Friday's All-Nighter - Make The Most Of A Friday

Just got a 2-2 draw away in the first leg against United in the CL quarters. Brilliant considering we had injuries to Fabregas, Marquez, Aquilani and Walcott. Ended up playing Ramsey and my 17 yr old regen in CM and it worked. Armand Traore even scored the equaliser... :p

Calling it a night, my Nvidia GTX 295 got delivered yesterday and inbetween firing up Crysis and seeing what its highest settings looked like and doing the same in Empire Total War and Company of Heroes ive spent hours upon hours playing FM.

My brain has gone on strike and it demands brainless FPS eye candy.

With that heres tonights results and my current standings

A 1-0 Aberdeen (spl)

H 4-0 Dundee United (spl)

A 2-0 Kilmarnock (spl)

N 5-1 Hibs (League cup Semi final)

A 2-1 Falkirk (spl)

A 3-0 Kilmarnock (Scottish cup 5th round)

A 4-0 Dunfermline (spl)

H 2-0 PSV (Europa cup 1st knockout round leg 1)

Phew...

Well im exceedingly pleased with Craig Gordons influence on my defence, hes far more restrained and the defenders seem to just work better with him, Hes conceeded a total of 2 goals in 900 minutes of football, and thats including cup games, league games and european games.

Im also very proud to say that my 1st homegrown regen has entered the 1st team and to my delight is playing realy realy well.

John Anderson

17 years old

AMC/AMR

3 senior appearances, 1 in the SPL with 1 assist, 1 in the cup games with 2 assists, 1 in Europe against PSV with 1 assist.

for an average rating of 7.6 in his 3 senior appearances (hes played 32 for my under 19's and reserves this year scoring 10 times with 18 assists).

SPL table

1st Rangers, played 24, 66 points

2nd Celtic, played 24, 59 points

3rd Hibs, played 25, 40 points

4th Falkirk, played 26, 37 points

League Cup final: Rangers vs. Celtic.

Scottish Cup Qtr final: Rangers vs. Hearts.

Top scorers:

Bogdan Stancu ST with 15 goals and 5 assists in 37 games.

Daniel Aquino AML/ST with 14 goals and 11 assists in 35 games.

Steven Davis MC with 13 goals and 15 assists in 35 games.

Leandro Gioda DC with 13 goals in 36 games.

Danko Lazovic ST with 11 goals and 4 assists in 28 games.

Dos Santos AMR/FC with 10 goals and 9 assists in 26 games.

John Fleck AML/FC with 10 goals and 16 assists in 26 games.

Good luck lads.

DougyM.

Well the thing with the Old Firm is that none of the other clubs have the ability to challenge you effectively...

Their stadiums arent as big so they make less money, their chairmen arent as well funded, their tickets are cheaper, they dont get european money (mostly) they cant realy attract any high profile players, so they have to rely on nurturing youth players... who end up getting bought by either the old firm or a championship team etc. etc. etc.

It took the likes of Alex Fergusson to break the dead lock between Rangers and Celtic.

FM's AI manegers arent as effective in buying for the future as a human player will be, for example ive ran a few saves on holiday mode just to see what will happen... and more often than not the AI managers of Celtic and Rangers sell their best players for very little money...

Ive seen John Fleck get sold for £4m to the likes of Everton or Aston Villa, Aiden McGeady getting sold for £5m to mid level EPL teams, Steven Davis sold for £4m to Aston Villa, Kevin Thomson to Newcastle for £2m etc...

Naturaly the actual players assuming the role of managing one of the old firm have a huge advantage in that they plan much better for the future...

As a result most of my enjoyment in managing Rangers in FM comes from playing Celtic and from trying to progress in Europe.

The Domestic game is very easy if you sit back and build up a solid team, you are near enough garaunteed 3 points if its a home game.

Of course... thats not going to be news for most people.

Playing my England game, just drew Chile 2-2 with a Ledley King header in the last minute, my first non win so far! My record so far is 13 wins and 1 draw. Won all 10 of my World Cup Qualifying matches, and my World Cup Group this year is DR Congo, Serbia and Japan. Wish me luck.
He won the Golden ball? All from corners I take it?

Yeah. He likes to do that for me. :S

All night, every night...3rd Shifter's run the world!

Just played round 11 of the 19/20 season, Bolton 1-4 Canterbury (my 3rd CB (on for an out-of-condition (94%) #1) scored a corners hattrick...) to take 1st at 27 +18 over Man U, who drew Man C (3rd) to go 27 +17. Next up is round 4 of the ECC, hosting Olympiakos in Group G, which we lead with 9 +4 over Racing at 6 +2.

Archived