[FM09] Crazy Canuck on an International Managerial Tour

rancer890

Move to TFC.

Loved playing as them in FM, I was much better than Cummins even without De Ro.

I think it would be unfair on yourself and the Gills for you to leave upon promotion. At least be a man and face at least half a season of a prem relagation battle. Then Jump ship.

Any ambitions to becoming Canada boss ?

Minor issue there. I don't have MLS loaded. :o

I've played MLS a few times in FM09, and I lose money. IRL, TFC is already making a profit, along with LA Galaxy, and also FC Dallas and RBNY. It's a bit unrealistic when you're losing money even if you're playing well. And some other annoying bugs. Waivers is broken, and trades are hard to make.

I will probably stay with The Gills unless something I like comes up (like a PSV, one of my favourite teams in Europe, or a Man Utd offering me a job).

Being Canada boss is my lifelong dream. :D I think I have Canada loaded, and some can probably tell I'm signing Canadians so they don't retire and the national team is still playable.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gillingham

February 2015

3rd: at QPR - Championship - L 2-3 - Lasse Hansen, Fabio Borini

We lost because of a penalty.

7th: vs Sheffield United - Championship - D 1-1 - Andreas Wojtanowicz

Sheffield United score a goal in the 50th. Pity that we keep losing valuable points.

14th: at Leicester - Championship - L 2-5 - Fabio Borini, Luke Freeman

We were horrible, althoguh Leicester did score 2 late ones to make it look like a blowout.

21st: vs Bradford - Championship - W 4-0 - Luke Freeman, Andreas Wojtanowicz, Lasse Hansen, Bobby McLeod

Pleased with the win, it was long overdue.

28th: at Derby - Championship - D 1-1 - Luke Freeman

We salvage a point after a 92nd minute goal.

Standings

A horrible month now leaves us outside a playoff spot. We must win next month.

From now till the end of the 2014-2015 season, please don't utter that "P" word. Actually make that two "P" words. :p

Gillingham

March 2015

3rd: vs MK Dons - Championship - W 2-0 - Andreas Wojtanowicz, Fabio Borini

A nice victory against a struggling squad. An expected victory.

7th: at Bristol City - Championship - L 2-3 - Fabio Borini, Johan Roest

We lost on a 90th minute goal. It happens.

10th: vs Burnley - Championship - W 1-0 - Andreas Wojtanowicz

One goal is good enough for the win.

14th: at Portsmouth - Championship - L 2-3 - Andreas Wojtanowicz, Luke Freeman

We lost on a 90th minute penalty. I've given up on criticizing the refs.

21st: at Birmingham - Championship - W 3-2 - Andreas Wojtanowicz (2), Luke Freeman

A good win keeps us in 6th.

Standings

THE FINAL SPRINT

April 4th: vs Cardiff

April 6th: at Hull

April 11th: vs Sheffied Wednesday

April 18th: at Coventry

April 25th: vs Leeds

May 3rd: at Wolves

I really hope we clinch a top 6 spot before the Wolves game.

Gillingham

April 2015

4th: vs Cardiff - Championship - W 5-2 - Lasse Hansen, Luke Freeman (2), Andreas Wojtanowicz, Marcel

A good solid win to keep us in the top 6.

6th: at Hull - Championship - W 1-0 - Luke Freeman

A close away win to keep up with and stay ahead of the other clubs.

11th: vs Sheffield Wednesday - Championship - L 2-3 - Andreas Wojtanowicz, Luke Freeman

80th minute goal. We lose important points.

18th: at Coventry - Championship - W 2-0 - Sebastian Avdic, Marcel

A competitive match, and good thing we got the goals we needed.

25th: vs Leeds - Championship - L 0-1

Heartbreaking loss. The opposition 'keeper: Adam Bogdan, who I had for a year in League 1. I haven't beaten him since I sold him to Leeds...

May 2015

3rd: at Wolves - Championship - D 2-2 - Luke Freeman, Fabio Borini

We needed a win. And we didn't win. Wolves scored in the 89th and 92nd. No playoffs.

Standings

No playoffs. I'll need to make several changes in the off-season.

Full update coming after playoffs end.

oh..... just missed out :(.

Good season anyway and not being in the Prem could be a blessing as I always like to be Champion before I go up. plus your rep goes up quite a bit more if you win the league than going through play-offs

I was devastated. It was that horrible month of February. Too many wins turned to draws and draws to losses. We just couldn't finish a game. :(

I'll be hunting for a new centre back. My defense was a liability. They made too many mental errors this season, and were very undiscliplined (my teams are usually have the least yellow/red cards). We also gave up a lot of penalties than previous years. Needless to say, next year's team will be different.

There was a few late goals let in throughout the season which could be down to having a Newcastle "Titus Bramble" Defender i.e lack of concentration :) But easily sorted with new faces in defence call on your scouts in Scandinavia again they are usually good defenders in rl and FM

2014-2015

Gillingham

England - Championship

Media Prediction: 24th

Finishing Position: Standings Past Positions

FA Cup: lost at Ipswich in 3rd Round (1-0)

League Cup: lost at Plymouth in 2nd Round (2-1)

Squad

Squad

Transfers

Transfers

I'll hopefully be busy next year. I want to revamp this team.

Finances

Finances

All my teams are financially sound. My Gills club is no different.

Key Players

GK - Keylor Navas

DR - Sebastian Avdic

MC - Jacob Mellis

ML - Lasse Hansen

ST - Andreas Wojtanowicz

ST - Luke Freeman

Club Information

Affiliations

Overview

Stadium/Facilities

Awards

• Andreas Wojtanowicz - Championship Top Goalscorer - 1st place
  • Luke Freeman - Championship Top Goalscorer - 3rd place
  • Lasse Hansen, Luke Freeman, Andreas Wojtanowicz - Players' Team of the Year

Goals for the Future

• Playoffs are a minimum
  • Finish games

There was a few late goals let in throughout the season which could be down to having a Newcastle "Titus Bramble" Defender i.e lack of concentration :) But easily sorted with new faces in defence call on your scouts in Scandinavia again they are usually good defenders in rl and FM

I'm already scouting Sweden and Norway for my replacements. I also look to Spain and Italy for talents as well. I would never buy an English player, only sign them on free transfer.

Some more news:

The Bad: "Due to strong local opposition the local council have denied the club planning permission for the proposed ground improvements."

The Good: Upgrading youth facilities. Next up: state of the art youth facilities. I hope they build a youth academy as well. :)

Thanks for the comment Big D. :thup:

It's been an interesting summer window so far. First, my club rep is now national, which means I can sign better players. :)

Secondly, I've had two interesting offers: one from German 1st Division outfit Mainz, and League 2 side Wrexham. Needless to say, I rejected both offers, for different reasons. :p

I have sold several players already, and waiting for the right players to come along to sign, as even though my wage budget has increased, I do not want to put my team in a financial mess. I am also going to change captain and vice-captain this year. I have my targets, and pleased to say that I have signed some of them, although some higher rep players were signed to other clubs even though I offered what the players wanted.

I will post a transfers update all on it's own because there's so much change. :D

I really thought you were going to do it this season rancer. To lose out on goal difference is harsh. All i can say is hopefully you're players will be stronger for it next season.

I thought so too. And now I basically revamped my squad. Not like your Dortmund transfer season, but I brought some new faces (and the usual loan from Arsenal...) to push for the playoffs.

August nearly done. I'll do the transfer update post first!

2015 Offseason

I was offered managerial positions by Mainz and Wrexham but rejected both. Mainz was a team struggling to survive the past few seasons, and their core were on long term contracts. They also had a star striker, who I knew I would have to sell before the transfer window closed. They had 'secure' finances, and very good training facilities, but they had to rent their stadium, and with the $2 million annual price tag, I would have liked to be in a better position before committing myself to a new team.Wrexham was an easier decision, I had no interest in dropping divisions.

2015 Gills Summer Transfer Window

After the season ended, I was obviously disappointed in my squad. The problem? The back line. They were inconsistent. So I went to hunt for some bargains.

But before I start looking to bring in some new centre backs, I find a goalkeeper, Markus Rosengren on Canada Day (July 1st), to replace the departing Keylor Navas, to Sheffield United. Both sums were $400k. Although some may argue that Navas is better, which I won't deny, but Rosengren has more potential, and with the cost and wages, I decided to sell Navas, who had hinted about moving to a bigger club.

The next day, I made my second signing, centre back Dedryck Boyata on free transfer, formerly contracted to Man City. As I felt that we lost games not because of talent, but mental breakdown at the back, and Boyata has relatively good mental attributes at a fair wage. I also went to Arsenal for a loan, for the usual player, Luke Freeman. His contract expires at the end of the season, and I'm keen on making the Gills youth product stay on a permanent deal.

I made sure that I was well within my wage budget, as with the likes for Possebon and other good players available on a free transfer, I had to be careful not to spend too much. I eventually didn't get Possebon, who joined Sheffield Wednesday, but got a decent young player in Robbie Howells.

The next few days were busy. I loaned centre back Jason Hayward YP3 to feeder club Carshalton, for 1st team experience. I sold striker Marcel to Bradford for $1.3 million, Keylor Navas (GK) to Sheffield United for $400k, and Paul Rodgers (DRC) (Cardiff) for $400k, all in the same day. Marino Rikharosson (DC) was mad at me selling Marcel, so I transfer-listed him and he left too, for Northampton for $500k. As for replacements, I acquired Vasco Bianchi on a free, and who previously played at Inter. He's a quality youngster who can play centre back and right back, and 'unconvincing' at left back.

Eddie Udall YP6 went on season-long loan to Hayes & Yeading, and my signings were supposed to finish with Martyn Davis. However, Levante put a bid for Jacek Wojchiechowski, for $400k, and out he went to Spain. He was average, with ratings around the 6.50 range in his two seasons with the club.

The next piece of news was a shock, Lasse Hansen, the player who I signed one year ago to replace Johan Svensson, was sold, with chairman interference, to Wigan for $6 million. Personally, I wished the chairman had a little more brains to put in a percentage of next sale clause, but I guess he doesn't know anything about football economics. Well, I was scrambling to find a replacement again, and off I sent my Swedish scout, and he returned with Adem Roxstrom, for $975k. He probably doesn't have the potential of my previous left mids, but he'll step in and do the job required of him.

Summer Transfers

Gillingham

Pre-season 2015

July 11: at Dunfermline - W 2-0 - Luke Freeman, Andreas Wojtanowicz

July 19th: vs Arsenal - L 0-1

July 22nd: at Canvey Island - W 6-0 - Fabio Borini (3), Johan Roest, Johnny Monaghan YP2, Chris Johnson

July 24th: vs PSV - W 4-2 - Andreas Wojtanowicz, Jacob Mellis, Lasse Hansen, Sebastian Avdic, Fabio Borini

July 29th: at Dartford - W 6-0 - Ross Shephard OG, Andreas Wojtanowicz (2), Luke Freeman, Dedryck Boyata (2)

August 2015

8th: vs Coventry - Championship - W 2-0 - Johan Roest, Fabio Borini

A good start to the season with a win.

12th: at Hereford - League Cup 1st Round - W 2-1 - Fabio Borini, Christopher Ramsey OG

The game winner was an own goal, but a win is a win.

15th: at Bristol City - Championship - D 2-2 - Jacob Mellis

Can't really complain after trailing by 2 goals.

22nd: vs Middlesbrough - Championship - L 2-4 - Paul Welsh, Andreas Wojtanowicz

We didn't even know what hit us in a disappointing defeat.

26th: at Peterborough - League Cup 2nd Round - W 2-1 - Johan Roest, Fabio Borini

We controlled the game, and it's good to move on to the 3rd Round.

29th: at Portsmouth - Championship - L 1-2 - Luke Freeman

It was a tough game, but beating Pompey away from home is a challenge for my Gills squad.

Standings

Gillingham

September 2015

12th: vs Derby - Championship - W 1-0 - Luke Freeman

15th: at West Ham - Championship - L 1-3 - Andreas Wojtanowicz

19th: vs Southend - Championship - D 0-0

23rd: vs Leeds - League Cup 3rd Round - D 0-0 (L 2-4 on penalties)

26th: at Ipswich - Championship - D 0-0

29th: vs Sheffield Wednesday - D 1-1 - Fabio Borini (93rd minute goal)

Sorry for the condensed update, I'm just annoyed at my league performance atm. Lasse Hansen's absence is hurting us. Wojtanowicz, leading Championship goal scorer, has 2 goals in 12 games. I am leaning towards leaving in 2016, to another country if team performance doesn't improve.

I know I will probably leave sooner or later, if my chairman keeps on selling my players without my consent.

Standings

As for good news, I have a new merchandise feeder from China. The club? Guangdong Rizhiquan. :D

Gillingham

October 2015

3rd: vs Birmingham - Championship - W 3-1 - Adam McCarthy OG, Andreas Wojtanowicz

Wojtanowicz responded after I criticized him for lack of production.

17th: at Swansea - Championship - W 4-3 - Luke Freeman, Andreas Wojtanowicz (2), Emmerson Boyce

Wild game, and pleased to come out on top. 6 of the 7 goals were scored in the first 25 minutes.

20th: at Leicester - Championship - W 1-0 - Fabio Borini

Substitute Borini's 74th minute goal is enough for win.

24th: vs Blackpool - Championship - W 1-0 - Andreas Wojtanowicz

Wojtanowicz's header from a corner is enough for another 3 points. We're not scoring a lot, but we'll take the wins for now.

27th: at Burnley - Championship - W 2-1 - Neil Collins OG, Adem Roxstrom

Another solid win against relegation threatened Burnley.

31st: vs Norwich - Championship - W 2-0 - Luke Freeman, Fabio Borini

We dominated this game, and very pleased of our current performance.

Standings

Transfers:

I did sign another player before the transfer window closed, in centre back Kees Janssen from FC Twente for $275k. I have also signed former Manchester United defender John O'Shea. I am also waiting for Russian Sergey Ignashevich to respond to my trial offer. I believe O'Shea will help out the younger players (average squad age: 21) to win, along with Ignashevich.

I have also signed two former players who have played in the EPL as coaches: O'Shea's teammate at Manchester United, Wes Brown, and former Watford player and American Jay DeMerit.

Gillingham

November 2015

7th: at Plymouth - Championship - L 2-4 - Luke Freeman, Fabio Borini

And the winning streak comes to an abrupt end - on TV nonetheless.

21st: vs Southampton - Championship - W 1-0 - Luke Freeman

Early goal by Freeman lets us start a new winning streak.

24th: vs Northampton - Championship - W 2-1 - Adem Roxstrom, Johan Roest

Roest's goal in the 84th minute maintains our winning streak.

28th: at Nottingham Forest - Championship - L 0-4

We just didn't show up.

Standings

Just for laughs, I decided to battle Modena for the services of Davide Succi, who wanted him as manager, and he actually chose to come to Gillingham as a coach rather than be manager. :D

I do prefer the player more than the coach though...if he didn't decide to retire, I wouldn't mind playing him up front if he still wants to. He was decent at some Serie B clubs and he scored 13 goals at Ukrainian club Shakhtar the year before he retired.

Gillingham

December 2015

5th: at QPR - Championship - D 1-1 - Andreas Wojtanowicz

Even game, but not good that we're losing points to the other contenders.

8th: vs Huddersfield - Championship - D 1-1 - Luke Freeman

Another draw.

12th: at Hull - Championship - D 1-1

Couldn't come up with many scoring chances.

19th: at Coventry - Championship - L 1-2 - Andreas Wojtanowicz

The average month continues, with a loss.

26th: vs Bristol City - Championship - W 1-0 - Andreas Wojtanowicz

It's a narrow win, and the goal was scored in the 1st minute, but a win is a win...

30th: at Sheffield United - Championship - L 0-2

Lackluster effort by the lads.

Standings

I'll be looking at the transfer market to improve my team in the new year.

Shocking month mate, unlucky.

Most games were away from home, and our form away from Priestfield hasn't been the best.

Although it will be a tough month, with the following games:

at Crystal Palace (FA Cup)

at Middlesbrough

vs Portsmouth

at Derby

vs West Ham

I'm just hoping we don't lose too much ground this month.

Gillingham

January 2016

2nd: at Crystal Palace - FA Cup 3rd Round - L 0-2

It was a close game till Crystal Palace were able to break through for the first goal.

9th: at Middlesbrough - Championship - D 1-2 - Silvo Ivanic

We had a point until the 94th minute.

16th: vs Portsmouth - Championship - D 1-1 - Andreas Wojtanowicz

We took an early lead bu Jermain Defoe scored the equalizer.

26th: at Derby - Championship - W 1-0 - Luke Freeman

We finally scored a 94th minute goal for a change.

30th: vs West Ham - Championship - W 2-0 - Johan Roest, John O'Shea

We took control in the 2nd half and never looked back. Wojtanowicz is gone for 3-4 months though...

Standings

Transfers

IN:

- Amr Zaki - free

- Danny Woods - (emergency) loan

- Javier - $11 million record signing from Murcia (I hope I don't regret this signing lol)

- Silvo Ivanic - $1.6 million signing from Slovan Liberec

OUT:

- Bobby McLeod - MK Dons - $650k

- Jeremy Helan - Swansea - $4 million

- Jacob Mellis - Portsmouth - $3.4 million

I should have also have sold Johan Roest for $8 million but he decided to injure himself in training. :(

I haven't updated my Senegal so I'll do it now. :D

It'll be a bit brief...and I'll talk about my most recent tournament with them, the 2016 African Nations

Group C: Senegal, Tanzania, Morocco, Congo

Game 1: vs Tanzania - W 4-0 - Demba Ba, Lamine Gassama, Elias Katongo OG, Khassimirou Diop

Game 2: vs Morocco - L 0-1

Game 3: vs Congo - W 1-0 - Pa**** Cisse

[font=Courier New]Team           GP  W  D  L  F  A  PTS
Morocco (Q)     3  3  0  0  6  0    9
Senegal (Q)     3  2  0  1  5  1    6
Congo           3  1  0  2  2  3    3
Tanzania        3  0  0  3  0  9    0 
[/font]

Quarter-final: vs Ivory Coast - W 2-1 - Babacar Gueye, Pa**** Cisse

Semi-final: vs Ghana - W 1-0 - Rahmane Berry

Final: vs Mali - 2-2 (lost 6-5 on pens) - Demba Ba, Babacar Gueye

It was good to go to the Final, but it's always a disappointment to lose. I'll probably be Senegal manager until I get sacked, or move to an European country.

:eek: $11 million on an 18 year old! You're really splashing the cash! He looks like he'll be worth it though, hopefully he can give your Gills team the push it needs for the Prem.

Unlucky there with Senegal in the final :( There's nothing worse than losing in the final on pens! I'd rather have gone out in the group stage. Maybe next time.

Good updates and still enjoying the read.

:eek: $11 million on an 18 year old! You're really splashing the cash! He looks like he'll be worth it though, hopefully he can give your Gills team the push it needs for the Prem.

Unlucky there with Senegal in the final :( There's nothing worse than losing in the final on pens! I'd rather have gone out in the group stage. Maybe next time.

Good updates and still enjoying the read.

$11 million is a risky investment. But I hope it works out. :p

The signing means I probably won't make a lot of profit, but I'll try and offset the costs in the summer.

And you got some free time it seems, replying to so many threads. :D

February 2016

2nd: at Southend - Championship - D 1-1 - Luke Freeman

The goals were scored in the 1st half, and although Southend pressed for a win (22 shots), it ended up a draw.

6th: vs Ipswich - Championship - W 3-2 - Chris Johnson (2), Javier

Playing due to striker injuries, Johnson scores the game winner in the 90th minute. Javier scores his first goal for The Gills.

13th: at Birmingham - Championship - D 0-0

No goal, although we had some good chances to score. We just didn't finish.

20th: vs Swansea - Championship - D 1-1 - Johan Roest

We held the lead till the 80th minute. It is still a positive result against the league leaders.

27th: at Leicester - Championship - W 1-0 - Adem Roxstrom

Roxstrom scores a late winner in the 83rd minute to pick up the win in an even affair.

Standings

Oooh, play-offs with only 12 games to go! Do you think you can sustain your form and make them?

I didn't realise that Mr.Cisse was automatically censored, i thought it was you who was censoring :o

I've not been on for a few days so haven't had the chance to follow peoples threads. Just got some spare time today so thought i'd pop in and have a look at how people are doing...obviously well if they've got $11 million to spend on an 18 year old! ;):D

Raware: I hope I do make it. GD is a concern again though. Javier is probably my riskiest signing on FM09. I'm very strict with finances usually, and when my scout returned with his report, I was very tempted to sign him. Murcia weren't budging on $11 million so I bit the bullet and called their bluff. He's also labeled the next Joaquin, which played a part in signing him.

Big D: Senegal are 21st in the world rankings, moving up 24 spots. Morocco finished 3rd and jumped 90 places to 17th. Mali went up 25 spots to 15th.

World Rankings (top 20 and notables)

1st - Argentina

2nd - Brazil

3rd - France

4th - England

5th - Germany

6th - Spain

7th - USA

8th - Portugal

9th - Holland

10th - Nigeria

11th - Greece

12th - Croatia

13th - Russia

14th - Mexico

15th - Mali

16th - Italy

17th - Morocco

18th - Ukraine

19th - Czech Republic

20th - Ivory Coast

---------------------

21st - Senegal

22nd - Australia

25th - Turkey

32nd - Scotland

34th - Ireland

36th - Japan

40th - N. Ireland

47th - China

49th - New Zealand

65th - Vanuatu :p

66th - Wales

76th - Canada

101st - Cook Islands

170th - San Marino

185th - Hong Kong

208th (aka last) - Mongolia

65th - Vanuatu :p

101st - Cook Islands

How on earth did they get so high? :eek: As an initial guess, I'd say winning the OCE Nations Cup or qualifying for the World Cup but then I see that New Zealand are ranked in the top 50 too. Any star players from Vanuatu or Cook Islands?

How on earth did they get so high? :eek: As an initial guess, I'd say winning the OCE Nations Cup or qualifying for the World Cup but then I see that New Zealand are ranked in the top 50 too. Any star players from Vanuatu or Cook Islands?

Vanuatu and Cook Islands both have greyed players. Vanuatu went to the Oceania Nations Cup Final a couple times, but haven't won it. They haven't progressed very far in WCQ either.

As for Cook Islands, I don't know why they're so high. :p

And I forgot Solomon Islands - 58th. They actually won the OCE Nations Cup once...defeating NZ 1-0 on aggregate. They have one real player, Benjamin Totori, playing for Numancia.

Gillingham

March 2016

1st: vs Leicester - L 1-2 - Luke Freeman

We lost on two late goals.

5th: at Blackpool - L 1-3 - Amr Zaki

We were never in this game.

8th: vs Burnley - W 5-0 - Dedryck Boyata (2), Luke Freeman (2), Amr Zaki

This result really helps with the GD. :D

12th: at Norwich - D 1-1 - Luke Freeman

Disappointing. We should have won.

19th: vs Plymouth - W 3-1 - Amr Zaki, Luke Freeman (2)

Solid win.

26th: at Northampton - D 1-1 - Luke Freeman

We can't win despite Northampton down to ten men (and they scored with 10 as well)

Standings

Jobs:

I'm intrigued by some German and Dutch clubs, like Stuttgart, who are in the 2nd Division, and Ajax, currently 5th in the Eredivisie.

Bad month. Just steady the ship now and get into the play-offs. You never know then.

If you dont get playoffs. Jump ship.

I'm not necessarily looking for promotion. We'll do worse than Derby in 07-08. :p

No playoff this year, I'm probably leave. I would stay if the stadium gets expanded, and I can sign some good players. My manager rep is now continental, so I'll be able to find a good top tier position in France, Germany, or Holland if I decide to leave. I've been with The Gills since the summer of 2011. It might be time to move on.

Gillingham

April 2016

2nd: at Southampton - Championship - W 2-1 - Luke Freeman (2)

Freeman scores the winner in the 89th minute!

6th: vs Nottingham Forest - Championship - D 0-0

Disappointing result, considering we outshot them 12-1.

9th: vs QPR - Championship - D 1-1 - Johan Roest

We take an early lead on a penalty, but give it back and the game ends in another draw.

16th: at Huddersfield - Championship - L 1-2 - Luke Freeman

We are now outside a playoff spot, currently being occupied by Huddersfield, since they have a better GD.

23rd: vs Hull - Championship - W 5-1 - Luke Freeman (2), Fabio Borini (3)

We certainly need the goals to help the GD. :D

This brings us to...the final game, against Sheffield United, with former Gills GK Keylor Navas. I couldn't defeat Leeds once I sold Adam Bogdan, will this haunt me again?

May 2016

3rd: vs Sheffield United

I was cautious to start this match. I still remember last year against Wolves in the last game, who beat me in the 90th. I need goals, and quick ones. Huddersfield were already up 2-0 on Coventry after 20 minutes. To make matters worse, Kees Jansson got 2 yellows in only 32 minutes and was sent off. By halftime, it was Gillingham 0-0 Sheffield United, and Huddersfield 3-0 Coventry.

So I go all attack in the 2nd half. Still 0-0 in the 62nd, I sub ST Chris Johnson for Borini, Javier for Roest, and Martyn Davis for Bianchi. We finally score, in the 73rd minute, by Adem Roxstrom. Javier follows up 5 minutes later with another goal. Freeman scores in the 89th and we cement our spot in the playoffs with a 3-0 win.

Standings

We face Leicester in the semis. Both teams won one game during the season, at the opposition pitch.

Gillingham

Playoffs!

Semi-Final against Leicester

1st leg at home:

It was a good match. We controlled the match. And Borini scored early and we just held on for the win. I wanted another goal though.

Gillingham 1-0 Leicester

2nd leg away:

I knew that Leicester would be going on an aggressive attack all game. I was confident in my squad and their abilities. It just wasn't enough, and that's football. The Wallace goal was partly my mistake. I subbed Boyata for Davis, and Wallace beat Davis to score.

Leicester 4-1 Gillingham

End of season update coming up soon.

Archived