Harder challenge?

I'm looking to start a new campaign and have pretty much narrowed it down to Hamburg and Udinese as I want a UEFA cup team to turn them to title contenders... Anyone have any experiences or ideas as who'd be the biggest challenge?

I've considered Udinese myself, and I think it might be quite a good save for you, considering what you're looking for.

Can't help you with Hamburg, other than to say I don't think you'll have an active reserve team and you may have problems with the registration process in Germany.

Out of my experience, it's way too easy taking a UEFA-Cup level team and morphing it into a title contender.

Udinese may be the slightly harder pick, mostly because Inter and AC Milan are ridiculously strong and market-aggressive in the game, but I bet you'd be able to clinch a Champions League spot in the first season already, only with one-two purchases.

Out of my experience, it's way too easy taking a UEFA-Cup level team and morphing it into a title contender.

Udinese may be the slightly harder pick, mostly because Inter and AC Milan are ridiculously strong and market-aggressive in the game, but I bet you'd be able to clinch a Champions League spot in the first season already, only with one-two purchases.

Yeah ultimately though the aim would be champions league glory...

Archived