Reading Football Club Thread

Adman10

I've been so busy with work at the moment that i've not played on FM in about a week lol.

Gonna go back on it in moment for a while, only played two games. Drew one 1-1 against Fulham and won against Bolton 4-1.

Didn't make many transfers, i just focused on staff upgrades, which the board are making a pain (4 coaching staff including Keepers and fitness coaches and they still think we don't need any more!!! icon_mad.gif )

But yea, gonna go back on it now. At this rate i might make season 2 by the time the next game comes out lol

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, transfer window just closed and i sealed a good week with a 4-2 win over Newcastle and a tough battle against Swansea in the League Cup. We won 2-0 but it took some magical free kicks from Marek Matejovsky to secure the win.

Players In

Joel Epalle 1.2mil from Bochum. Scout report was good so i thought i'd invest in him. I like to play wide football so he was a good choice.

Kikin Fonseca 4.6mil from Tigres I needed a good strong striker and i was surprised i got him because he's Mexican (Work Permit problems) but i got him first time so do check him out. Got me 5 goals in 3 games (1 hatrick)

And the one i was really chuffed about...

Lulinha 2.3mil from Corinthians I have to wait like everyone else till next season for him but to be honest, the bid for him was a random one when i was looking for some youngsters to boost my team. They accepted and so did he. Had no problems with the work permit either so its all good lol.

Theo Walcott Season Loan from Arsenal As i said before, i like to play the wings and his pace and ability in the future could be very important to the team. He hinted towards a permanent place so with a bit of luck and if he performs for me i might be able to blow my entire budget on him next season lmao... or maybe not. If i make it into Europe then i might do.

Players Out

I let a few of my reserves go because i wanted to trim the wages to make some more room in the budget but there was one significant loss.

Kevin Doyle 10.4mil Spurs He kept getting bids made for him and after weeks of telling teams to get their grubby hands off he eventually handed in a transfer request and said he needed to move to a bigger club. Jokes on him cause i'm gonna win the league Mwahahahaha!!.. icon_cool.gif

I wasn't too upset at his loss because he wasn't playing too well and Lita is doing a good job supporting Fonseca in my 4-3-2-1 formation.

I'll come back with a mid season update at Christmas but on our current unbeaten form of 3 games i reckon we should be in the top half, maybe a European spot if we can beat the big teams too cause we've had an easy run in so far. Derby and West Ham to come too so i can smell another 6 points!

Guest Daniel Bartlett

a good player to buy for reading would be charlie mulgrew from wolves after some development he turns out to be a great signing.

oi oi ginger roy

NIce signing in kirklnad has been absolutley ace for me cant fault him at all, would like to know what zarate is like havent had any experience??

R-Dizzle

Nice signing in epalle how is he for u was brill for me can really bang in goals up front, lulinha nice i have got him in my res but im sure hell break through soon, walcott was at newcastle 1st season and he was brill for them, doyle bit gutted but these things happena he is not doin good at all for me in 2010/2011 im thinkin of seelin him he just cant score like 10 games 1 goal not good

Knap

What positions you looking for? which version u playing on?

How annoying is this Spurs went down so i thought ill dip straight in there so first sights on briand so i said im interested and he said he would be onyl if we agreed a price and i bid up to 23m and nothing so im gutted and to be honest they dont have anything else worth taking

Another thing i have the chance to sign mancienne for 12m is he worth it anyone with some experience?

Or anybody know of some qaulity CB's im in season 2010/2011?

Yea, Epalle has been great for me. 1.2mil he cost me and the fans love him. They're saying that for the price i paid and considering his performances he's been an excellent piece of business lol.

I was gutted about Doyle cause he had done really well in the early friendly matches. I tried to sell Lita in the pre-season and nobody wanted him, he took it badly but his performances went amazing so he took the underperforming Doyle's place lol. In result of that Doyle started complaining and when Spurs and Newcastle started knocking on my door and he got wind of it and before i know it he was upset and didn't play well. Lucky for me i had signed Fonseca and he was playing a blinder.

In my past games Lulinha hadn't really dished up the goods or lived up to his hype from the forums but i still get him if i can cause his PA is always different so i might get lucky this time lol. If not i can make a bundle off him when he gets older.

Got Utd and Chelsea respectively without an injured Fonseca, Sonko and Shorey who got injured again on me lol icon_eek.gif

Well season 4 is over and all round has been a shocker to say the least, I came 15th in the league when i expected Euro, i got to 3rd of league cup and 6th round of fa caup and that was it what a absolutely shocking season im well well hacked off everyone was awful no one performed well or even got near their expectations, i couldnt score when i did i conceaded it was just a shambles to say the least

Januray 2010/2011 transfers just to update:

IN-

Markus Rosenborg - ST £16m soent my last cash on him to save me and didnt do a thing massive waste

Eduardo Ratinho - DR - £4m a really good buy did ok not brill

Only person to do well all season was Gustavo my young brazilian GK he was brill for all his efforts cant fault him but that was it Doyle was nothing of what i expected it seems gone are litas goal scoring days and jimenez and reo-coker were shocking all season

So as you can guess am well hacked off with it really gonna play my man utd gae for a few days and then start it up again when fury settles down and tactical man kicks in LOL think a clear out maybe in order, anyways lets here some updates people

Originally posted by Adman10:

So as you can guess am well hacked off with it really gonna play my man utd game for a few days and then start it up again when fury settles down and tactical man kicks in LOL think a clear out maybe in order, anyways lets here some updates people

Don't give up adman :-)

Its all part of the fun of being a Reading fan....

Im still in pre-season on season 2 mainly cos i've been working hard and too knackered to play in the evenings but will get through a large chunk of the season this weekend (i promise)

Anyone else fancy giving an update?

Oi Oi Ginger Roy

U get anywhere at the weekend?? I started again yesterday and basically i had so much comin in on frees i got a bit crazy and spent some time just going through all my players and sorting them out as i had loads of reserves basically young guns i bought so i have gone through sold and not really lookin to bring anyone in at all, main transfer out is probably lita to bolton for 3m coach said he was championship level and he has been playing shocking for me will put actual in and outs on later, oh im lookin at clint dempsey anybdoy got any advice on him? hes 28 now

CHRISTMAS UPDATE TIME

Ok, just got to my Christmas break after a mixed start to the first season. We have been lethal at home. We've had some stunning 4-1 3-0 wins at home however our away form is something i'd expect from a championship team. I have no idea whats going on there because i don't change my tactics.

We had a few bad results, went out to Everton 4-1 in the league cup (Away) and we lost to a over performing Arsenal 4-3 (We came back from 4-0 down at half time so i was very happy as our 3 goals doubled their conceded tally for the season lol) We also came back from 2-0 agaisnt Utd at home to be 3-2 up on the 89th min only for that son of a ***** Ronaldo to smash one off the post. I love the guy but i hated him last night lol. Lita was amazing in that game.

My supporters have been crying out for more support up front so i spent 6mil on Guilerme (Or however you spell it lol) He's not played yet, and i also bought a fast winger from Racing on a free. Said he was an amazing signing so i went for it. Nothing lost cause he's free lol.

I signed Kuszhak from Utd on a 3 month loan cause all my keepers got injured. He was pants, kinda saw it coming tho as i'm a utd supporter myself so i knew what to expect lol.

Star Players so far have been Kikin Fonseca, Joel Epalle and Lita (When he wants to play)

Under performers so far have been our captain Murty and Convey both consistently getting 5-6's in their matches.

Lets hope we can improve on our 8th position and fight for a European spot late into the season.

Oh and Adman, keep up the good work. Its more fun when you end up fighting for survival i think. I'm so used to winning with Utd so this is great fun

Well i kinda got murked by myself!

It was end of the 1st season that i put the bid in for Kirkland - got accepted, he agreed the wages etc and i confirmed the transfer. Now i set this to "end of season" thinking it would be end the season just gone but instead the transfer now wont go through until July 2009 (im in 2008) grrrrr!

So as i didn't want to buy another i managed to loan in Ben Foster from Man Utd - decent keeper but i doubt he'll wanna sign full time for me.

My starting XI for the new season is:

---------Foster

Roseiner Sonko Cisse Shorey

Hunt Asharvin Matejovsky Convey

---------Zarate

---------Doyle

I need a new right winger though as Hunt isn't one!

George

Def give it a go great fun will be pullin your hair out at times but good fun, which patch you playing on?? i have to second oi oi here and get a right mid rapid and personally a new left winger and CM to be honest but if no money then loans is always a try walcott should be available and is always class

A good right winger is Joel Epalle. I got him for 1.2 mil and he's been great down the wing. He's 29 at the start of the game.

You don't really need a left winger as Hunt and Convey are pretty good but if you really want one then i'm sure someone else can recommend you a good one. A good goalie would be Kirkland, everyone who has signed him has had nothing but good things to say about him. You do need a new keeper though. Scan the thread for some ideas if you need them

Gk - I agree kirkland is class i have him and he is absolutely brill but also try felipe from santos i think he is 3.6m release clause and is also class and only 19, if not try villar i signed him for about 3m and was again very reliable for me

RM - epalle is a class rm and good backup striker also try kalouda as u no good rm also maybe walcott on loan in first season is good very quick

LM - Try armenteros if using full database very good lm and very cheap

HOw much cash have u got? sold anybody?

Originally posted by Adman10:

Higgybaby

How the hell did u get £15m for harper? Good season so far then any star players for you?

Well, Harper was having a really good season, his avg. rating was 7.30 and Blackburn offered 15m for him, obviously I couldn't say no icon_wink.gif.

I must say that I'm really amazed about my first season with Reading, everything works very well and the team is really overperforming.

Players are gelling well togheter and now I'm having fun with the game again.

Unexepected season finale...

2457402900103394562S600x600Q85.jpg

Thats amazing because kitson was shocking for me and everybody i knwo who used him so your lucky and i do agree that yes the team does gel well hows the back four been for u always eems a good point for them?

Congrats on finishing 3rd i managed it second season but 1st season thats immense dude

I'm not using a four men backline, very boring for me, I needed a new challenge so I play with 3 central defenders.

This is my central def (I had to use him cause Sonko started injured, but he perfomed so well that I could not put him on the bench)

2467214440103394562S600x600Q85.jpg

Originally posted by SCIAG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by higgybaby:

I'm not using a four men backline, very boring for me, I needed a new challenge so I play with 3 central defenders.

This is my central def (I had to use him cause Sonko started injured, but he perfomed so well that I could not put him on the bench)

2467214440103394562S600x600Q85.jpg

Cisse's a real player, as is Kitson, so there's no need to take screenies icon_wink.gif. I suggest you drop Sonko althogther. Ingimarsson, Pearce, Bikey and Cisse are all better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your advice, I just upload them to show their performances for my team icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by GeorgeCOYR:

Kalouda is a great buy especially for the money and a damn good RW, hows the GK and LM hunt goin?

Not Good Eneyma (sp) Does Not Want To Come. Any Other Ideas?

And Left Mid I Got Piatti And Mihleic

Kalouda is still young but performed very well in hi first year for me, instead i used Piatti as a creative central midfielder, while Mihelic is great on the wing, expecially if you ask him to put crosses into the box.

The keeper is becoming a big trouble also for me, tried to sign Fabianski, but arsenal asked me something like 27 mil, almost the same for Lloris.

No way to take them, now I'm thinking about Kirkland.

Now there is the big challenge of the champions league and I need to buy some English players to respect the rules of this competition, but unfortunately the only english player that would be a useful add to my team, apart from Kirkland, are too expensive and I can't afford them.

So I'll had to buy some unexpensive but crap english players instead of some skillfull foreign players I've already found and shortlisted during this season.

Very, very annoying. icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by oi_oi_ginger_roy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adman10:

Higgybaby

How the hell did u get £15m for harper? Good season so far then any star players for you?

He's using Euros remember - so its about £12m (which is still a good deal) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's correct.

After an intense and expensive transfer market I'm ready to begin my second season:

In

Joe Hart 15 M

Preston Edwards 700m

M. Spiranovic 1,5 M

L. Cattermole 4M

Y. Hersi 6,25M

A.Silva 5M

L.Stevenson 3.7 M

M.Zarate 5,5M

Out

Rosenior 650m

Federici 750m

Little free

Oster free

Bennet 350

Kelly 300

Stack free

Wibran 240

Okay so after two rather easy seasons with my Arsenal save, I decided to take on a challenge with a club I liked and wanted to get to the position they deserve! \o/

Anyhow, after a brief glimpse at the team I had, I jumped right into the transfer market, selling a few players for bargain fee's but also bringing in players I felt were needed for the formation I wanted to work. Right now after a slightly hectic transfer window, my team is set but still pretty light with little to no cover if a injury crisis should suddenly strike.

Anyhow, down to the actual work.

Transfers

So as you can see ive brought in four new signings (two on loan) well only sold two. Not that hectic I hear you say, well yeah it wasn't as bad as I said but I had to beat off a fair few clubs for the players I did get. Im also not exactly finished with what, about two-three weeks left in the transfer window. Im bringing in another midfielder by the name of Alex from Santos for £1.1m which should give me the cover that I want.

Anyhow, onto the other things of note, this is my team, formation and the result from the first game of the season against Tottenham.

Current Team

Current Formation

First Game - Away

Season 2 is still yet to get in full flow - im sitting fairly nicely in mid-table and have changed my formation to a more attacking one this season (4-4-1-1) Zarate is a quality player sitting behind Doyle upfront - still need a new right winger but at the moment Hunt is covering well.

How's everyone else' season going?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived