Englisher Fussball Bund

Goldy

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

I nominate 'and Owen has gone down with no contact whatsoever from Pochettino, 5.9 for artistic merit, well done to Michael Owen, Olympic diving champion 2002, oh wait, Collina has for some reason given a penalty!' icon_wink.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

I'd better keep the rest of my opinions on Mr Owen to myself, otherwise I'll get banned icon_wink.gif

WBA build a new Ikea and Netto store <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Some of have a team to watchin the World Cup. Some of us don't icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif .

Anyway Collina was right on top of it and there was contact unless U nees new glasses icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Slight bit of contact and Owen goes down. Do you think Beckham told him to cheat to beat Argentina cause that was the only way they would win? Beckham did admit to it in the papers yesterday??? So what you won a game. icon_biggrin.gif

Mon the Nigeria!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

***** Official Update *****

Wolves 5-1 Millwall

Wolves 6-0 Man City

Wolves 2-0 Coventry

WBA 0-1 Dagenham

icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First 3 are shít, but that last one has a very nice look to it icon_biggrin.gif

talking of conference side.....Boston Utd are in the Semi Final of the Fa Cup with a slight chance of making the Final and a possible Uefa cup place icon_biggrin.gif

Ipswich,West Ham,Preston,Grimbsy have been victims of the Boston run. The Fa Cup Marathon run continues icon_biggrin.gif

Well Season 1 of EFB is complete, and it was a pretty good season for everyone.

Well short and sweet the update will be.

EFB Round Up:

Division1: Champions - Wolves (Steve) Once on top there was no way for the rest of catching him up.

Runner Up - WBA (Kris) Tried his best to cut the massive lead the leaders had build at the top, An experienced squad that deserve 2nd place

Coventry(Mark) and Man City (Vince) just lost out on the play off places this season but it came all down to the final game of the season. Both with good squads and deserved to be in the play offs.

Division2: CHampions - Swindon (Paul) Well a dodgy start they got it together and went top of the league where they stayed all season long.

Runner Up - Cardiff (Andy) After a dissapointing start to the campaign made up for it at the end, made the champions work very hard at the end as he was still in with a chance of winning the league on the last day.

Division3: Champions - Rushden (Dave) Well not a lot has to be said at all about it, ripped through every defence in the league and totally dominated the league from day 1 just as expected.

Conference: Champions - Boston (Steve) Well what can i say about my team, had quite a fantastic season, with Boston having nothing written in their history they can now proudly have Conference Champions as their 1st entry.

Vans Trophy: Unfortunatly no human team won it, though Rushden (Dave) & Cardiff (Andy) both got to the semi final of the southern section which could have seen them both play against each other in the southern final.

Fa Trophy: Winners - Boston (Steve) Well after league dominations and beating Dag & Red 7-1 on agg in the Semi final, Stevenage didnt have much chance and so Boston can enter their 2nd piece of history, Fa Trophy winners, completing a double.

League Cup: Winners - WBA (Kris) Well no shocks at all in this cup, WBA managed to sneak into the semi final and then went on to beat spurs 4-2 in the final and book himself a UEFA Cup place for the next season, congralutations.

Fa Cup: Runners Up - Boston (Steve) Majorly dissapointed that no one except little Boston did well in this cup, having qualified the likes of Ipswich,West Ham,Preston,Grimbsy and Wimbledon were victims of the Boston Marathon run, could of won it but the chances on goal couldnt be converted, however a well earned UEFA Cup place for Boston Utd conference champions.

Thats it guys, a nice short round up of what happened in season 1 concerning EFB

You're right, he is a monster icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

Good 1st season, everyone did well (Mark and Vince unlucky on missing out on the playoffs). KUTGW. icon_smile.gif With the (possible) return of Andrew K with Millwall next season, division 1 should be very interesting, with Paul and Andy being promoted.

Steve, after walking the conference, will be hoping to do the same in Division 3 after some impressive signings, and the same for Dave in Division 2, after Rushden píssed all over Div3.

As for me and Kristian in the prem, well both of us will be hoping for more than just surviving, with a top half finish the least I expect as my young team start to come of age. Same goes for Swed... West Brom I suppose icon_smile.gif

Ok about WBA, we too hope for a top half finnish, Intertoto would be nice. In europe we kind of dont even know what to hope for, if a good Uefa cup run means relegation battle at home, we´ll opt to go pretty early. New signings comming in are Eidur Godjohnsen from Chelsea and David Dunn from relegated Blackburn. Should be a good complemente to Mols, Kallstrom, Foe and Bart-Williams.

Boston Utd's Expectations For Season 2

A respectable league position is the boards expectations for Division3

Of course, dont expect anything less than winning the UEFA cup this season icon_biggrin.gif only kidding, i think i'll get knocked first game but it would be brilliant to stay in for a couple of rounds, would be good revenue money for the club and would boost their reputation across europe aswell as mine icon_smile.gif

Hoping for some good cup runs again like last season as they bring a lot of gate receipts and prize money in the later stages.

Latest update from the EFB camp after the weekends play

Season 2

Kristian, WBA, well after celebrating the opening of a chain Netto stores in the area he has done quite well in the top flight, currently lying in 5th looking to secure a european qualification place, the defending league cup champions have managed to sneak into the Semi final to face either West Ham or Man Utd, 3rd of the Fa Cup see's him play Cambridge, In the Uefa cup he has managed to beat the likes of Grasshoppers and Ajax to set himself a 4th round tie vs Chelsea.

Steve, Wolves, After a Portugese invasion and a very youthfull look at Moleneux its showing that their lack of experience is costing them big time in the top flight by managing a poor 19th place. The league cup didnt do them any favours after been defeated by Giant Killers Rushden managed by Dave. Hoping for some Fa Cup joy in which they face Bradford in the 3rd round.

Andy, Cardiff, Well its all joy in Wales, after getting into Div1, they have made a fantastic start, currently 3rd and hoping to snatch the automatic promotion place as its very close in the play offs. After mananging to squeeze past Bristol City in the league cup they went out to Vince's Man City in the 3rd Round, They face Sheff Utd in the Fa Cup 3rd Round.

Mark, Coventry, After missing out on promotion last season the Sky Blues look good again this season and are looking strong, level on points with Cardiff who have a superior goal difference, he'll also be looking try and get that 2nd automatic place as 1st place are miles ahead, Cheltenham and Bristol Rovers were beat in the league cup which then saw Coventry get hammered by liverpool in the 3rd round, Scunthorpe are the opponents in the 3rd round of the Fa Cup

Vince, Man City, Well after getting sacked early in the season due to last seasosn failure of promotion he has been reinstated again, Vince has "big plans" with his Man City side but were really yet to see any of them, he is also in the tense play off battle lying in 5th place, The league cup saw him get to the 4th round were West Ham beat him, he will face Aston Villa in the 3rd round of the Fa Cup

Dave,Rushden, Using the very deep pockets of the chairman the rushden squad has been even more improved to tackle Division2, once again cruising into 1st place and looking forward to div1, The league cup saw him get an amazing win vs top flight outfit Wolves, unfortunatly Chelsea beat him in the 3rd round, The Fa Cup Canvey Island were demolished before crashing out in a very tight game to 3rd Division Boston Utd. Cambridge Utd are the Vans Trophy opponents.

Paul, Reading, Having got Swindon promoted last season things were going ok in Div1 but very frustrating with the lack of funds the Chairmen gave him, so Paul decided its time for a new challenge and accept the job as Reading manager, currently 14th in Div2 but there is money to spend and plenty to work with at his new club and will be looking to improve the squad and head up next season.

Steve(Host), Boston Utd, After bringing in some pretty good talent things have gone quite well, like Rushden did before, Boston are topping the league with having only lost 1 game in 19,Baggio,Moller and Djorkaeff heading the attack. After a 9-1 agg score in the Uefa Cup 1st round, FC Koln were the opponents in the 2nd round, with a 4-4 agg score Boston went out on away goals rule, in the league cup 3rd round it was a repeat of last years Fa Cup with Arsenal winning again, The Fa Cup saw them demolish Northampton and squeezing past Rushden is a very tight game, Newcastle are the opponents in the 3rd round of the Giant Killers, After playing 6games in 12days the team had a crap performance in the Vans Trophy vs Tranmere and ended up losing due to a goal in the 90thminute.

EFB round up from Season 2 so far.

Predicitions: Season 2 will or there abouts be finished next weekend.

Good update again Steve.

Wolves will stay up this season (once my strikers learn to hit cow's arses with banjo's). Next season will be my year when my young team grow up. It hasnt been great so far for me this season (my holiday manager has been fired after ruining my good start, and the once-successful 2-7-1 formation has been ditched) but I'm confident of staying up.

Steve i think you will turn around Wolves and finish mid table then next season you mite do something in the premiership.

With Cardiff i am exceeding expectations i believe and am pushing hard for that second automatic promotion spot. I bought in a couple of good players in Stephen McPhee from Port Vale, David Klimek a bargain 300k for Fortuna and a swedish player whose name i cannot spell so i am not going to embarass myself by trying but he is a quality player but still on the lookout to bring some more quality into my squad to push for promotion into the big boys league. Cups as usual have not been good to me as Vince's Man City put me out at the 3rd round stage with my team down to ten men as Steve menrioned in the update. Overall everything is going well unlike last time with my Watford mob.

icon_biggrin.gif

EFB Sport Zeitung

Kandel Retires

Former Birmingham City manager Andrew Kandel (aka Texan) has decided to retire from EFB, in a private statement he said "I am going to bow out".

The reason for Kandel's exit was that "It was too hard to set away so much time on weekends".

EFB chairmen Gold told the press that "Kandel was a pleasure to work with". Gold also stated that "he (Kandel) was a very reliable and good player".

During his time at B'ham City, he got them promoted to the Premier league, won the Fa Cup and Uefa Cup, he also reached the quarter final of the Champions League.

In a later interview EFB Chairmen Gold said "It is a sad day when you lose a good player" which he followed up by saying that "There is always a space for him within the group"

EFB Sport Zeitung

Wolves Slump Continues .....

With only 9 games left of the season it doesnt look good for manager Riddell, having only won 6 games this season the future of top flight football at Molineux next season looks bleak, the Division 1 champions havnt showed any of football they played last season and have been very dissapointing. Although in a recent interview manager Riddell re-asured that his side will stay up this season despite poor form and needing at least 6pts to get out of the relegation zone.

Farwell Turns Reading Around

After a shock move which saw him leave Division 2 Champions Swindon for Reading manager Paul Farwell certainly has no regrets leaving The County Ground for The Madejiski Stadium. Rumours and speculation about Farwell having bust ups with the Swindon board about the clubs facility's and transfer kitty were ended on the 8th of August when he took over as Reading manager, then in 15th place.

Farwell was given the right resources by Chairmen John Madejski which he has used wisely by bringing in new players and coaches and repaid the Chairmen by getting Reading to 3rd place in the league and chasing automatic promotion. Having done such a fantastic job so far, Farwell will certainly be looking forward to his 2nd promotion from Division 2.

Boston Cruise To Division 3 Title

Last seasons Conference champions have done it again, they took Division 3 by storm and won by a country mile, with the season not even over Boston Utd literally walked all over Division3, the 34games unbeaten record since August 31st has helped them a lot to secure their 2nd league title in a row, Boston Utd fans were singing manager Stephen Gold's name in the street after securing the champion. Chairmen Pat Malkinson was said to be "very delighted" with securing the championship so early and hopes that "Stephen Gold will stay at the club for a very long time". Manager Stephen Gold was "thrilled" with his teams performance this season after only having lost 1 game so far and winning 34 with also 2 draws. Although very delighted with the title, manager Stephen Gold still stressed to the board that they need to give him more resources to bring in more talent like Youri Djorkaeff and Peter Moller to York Street, Gold will be hoping the board "sort themselves out" during pre season so he bring more top end players in and give Boston more success.

Rushden heading Up Up Up and Away

After a recent interview manager Dave Johnston is "over the moon" with his chairmen Max Griggs. With Rushden recently securing a play off place and looking to win their 2nd league title in a row, Chairmen Max Griggs has showed his appreciation to manager Johnston by giving him a massive 12million pound cash injection to help gear the club up for their First Division assault next season. Having won a staggering 29 games and only losing 3, Rushden have been more than one class above the rest of the teams in the league. Already planning ahead Johnston has brought players like Lovenkrands to spear head Division 1 and try and get another successfull promotion and bring Top Flight football to Nene Park. Rushden fans have been more than pleased with Johnston as local radion phone in's have just been full of praise. Chairmen Max Griggs has said "he hopes that Johnston stays with the club for a very long time" which was added with "appointing Johnston was the best decision ive ever made". Big names will be at Nene park sooner than later on their current form

EFB Sport Zeitung

WBA Cup Runs Continue.....

West Brom boss Kristian is said to be very delighted with his teams performance in all cup competitions, Koprivnik is very optimistic that WBA can secure their 2nd league cup title in a row but said "it wont be easy" as last years Premiership Champions and Fa Cup winners Arsenal are their opponents. Koprivnik has also been successfull in the Fa Cup where he has managed to book himself a semi final place. West Brom fans have been more than happy with domestic cup success and are absolutly delighted that their team has reached the Quarter Final of the Uefa cup which saw them get a 2-2 draw against Club Brugge in the 1st Leg.

Play-Off Battle Getting Hotter

Coventry, Cardiff and Man City are battling it out to secure themselve a play off place and try and gain promotion to the Top Flight. Sky Blues manager Brown said "its not easy to get promoted from this league", Coventry fans will be hoping that their team goes up after last seasons dissapointments. Man City manager Vermeer is also hoping that he get promoted as he has "big plans with City" and promotion would certainly be a big step towards them plans. Cardiff manager Hepburn was said to be very delighted with his team, he said "after gaining promotion last season we're well on course for another promotion".

Cardiff Chairmen Sam Hammam said "he is more than delighted with Hepburn, he has done a fantastic job so far at the club". The play off battle is getting very hot with only 9games left of the season.

Em... Wolves relegated icon_frown.gif

Suppose that means I get to píss all over Division 1 again icon_wink.gif

*tries not to be as cocky this season after what happened last time* icon_redface.gif

In other news, WBA fluked ( icon_wink.gif) a cup double and finished in the top half of the Prem, despite a not-at-all suspicious 0-3 shock defeat at home to Wolves icon_razz.gif

YEp Season 2 is now finished and the update is coming up aswell of what happened in the closing stages of season 2.

There are some new screenshots, Manager Profiles so you can see all of our records.

If your wondering why vince hasnt played as many matches as the rest is because he was sacked once and was added in as a new player.

Manager Reps are also up icon_smile.gif

EFB Sport Zeitung

Rushden Success Continues

Rushden have finally become Division 2 champions, after securing their play off place not too long it was a matter of time before they also secured the championship. Chairmen Griggs said "Its another great financial year for Rushden with the success the manager has had so far". Manager Johnston will be now be hoping that top flight football will not be too far away for the club after reaching this stage in successive promotions. Fans were filling the clubs messege board with lots of praise for Johnston and hope he remains as manager for a very long time.

Farwell Does It Again

After turning Reading around and taking them to 5th place and securing a vital play off place, manager Paul Farwell has done it again, its his 2nd successive promotion from Division 2 taking Swindon to the title last season. Farwell said "it wasnt easy but we got it together and gave it our all in the play-offs and its paid off". Manager Madejski was more than delighted with Farwell's performance and said "Since he's come in he has done a fantastic job, promotion to division 1 was a suprise as I didnt think it was possible this season" The Reading fans were singing Farwell's name through the streets and Radio Phone Ins were full of praise for the Reading manager.

Play Off Thriller See's City Go Up

Vermeer's Man City finally managed to get promoted to the top flight, after a 2-1 win against rivals Coventry managed by Brown. Vermeer said "it was a tough game" but he was very delighted with it. Its another season in Division 1 for manager Brown who said "its dissapointing to miss out on promotion again especially with the players we got at the club already". Its the 2nd time the Sky Blues have missed out on top flight football and competition is getting harder as the season go by. Cardiff lost to Man City in the play off semi final and manager Hepburn said "It was unlucky for Cardiff". Chairmen Hammam said "it was unlucky but hopefully we'll get promoted soon but its not easy as there are so many good teams". The promotion battle should be even tighter next season with Rushden and Reading adding to the competition.

Wolves Go Down

Just as they got their top flight football they screwed up and got relegated back down to Division 1. A very dissapointing season by Wolves who were expected to do a lot better in the premiership. Manager Riddell said "Its a very young side and its a lack of experience which probably cost us". Chairmen Jack Hayward stated "The fans wanted top flight football and they got, im very sure Riddell will bring it back to them very quickly". Wolves fans were very sad that the club got relegated and one fan even said "its a joke,we did so well last season and then they screw it up like this" but there were some optimistic with one saying "they are a young side, we've got promoted once from Division 1 and we can easily do it again". It certainly wont be easy for Wolves as there are a lot of good teams that could also win the league.

EFB Sport Zeitung

Double Cup Delight

WBA fans were thrilled and excited as manager Koprivnik won the league cup for the 2nd time in a row and also added the FA Cup to the WBA trophy cabinet. Koprivnik said "Its what the club and the fans deserved". Chairmen Paul Thompson said "Kristian has been a very good manager, he's brought a lot of players in and has repaid us by winning trophy's". WBA also qualified for the Uefa Cup for the 2nd season running and manager Koprivnik will be aiming to get further than the Quarter Final this time round as he said "Were in europe again, this time round we will have more experience and be aiming to go even further". Fans were delighted with the managers comments and hope the success continues for a long time.

Cardiff's play off chances were dealt a huge blow beforehand as manager Hepburn was admitted into a rehab clinic for drugs and alcoholic abuse as his team put him through a torrid time that Hepburn just could not handle the pressure week in week out and his problems were getting worse by the day. So it was up to his assistant manager to try to take Cardiff to the premiership for the first time. With silly team selections his beloved Cardiff were dumped out of the play offs by Man City whom Cardiff had beaten during the season itself. Hepburn watched from his bed and was seen causing massive damage to the clinic due to his assistant's quite frankly ****e preformance.

But Hepburn is back and better than before and ready to mount a serious championship challenge to take his team to the top of english football. There have been rumours of many top class signings joining Cardiff during the close season but none confirmed.

Hepburn was quoted as saying, " Cardiff deserve to be in the top flight in England and the fans expect it from the team that I have built. It also means the fans cause smash up Old Trafford, Anfield and Highbury aswell as beat the living crap out of their fans as well so that should be what we are aiming for in the coming season".

So promotion is what Hepburn is calling for and what the fans are calling for as well.

In shock news Cardiff City assistant manager has been hung, drawn and quartered for his appauling stint as manager while Hepburn was away. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> one fan even said "its a joke <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sums up my season pretty well, I think my 18 game run without a win kinda screwed me.

Idea for this thread...

Since this thread seems to be a little bit dead (not as good as the old game's thread?) maybe it'd be an idea if each player posted their version of how they did after the weekend's games, such as what Andy did a couple of posts up, or what the Scottish Clan do if you read their thread. Goldy's updates are very good, but apart from them, there isn't really anything posted in this thread during the week and it's kinda flat.

Just a thought... icon_razz.gif

Im only posting to give updates......feel free to post about your own teams of course, thats your choice, of course it would be nice if more people posted and kept the thread alive more.

Talk about anything in ur club, players u brought etc

I got some World Cup legends at my club icon_biggrin.gif Djorkaeff and Roberto Baggio 35+ rocks hehe

I agree with Steve. Lads this thread is flat so we need a bit of imagination from all of us.

HEPBURN POSTED MISSING!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

It was reported in the news today that Cardiff manager Andy Hepburn has been reported missing after failing to show up for the start of the season. Cardiff officials are shocked by the news and hope news of his whereabouts are reported sooner rather than later. Rumour has it he is spending time with his girlfriend before she flys off to Thailand tomorrow while he slings it out in the doldrums of Cardiff.

Steve i will not be playing tonight as you may have guessed as my girlfriend is away to Thailand tomorrow i am wanting to spend my time with her before she goes. I will be back tomorrow night to try to take Cardiff to glory.

icon_biggrin.gif

No problem mate......no great loss to Cardiff either icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

As long as your g/f brings me back a nice women it'll be fine icon_smile.gif

But have fun what ever you do.

Archived