Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats egg and beans mate icon14.gif afc wimbledon are part time, wet farts, joking good result 4-0 what tactic you using mate coz im finding zombies with all respect hard to score with? im thinking of some good old 4-4-2 hmm...

Originally posted by jess boi:

thats egg and beans mate icon14.gif afc wimbledon are part time, wet farts, joking good result 4-0 what tactic you using mate coz im finding zombies with all respect hard to score with? im thinking of some good old 4-4-2 hmm...

you keep saying your thinking of 442 lol give it a go! im using briz's tactic at the moment. its going alright i dont think hoskins and ebanks blake make a very good partnership

and afc wimbledon are the best team in the world behind oxford lol

some might say it was luck i say tactical genius!

2-2 after 83mins. Tarija on at half time and not doing alot then replace the subsitute with Pacheco in the 83rd min! 84th min GOALLL!! instant impact by the substitute! and theJPT quarter final against Brentford is Oxfords!

Wow i was a bit sceptical at first to play with Oxford but it is really an top game!

Oh ye and only played 2 friendlies so far which where

2-2 vs Milton Utd (My defence for this poor result is i miss mashed my team and kept changing tactics)

2-0 vs Wlasall ( icon_biggrin.gif Happy with the performance as the defence reduced Walsall to only one notable chance)

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jess boi:

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/jesseince/?act...ew&current=oxfrd.jpg

theres my first team

I think u need a faster striker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed

ebanks blake? izale mcleod?

Right since dominating Europe with Arsenal I have decided to take this challange on. I have just finished the first game of the season but need some sleep so have stopped icon_biggrin.gif

First Match at home to Torquay

Best Eleven

Transfers In/Out

As you can see alot of transfers! I have sold the crap back up players for a decent amount of money which I think will be needed in the long run. I got Arsenal as my parent club towards the end of the month, which I'm delighted with, but I had already used my 4 long term loan signings before this so I could only get there youngsters for 3 months.

Anyways I'll be playing tomorrow and will keep you updated icon14.gif

Dexta - I didnt have any loans the whole season, I still cant get a parent club after a year and there was no available loan players for me to sign that was good enough, the good ones refused to sign! I won the league with ease, tried different formations and stuff once I had officially won it and dropped a fair few points at the end. Finished on 102 points i think. Im struggeling to find quality players for League 2. I had lots of good players coming but of course work permit issues stopped them players like angulo, scotland and others, i will post a screen in a few mins and see if anyone can suggest signings for me. I have about 500k to spend!

oxfordunitedoxfordplayetu8.th.png

Well thats my current team, i feel all i need is a striker to partner leon mckenzie. Possibly a new RB as well. Also what keeper would you play as they are both as good as each other IMO?

The players i tried to get but work permit stopped me is:

Agouda(would of been awsome, totally gutted)

Angulo(again would of been amazing)

Rodriguez

Scotland

San Roman

Tarija

So anyone got any suggestions with about 500k left to spend? And why can i never get a parent club??

Ok guys. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Season review. Promotion from the BSP and Setanta Cup winners. Squad average age 23.

As you can see, I hit the 100 point mark, but was pushed all the way by York City.

finalbsptable.jpg

My squad ended up being fairly big.

fianlbspsquad.jpg

I McLeod was superb with 37 goals in 55 starts. Mazzola is someone I hav signed before, and his joining in the Jan windo helpe my team kick on.

Duffy started out as 4th choice (Ebanks blake broke his leg in september) but ended the season with 18 goals.

Morris scored a cracking 16 goals, all pens and free kicks.

Transfers:

finaltransfersbsp.jpg

The Setanata Cup Final was a cracking game!

setantafinal.jpg

I was eventually knowcked out of the FA Cup after a 3rd round replay, 1-3 at home to Portsmouth. I drew the initial game 2-2 at Fratton after being 2-0 with ten minutes to go!

pompeyawaycup.jpg

Onwards to pre-season!

mate dont panic lol right my transfers this season are:

marc wilson- free from doncaster

filipe de costa- free from leeds(amazing)

jack hobbs- loan from liverpool

kevin phillips- free

pavel bartres- czeh second division

miroslav toth- great striker from czech second division- 40k

paul terry- free transfer

hakeem adeluken- crystal palace- 14k

josh wright- on loan from charlton

thats all of em mate, im 4th in league 2 after 10 games so not too bad

Can you post a screenshot of your current team please jss? Also wilson cant get, phillips cant get, bartres, toth and adeluken dont exist on my game. The rest ive tried so fingers crossed. I havnt managed to sign one person who requires a work permit, its doin me nut in! Great possible players as well.

weebob

il post a screenie now mate, you wont find the czech players as you havent loaded the lagues but dw, try and look carefully for some more free players, it took me about 2 hours to look at all the possible transfers

creppin

i have slightly changed my tactics, with better players i can play a more attacking game which has been sucesful

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/jesseince/?act...&current=oxford3.jpg

So far key players that I have signed have been:

Anthony Scribe - Free

Piotr Czaplinski - Free (still cant decide between these guys for gk)

Esmir Sabic - free(not as good as pre patch but still hopin he is ok)

Emanuel Lewis - Free

Kabamba Musasa - Free(first guy to get a work permit)

Jay Simpson - Loan from Arsenal

Stephen Darby - Loan from Liverpool

Oliver Hotchkiss - Free

Tomi Ameobi - Free

Leon Mckenzie - 1k

Neil Kilkenny - 90k(hoping he will be a star for me)

Jack Hobbs - Loan from Liverpool

Bradley Johnson - Loan from Leeds

Couple of possible loan signings on short term as well.

Cedric Baseya is waiting on a work permit for me. Leon Constantine is a maybe, not sure i need him? Filipe da costa i have put a bid in of 16k.

I dont think promotion will be easy but its possible for me now i think with some of my signings! Might change formation around a bit and see whats best!

jessboi well done against southampton.. keep the swearing out mate please.

fm Master

not many trasnfers there mate did you try Soley?

good luck mate!

dabest welcome mate!

i used that shortlist but to be honest most of them are worse than half the players you can attract to oxford

some good transfers there.

Creppin

well done mate! 3 figures excellent! woah a loooooad of signings there! hope they all have a part to play! got some of my good ol'boys! possebon, kalenga, mary, all did great for me for a few season possebon in championship as well!

i changed my tactic to Briz' 4132 tactic pretty good at the moment.

weebob

i dont know why you cant get a parent club. its just the game i couldnt get one last time around. well done on getting triple figures points!

i got san roman rodriguez and tarija. never been able to before just got lucky its weird how the game works!

look at Ganea, Sburlea, Ionescu, Cordos, Erik grendel all been great for me in league 2

okay so currently i am sitting 3rd in league 2!

after 21 games, im 5 points off swindon because they beat me and 2 off tranmere in 2nd.

got a replay at home against barnsley in fa cup drew 3-3 in 1st attempt. and in semi's of JPT against Gillingham! so hopefully that trophy is mine icon_smile.gif

willkeep posted.

Originally posted by weebob88:

I just been Nottm Forest 5 - 4 in a friendly!! Im thinking im gonna go with Scribe in goals, he is older and more experienced what do you guys think, Scribe or Czaplinski?

Scribe mate! hes a great goalie! i have Afonso Blanco who i prefer but never managed to get a work permit for him before but scribe has always been solid for me in previous oxford games!

Originally posted by FM Master:

dexta200

Yeah i did try Soley but he rejected me for Gretna if memory serves right.

But yep its goin well as im top of the table after 7 games (won 6 drawn 1) and the highlight of the season so far was beating a York team 3-0 icon_eek.gif

well done mate. unbeaten i like it!

yeah york are a one of the biggest threats and thats a great win mate! shame about soley rejecting you doesnt look like you need him thoguh!

Originally posted by Creppin:

dexta

LOL. I abused the loan system. I had a patch of playing like 8 games in about 20 days, and needed to be able to field about 3 different teams to keep everyone fit!

haha yeah i know if you stay in the cups it is hard! but its fun too!

Originally posted by weebob88:

I just been Nottm Forest 5 - 4 in a friendly!! Im thinking im gonna go with Scribe in goals, he is older and more experienced what do you guys think, Scribe or Czaplinski?

I'd go with Czaplinski. He's currently holding his own for me in the Premiership (fourth season with Peterborough). He's been first choce for me since he was 18, doing a great job on my rise up through the leagues.

Archived