FM08: Official Liverpool Thread

I've decided to go for an all out large squad as of this moment I'm close to winning the League Cup cause I put out a young team against Bolton and they went on to win 1-0 and I got either Newcastle or Birmingham to contend so I might got a date with the Geordies.

I've bought for English cover... Ryan Taylor, Nicky Shorey and Wayne Routledge alongside Alexandre Song who will come in at the 2nd window.

However Jermaine Defoe who is my cup scoring king is spending the rest of the season at Celtic on loan, I know he's going to destroy the SPL.

Torres has atm 25-26 goals he is literally tearing teams apart alongside Captain G who's back on form alongside Dirk Kuyt as he and Torres took 1 and 2 in the World Player of the year award.

Breno on the otherhand what a youngster... 3 games including 2 cup matches against Blackburn and Bolton scored as soon as he came on for the FA Cup match instantly secured his way into the Kopites hearts.

I'm doing brilliant so far with The Mancs on course for a 4th round visit to Anfield and facing Marseille in the Champions League Last 16.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just started a new game tonight these r my ins and outs.

outs:

riise portsmouth 4,8m

aurelio zaragoza 2,5m

sissoko tottenham 4,8m

voronin portsmouth 4m

arbeloa getafe 1m

ins:

sergio augero at madrid 29,5m

renato augusto 5,75m flamengo?

henri saviet free bourduox

benaga 3,9m boca

lulinha for jan corinthians?

started the season off in the worst possible way

losing 4-1 to sunderland after itanje thought he was a fairy. lost 2-1 to tottenham after reina done the same.

i did manage to make the champins league grop stages and get rangers psv and werder bremen i think it was not sure about bremen.

any ideas about improving my team? i play

3 cb

2 mc

aml

amc

amr and the normal 2 strikers.

Originally posted by heavybass:

First part keep the rl politics out of the digital forum this is where the cyber kopites hang out.

And Derby's unrealistic in this game

Woppsy...sory bout that just cant figure out wheiter i'm irl or not since playing FM2008 icon_cool.gif

Damn SZJ latest tactic is awesome! I never got pass Man Utd by 2 goals then suddenly 6-0 trashing against them...KUDOS to SZJ!

Originally posted by stevie_G_32201:

outs:

riise portsmouth 4,8m

aurelio zaragoza 2,5m

sissoko tottenham 4,8m

voronin portsmouth 4m

arbeloa getafe 1m

ins:

benaga 3,9m boca

losing 4-1 to sunderland after itanje thought he was a fairy. lost 2-1 to tottenham after reina done the same.

i did manage to make the champins league grop stages and get rangers psv and werder bremen i think it was not sure about bremen.

3 cb

2 mc

aml

amc

Upss sory again, forgot to post the reply...

What sissoko 4.8 million? Damn that bad business! U cant sell him for a cool 18M pound and buy Micah Richards at the same amount more or less!

CB - Barzagli,Breno,Kompany

MC - ??? I think u have enough quality there!

AML - Jeremy Menez

AMC - Rafeal Van der vaart (people's fav)

AMR - Stick with Babel! Wonderkid or Queresma

FC - Adriano (buy early his cheap around 10M) and Mika Aaritalo (Spelling) cheap 50k

I do believe in tactic is your main objective, losing the likes of sunderland and spurs early seasons..... icon_confused.gif

Try to upload SZJ's tactic, try it and u'll be suprise! Good luck

Hey what's with the praising with SZJ's tactic, I got a tactic that I have been using for a couple of years now and the best thing is that it is consistant and will get you results and even better it will help you break records... oh and to turn Kuytie into a menace.

It's up on the tactics forum and it's based on the legendary Inter Milan 4132 made from Cleon

I'm surprised that no-one is using it from here a bit hurt here icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Dzul:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevie_G_32201:

outs:

riise portsmouth 4,8m

aurelio zaragoza 2,5m

sissoko tottenham 4,8m

voronin portsmouth 4m

arbeloa getafe 1m

ins:

benaga 3,9m boca

3 cb

2 mc

aml

amc

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ninny you're in deep **** because Aurelio and Arbeloa are good cover for Riise and Finnan so you will need to buy a RB IMMEDIATELY so get Christopher Samba for consistancy and bring up Insua from the reserves.

OH and find a good tactic!

Hey what's with the praising with SZJ's tactic, I got a tactic that I have been using for a couple of years now and the best thing is that it is consistant and will get you results and even better it will help you break records... oh and to turn Kuytie into a menace.

It's up on the tactics forum and it's based on the legendary Inter Milan 4132 made from Cleon

Wokey, i'll give it a try..hope Kuyt will be a menace....cause it just break my heart watching him on the bench... icon_frown.gif

Hey what's with the praising with SZJ's tactic, I got a tactic that I have been using for a couple of years now and the best thing is that it is consistant and will get you results and even better it will

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dzul:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevie_G_32201:

outs:

riise portsmouth 4,8m

aurelio zaragoza 2,5m

sissoko tottenham 4,8m

voronin portsmouth 4m

arbeloa getafe 1m

ins:

benaga 3,9m boca

3 cb

2 mc

aml

amc

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ninny you're in deep **** because Aurelio and Arbeloa are good cover for Riise and Finnan so you will need to buy a RB IMMEDIATELY so get Christopher Samba for consistancy and bring up Insua from the reserves.

OH and find a good tactic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you not read? i dont play wing back or right r left backs. i play 3 central defenders and i already trained insua for central defence

Upss sory again, forgot to post the reply...

What sissoko 4.8 million? Damn that bad business! U cant sell him for a cool 18M pound and buy Micah Richards at the same amount more or less!

CB - Barzagli,Breno,Kompany

MC - ??? I think u have enough quality there!

AML - Jeremy Menez

AMC - Rafeal Van der vaart (people's fav)

AMR - Stick with Babel! Wonderkid or Queresma

FC - Adriano (buy early his cheap around 10M) and Mika Aaritalo (Spelling) cheap 50k

I do believe in tactic is your main objective, losing the likes of sunderland and spurs early seasons..... icon_confused.gif

Try to upload SZJ's tactic, try it and u'll be suprise! Good luck

wel thanks fr the advice but i like to play my own tactics. but the season has got better now because i havnt lost a game since the 2-1 defeat at tottenham.

that means beating t "that small club up the road from anfield". i also beat rangers 5-2 in the champs league.

btw augero is insane he is my top scorer above torres and kuyt with 9 goals in 6 games torres 7 goals in 6 games kuyt has got 4 goals in 5 games.

wel thanks fr the advice but i like to play my own tactics. but the season has got better now because i havnt lost a game since the 2-1 defeat at tottenham.

that means beating t "that small club up the road from anfield". i also beat rangers 5-2 in the champs league.

btw augero is insane he is my top scorer above torres and kuyt with 9 goals in 6 games torres 7 goals in 6 games kuyt has got 4 goals in 5 games.

Well it's still early...be carefull with mid season where the likes of your star in a bad patch...torres couldnt score, kuyt? I havent tried that argentine wizkid(expensive).

With 3 CB? how can u cope Man Utd when there's C.Ronaldo or Giggs menacing the flanks? Is been a while seeing Liverpool with 3 CB...Istanbul.... icon_wink.gif

Good luck with ur management..

Tried it last nite..i guess my team not used playing in the formation yet...I'll give a try for the reserve and see what happen.. When using it I'm quite pleased with the way the team plays but lack of the cutting edge in attacking with SZJ's. I'm using this tactic for the away game as I'm having a hard time defending. Tweaked here and there might solve the problem...Maybe icon_wink.gif

Well guys...a final update (at least until i try Reds again after a while)...

Just finished my second season.

Summary:

I finished 4th in my 1st season and dodn't win any trophies.....reaches semi-final of ECL...

Second season, i finished 2nd behind Chelsea (who lost just 4 times during the whole season!!!!) That was an exciting season nevertheless....Didn't lift any domestic cups...but i won the Champion League against Valencia....!

Unfortunately...the board didn't renew ny contract.....so now...i' jobless....thought Greece offered me a job..and i took it...since i'm Greek....

I don't think, though, that i will continue with the same saved game....

By th way.....J. Defoe is an absolute monster...scores for fun !!!! Same goes for Saivet guys !

Now i'm thinking of changing Leagues....any advise ????? Should i go for a team in Spain...Germany...Italy....??????

and i need the advise ASAP guys..please...!

Well it's still early...be carefull with mid season where the likes of your star in a bad patch...torres couldnt score, kuyt? I havent tried that argentine wizkid(expensive).

With 3 CB? how can u cope Man Utd when there's C.Ronaldo or Giggs menacing the flanks? Is been a while seeing Liverpool with 3 CB...Istanbul.... icon_wink.gif

Good luck with ur management..

how do i cope with c.ronaldo and giggs? easy sir carragher agger and hyypia re p to the task and they always get help from maserchano alonso or lucas. and if you get the chance and have got the fee buy augero right now! right im off to play some more of my season! cya!

Hello guys,

This is my first post in this thread, although I have read it a lot and I'm a lfc supporter for some years. I was wondering what to do with some players. For example: what to do with kuyt and crouch, who has performed better for you? I can sell crouch for about 22m euros, should I do this? And how much should I get for riise and kuyt if I sell them?

Thanks in andvance for replies

Started a new one after I got sacked icon_frown.gif

I sold

Finnan for 4.2mil

Benayoun for 6mil

Voronin for 5.5mil

Hypia for 3.5mil

Crouch for 9.5mil

Sissoko for 13mil

Riise for 8mil

Pennant for 7.5mil

I signed

Quaresma (L/R Winger) for 14mil + 14mil after 24 months

Rocchi (Sp?) (Striker) for 15mil + 9mil after 24 months

Barzaghi (Centre Half)for 13.5mil

Radoi (Centre Half and Defensive Mid) for 2mil

Setana (Sp?) (Right Winger) for 4.75mil

My starting line up is...

Gk - Reina

Rwb - Arbeloa

Lwb - Aurelio (OverRated IMO)

Cb - Barzaghi

Cb - Agger

Dm - Mascherano/Alonso

Cm - Gerrard

Amr - Quaresma

Aml - Babel

St - Torres

St - Rocci (Sp?)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heavybass:

Tried it last nite..i guess my team not used playing in the formation yet...I'll give a try for the reserve and see what happen.. When using it I'm quite pleased with the way the team plays but lack of the cutting edge in attacking with SZJ's. I'm using this tactic for the away game as I'm having a hard time defending. Tweaked here and there might solve the problem...Maybe icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would give it a chance Dzul... but you will need to give it a few games as it is a new tactic OR you could check the tactic's thread and use the updated one that I managed to tweak myself, it has solved the Gerrard crisis and makes Torres and Kuyt into monsters.

However if you use it at the start of next season remember to do what I always do and that is arrange friendlys and tours.

how do i cope with c.ronaldo and giggs? easy sir carragher agger and hyypia re p to the task and they always get help from maserchano alonso or lucas. and if you get the chance and have got the fee buy augero right now! right im off to play some more of my season! cya!

Wow ur 3 CB not so fast can cope the speedy winger n the attack's??? Never manage to do so..they always out run them in the final quarter after playing 89 minutes brilliant defending...Man Utd with gung-ho tactics..they manage to equallize! Damn supicious on an off-side! That was using my own tactics! But I managed to beat them in CL semi final with 5-4 with a last minute winner...to the suprise winning the CL but a poor 4th place in the league!

Aguera....not so fond of south american player in the EPL...remember Veron? Mascherno is ok but his shooting rate... icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dzul:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heavybass:

Tried it last nite..i guess my team not used playing in the formation yet...I'll give a try for the reserve and see what happen.. When using it I'm quite pleased with the way the team plays but lack of the cutting edge in attacking with SZJ's. I'm using this tactic for the away game as I'm having a hard time defending. Tweaked here and there might solve the problem...Maybe icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would give it a chance Dzul... but you will need to give it a few games as it is a new tactic OR you could check the tactic's thread and use the updated one that I managed to tweak myself, it has solved the Gerrard crisis and makes Torres and Kuyt into monsters.

However if you use it at the start of next season remember to do what I always do and that is arrange friendlys and tours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll try the next season when i get sets of players to play in the system..meaning no more wingers? Retrain Leto as AMC....

By the way how do cope losing a goal down n the opposing site seems in ultra-defense mode..Tried Shooting outside the area...hitting my own player...play out wide crosses dealt by the def even having Crouch there...Damn hate losing 1-0 when u have the entire domination n they got 1 shot on target n a goal!

Fellas,

Have been using the latest version SZJ's tactic for my first season in chanrge of Liverpool. At least i think it is the most recent version, i got it from this thread.

At the beginning i sold Voronin, and brought in VDV, Barzagli and Jefferson Farfan.

My results have been patchy to say the least, but they are getting better as the players get used to the tactic obviously.

In the January transfer window, it had a season loss of £20mil and was in debt by £7mil. Damn the chairman taking £2mil a month!!!

So i sold Riise, Crouch and Alonso as they were not really needed and i needed the money

What i really need are some better / more attacking fullbacks, but everyone else seems to need them more than me HA HA..

At the moment the only person really scoring is Torres. Could anyone seriously using this tactic give me a run down of the stats that are really needed in each position, and maybe what tweaks people have been doing...

Many thanks in advance

Sarge

Wow ur 3 CB not so fast can cope the speedy winger n the attack's??? Never manage to do so..they always out run them in the final quarter after playing 89 minutes brilliant defending...Man Utd with gung-ho tactics..they manage to equallize! Damn supicious on an off-side! That was using my own tactics! But I managed to beat them in CL semi final with 5-4 with a last minute winner...to the suprise winning the CL but a poor 4th place in the league!

Aguera....not so fond of south american player in the EPL...remember Veron? Mascherno is ok but his shooting rate... icon_frown.gif

well every time i seem to play them carragher agger and hyypia are up the the task. and as for your prob when they always ivertaking do you play a deep defensiv line? that may be your problem try putting the defensive line a bit deeper. right im off now to watch man city v liverpool. hehe icon_biggrin.gif 3-2 liverpool my prediction! torres to score twice and gerrard hehe.cya

Originally posted by stevie_G_32201:

how do i cope with c.ronaldo and giggs? easy sir carragher agger and hyypia re p to the task and they always get help from maserchano alonso or lucas. and if you get the chance and have got the fee buy augero right now! right im off to play some more of my season! cya! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well every time i seem to play them carragher agger and hyypia are up the the task. and as for your prob when they always ivertaking do you play a deep defensiv line? that may be your problem try putting the defensive line a bit deeper. right im off now to watch man city v liverpool. hehe icon_biggrin.gif 3-2 liverpool my prediction! torres to score twice and gerrard hehe.cya

By doing so...u'll end up the midfield scores a 30 yard screamer!...well i guess it's must be how the AI generated the game. eventhough closing the mid doesnt always help... icon_frown.gif

Damn 0-0 with man city...that's bad!

jus played a crucial monnth in my campaign. i had "that small club up the road heheicon_biggrin.gif" chelsea, red nose fergies team all in the same month. the small club went down like a hot air baloon in the iceage. 3-0 chelsea took a bit of work and i only managed 1-0 with them but a win is still a win right? hehe

and im just abt to play mancs in 3 days time. and im lining up a move for berbatov in jan allready had an offer accepted with a plaer swap with crouch as he is doing nothing for me in my game.

Well have finally started FM 2008. Am just coming to end of September 2007 and am at the top of trhe league thanks to a gritty 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge and a great 3-0 result at Old Trafford.

Sold a number of players, including Crouch and Voronin and brought in Adriano from Inter to partner Torres up front with Kuyt as the first string backup. Torres is on fire, with Adriano not far behind him goal wise (Adriano 6 goals in 6 games). Believe it or not...... KUYT IS SCORING GOALS!!!! Had 2 games where he has scored a double. I was amazed to say the least.

My stats for my main strikers are

Torres - 35 goals

Kuyt - 20+ goals

Crouch - 10 goals

Voronin - 8 goals (Including title clinching goal against Reading at home ^_^)

Here's a shock for some and this shocked me and this is what you will need, I gave Spearing and Nemeth an appearance in the game since well I won the title already and I was content with a draw so round 85th minute Alonso gets a free kick, he shoots and Nemeth latches onto it and scores the winner and gets MOTM in the process.

this shocked me and this is what you will need, I gave Spearing and Nemeth an appearance in the game since well I won the title already and I was content with a draw so round 85th minute Alonso gets a free kick, he shoots and Nemeth latches onto it and scores the winner and gets MOTM in the process.

I was playing Man Utd at home as well.

my team goals are like this:

agger 1

hobbs 1

lucas 2

gerrard 5

renato augusto 3

babel 4

saivet 1

walcott 7

kewell 1

leto 1

augero 21

kuyt 30

torres 27

nemeth 8

walcott is on fire since his jan move nemeth has scored in all his 8 starts augero has been injured for 1 months thats why his score is so "low" and for all those pele who say kuyt couldnt hit a barn door? i got proof he can =]

Archived