Daniel Villalba

villalbax.jpg

Looks really promising, can't get him a work permit just yet, so he's been on loan at Gent where he's doing really well. I am going to start including him the first team towards the end of next season.

The only thing that gets me is his heading stat in comparison to his height (I'm not sure the two are linked in FM) and jumping stats, anyone know if it makes any difference to his heading ability despite the high stat?

Yeah he has a

-9 PA possibly. He never comes good for me because his CA is low, PA is high, so difficult to get him to improve

Good old AA Gent as a feeder club for Arsenal :thup:

Another good Argentinian...Lucas Trecarichi

Jumping is misleading because I don't think it expressly refers to vertical leaping ability. It has to do with how high a player can be off the ground after jumping. So Peter Crouch automatically has a really high jumping stat because him just standing there is essentially the equivalent of a 6"0 player with a jumping stat of 10 or so. It doesn't matter if a tall player has horrible ups, his jumping stat will be high because they are tall and thus reaches a greater height than a shorter player.

In the screenshot, the player is 157 cm which is 5"2. His jumping stat is 14 which means he can jump ridiculously high so it compensates for his height. In the air, he's effectively like 5"10 because he can jump so high. Height technically doesn't matter in the game, except that it's proportional to jumping unless the player has extraordinary (or extraordinarily bad) jumping.

So, no, his height isn't a hinderance.

@welsh wizard

Whoever has the higher jumping stat is better in the air. Easy as that.

Archived