatep.jpg

Hi MFG,

I gave your tactic a go in the "holiday" testing environment. Started a game with three managers, one as Liverpool one as Ipswich and one as Hartlepool.

After a whole season (I didnt choose the best team and choose "use this team when available" which in hindsight I shoudl have done so i'm doing another liverpool to see) this is what happened:

Liverpool, finished 4th, however I was sacked in mid feb (as I said testing again with this one)

Ipswich, finished 10th which is more or less what was expected (cant remember the prediction position)

Hartlepool were predicted 22nd (relegation) and they finished 20th by 2 points. Again I think I should have picked the best team for the three teams and then gone on holiday.

how are you doing in your Bayern game? Have you used it with any other teams?

My main game is with Man Utd but want to get a decent tactic before starting my second season. I must have changed tactic about 15 times the first season, but still won the prem.

how are you doing in your Bayern game? Have you used it with any other teams?

My main game is with Man Utd but want to get a decent tactic before starting my second season. I must have changed tactic about 15 times the first season, but still won the prem.

My Bayern team is unbeaten for 20 games with this tactic and I am very happy with my attack. Toni & co are scoring about 2 goals per match, and i rarely concede. VdV either plays brilliantly or sucks completely, i have to get him to be more consistent.

I haven't tried it with any other teams. I created this tactic with my players in mind. You will need a good DMC, a MC with defensive qualities, a good AMC, 2 fast wingers that can play on both sides and a finisher up front.

Did you use the updated version? Did you disable the winger swap for teams with less versatile wingers?

I am not sure how this tactic would work for ManU. Even though Rooney is world class, you may have to sign a good targetman with high finishing (like luca toni, oscar cardozo) as well as another versatile winger or train Valencia as AML as well.

I am currently experimenting with higher creativity settings for the wingers. It would be interesting to know how that impacts a season.

I ran the holiday test again, which has just finished, using Liverpool and this time they won the premier league and the league cup, knocked out of the FA cup by Man City and Champs league by Sevilla. The sevilla home leg ended 0-0 but looking the stats Liverpool should have won easily.

Played 38, Won 25, Drew 9, Lost 4, For 86, Against 34, 84pts, champions

Torres scored 48 in 46 games!!! next higest scorer was lucas with 12! So i see what you mean about a quality target man.

Well Utd start with 100million to spend so buying david silva will be no issue. If i'd actually managed liverpool and bought some players I would imagine I would have done better.

I will actually play my Man Utd game now and see how it goes and report back.

Yeah I used the latest version of your tactic from this page and I didnt try disabling winger swap, so again that may have improved things further. I had Gerrard and Babel (r and l) when fit.

Played 38, Won 25, Drew 9, Lost 4, For 86, Against 34, 84pts, champions

Torres scored 48 in 46 games!!! next higest scorer was lucas with 12! So i see what you mean about a quality target man.

That's amazing. Let me know how your ManU save is going. I wish I could buy better players, Bayern has a transfer budget of 4mil Euro.

have you experimented much with long shots. One of the friendlies I just had gave me 3 shots on target from 35! Montolivio (AMC) had about 15 and one on target, his long shots are 13 admitedly so I took him from Often to Rarely and won the next game 5-0 (not great quality opposition yet though).

I have tried this tactic with Stoke and so far it seems like a good tactic for my team. Only lost one in the first 9-10 games incl league cup. That was away to Arsenal (1-5). We have beaten Chelsea and Everton at home. My wingers Lawrence and Etherington are doing very well and Tuncay has been impressive as the AMC. I've made no significant signings so it's pretty much the team as IRL.

Archived