Reading Football Club Thread

Adman10

Just started as the Royals, determined not to let my team get relegated like they did IRL!

Signed Landon Donovan as arshavin was too expensive. I'm probably buying oswaldo sanchez because hahnemann never cuts it for me. Piatti, gioda and buonanotte should be coming, but ly if i can get kalouda on the cheap, because i refuse to ever play Oster on right wing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Simmed a season, and started on the second season.

Then decided to become Reading manager.

In the first season, Reading had came 5th in league. Therefore gaining a UEFA Cup spot =D, and in doing so, a hell of a lot of money.

Computer Signed Gerardo Torrado, Sergio Santana and Tranquillo Barnetta.

And Due to Manchester City getting relegated =|

I Managed to sign Elano, Bentley (Transferred in first season), and Dunne, on the Cheap =], Got Dunne on a p/ex for Lita. Elano for 10m, and Bentley for 5m.

Signed Kazenga LuaLua on a free, Thiago Motta on a free, Mathieu Flamini on a Free, Brought Steve Sidwell back on a free. Hugo Viana on a free, Igor Duljaj on loan, Ludovic Giuly on loan, Duda on a free, Zarate for 2.5m, Gamst Pedersen for 5m (Transfer Listed :O), Javier Chevanton for 1m, Salihamidzic on a free, Woodgate for 7.5m, Leon Andreasen for 2.5m, Afonso Alves for 5m, Lassana Diarra on a free, Oleg Husyev for 2m, Joleon Lescott for 5m (Transfer Listed =O), Niko Kranjcar on loan!, Ricardo (Betis one) for Free and Darijo Srna on loan too

Had a 50m Transfer Budget, and after selling pretty much everybody i didn't want. I managed to buy Niko and Darijo, And Also got Tomasz Kuszczak...

Altogether quite a good squad, 7th in league, just lost my 9 match unbeaten run to arsenal. However I Qualified for the UEFA Cup group stages.

And i have Juventus, Feyenoord, Lille and Vit. Setubal in my group, And Newcastle in the Fourth Round of League Cup

I'm In October... Will keep you posted =]

Im also in the second season, though i managed from the first. Cavani has now got 28 goals in 26 games in the prem and everybody is interested. it's the same with piatti, i had to turn down a £30million bid from Milan though because i couldn't find any replacements.

Am 6th at the moment after 25games, and am unbeaten at home, beating man utd 4-1 liverpool 5-0 and chelsea 3-2!

I still have the defence of shorey - sonko - bikey - rosenior and they seem to be playing as though world class players! Very pleased with my progress and hopefully will make it into the UEFA cup this year and have a bit more money to splash out on players next year

Early January Update =]

Brought in James Vaughan (on loan, Will probably sign him at the end of the season). Also got Angelos Charisteas, Who is on fire! 4 goals in 2 starts (2 subs), and also brought Miranda from Man City in on a free (Mutual consent thing)

Managed to make it through my group stage in UEFA Cup,

Beating Feyenoord 4-1

Vit Setubal 4-2

Juventus 2-1

and Lille 3-0

Got Panathinaikos in UEFA Cup 1st round knockouts, if i win, i face either Anderlecht or Juventus.

Knocked out of League Cup by Newcastle, Then Thrashed them 3-1 in the league.

Huddersfield in FA Cup

4th in league.

On A 15 match unbeaten run.

All seems well, and i'm over-achieving

Beginning of season 3 update:

Sold piatti for £30 million plus £10 million for next int app and 50% sell of clause, which cleared the way for jimenez (£8mill) rosina (£27 mill) and bellaid (£8mill) as i already had a £29 mill transfer budget.

First Team:

GK: Enyeama

DR: Rosenior

DC: Bellaid

DC: Bikey/ Sonko

DL: Shorey

MR: Bellushci

ML: De Ceglie

DM: Pizarro

CM: Jimenez

AMC: Rosina

ST: Cavani

Subs:

GK: sanchez

Cisse

San Roman

Gavish

Fae

Buonanotte

Harper

Stancu

Doyle

I think this team is probably good enough to get back into Uefa cup possibly champions league

Originally posted by Jaketomsett:

Beginning of season 3 update:

Sold piatti for £30 million plus £10 million for next int app and 50% sell of clause, which cleared the way for jimenez (£8mill) rosina (£27 mill) and bellaid (£8mill) as i already had a £29 mill transfer budget.

First Team:

GK: Enyeama

DR: Rosenior

DC: Bellaid

DC: Bikey/ Sonko

DL: Shorey

MR: Bellushci

ML: De Ceglie

DM: Pizarro

CM: Jimenez

AMC: Rosina

ST: Cavani

Subs:

GK: sanchez

Cisse

San Roman

Gavish

Fae

Buonanotte

Harper

Stancu

Doyle

I think this team is probably good enough to get back into Uefa cup possibly champions league

Nice Squad! Perhaps a different right back though? I Have Ryan Taylor and Husyev rotating. How is stancu doing? Also is that oswaldo Sanchez?

Easily Capable of UEFA Cup, i won it in season 2 with my reading team

I've just posted my squad in the ''rate my team thread'' then i noticed this one so i shall post it here too.

Reading, Second Season @ in the championship.

Goalkeeper: Dean Gerken

Wing Back Left: Chris McCann

Wing Back Right: Liam Rosenior

Centre Bsck: Ibrahima Sonko

Centre Bsck: Claude Davis

Defensive Midfielder: Andre Bikey

Centre Midfielder: James Harper ©

Centre Midfielder: Joe Ledley

Attacking Midfielder Left: Stephen Hunt

Attacking Midfielder Right: Kevin Doyle

Striker: Craig Beattie

Sub One: Danny Shittu

Sub Two: Emerse Fae

Sub Three: Marek Matejovsky

Sub Four: Bobby Convey

Sub Five: Dave Kitson

Others:

Goalkeepers: Graham Stack, Adam Federici

Defenders: Sam Sodje, Graeme Murty

Midfielders: Brynjar Gunnarsson, Jem Karacan, James Henry, Aaron Ramsey

Strikers: Shane Long, Sam Vokes

Budget Left: Around £8million.

I started off with N.I but after narrowly missing out on the Euros i decided i'd join a club team once the season had finished, Reading had finished 19th first season & Coppell had been been sacked so i applied and next thing you know im the manager of Reading icon_biggrin.gif ..

Having had a look at the squad i was happy with what i had so i didnt need many new signings i didnt think.

I had wanted to keep Leroy Lita but he requested a move and i maanged to get around £5million for him, same with Nicky Shorey i got £8million for him.

Well after my first three games of the season im doing quite well.

Norwich (H) Drew 2-2

Sheffield United (A) Won 2-1

Cardiff (H) Won 4-0

Hey jesus1301, i had a good season up until the two most important games. Semis of the UEFA cup and i lost to Tottenham, on away goals to a last minute totally offside goal.

Last gAme of the season also against Spurs, 3-1 up and they scored 2 goals in 91 and 95 minute and i finished 7th instead of 4th.

So just Euro Vase for me! Shame about UEFA cup as i know i could have won it!

Stancu however, was brilliant with 35 goals in 48 appearances and yer it is oswoldo sanchez though i just released him.

I may go in for ryan taylor as he's available for about £6 mill

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thought I'd post seeing as no one has for a little while now.

Just started a new game with Reading as this forum pumped me up icon_cool.gif

Im in mid july and have only signed Jerko Leko for 3mil which I think is a bargain considering I have no right mids.

Anyone got any cheap buys that would help out?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished my first season with Reading. 4th place and a Champions League spot!!!!!!!!

The highlights include a league double over Liverpool (I won 3-2 at Anfield on the opening weekend of the season) and a huge 5-1 home league win over eventual champions chelsea.

Wagner Love was sensational with 30 goals in 30 starts. My steals of the season had to be Fabio Aurelio for under £1m and Gregorz Bonin at £500,000 or so.

Jimenez and Enayema added for the next season. Onwards and upwards!

reeadingseasononeleague.jpg

readingtransfers.jpg

chelasea5-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't put an update on here for a while. In my 4th Season now and with 3 games to go i'm 3rd, two points of Man U and Man City, although they play each other and man u play Chelsea so i can still win the league as i have 3 easy games. I lost in the final of the league cup 3-2 to Spurs, but am in the semis of the UEFA CUP against Juventus, although they have an amazing squad.

I'll post screenies later, as i can't now.

And congrats to Creppin, thats pretty impressive for a first season, and if i'm right you'll have quite a bit of money for next season as well. Good luck.

Ok an update.

Finished my second season in a respectable 5th place, thus not repeating my Champions league qualification of the previous season.

Knocked out of the League cup in the 3rd round, board unhappy.

However.............................made the champions league Semis, losing out to Manchester Untied over two legs. The highlight of the run was beating Milan in the San Siro in the last minute of the Quarter Finals!

And FA Cup winners. What a final! 2-0 up, and then pegged back to 2-2. Eventually drew 3-3 but beat the mighty Liverpool on pens.

Currently trying to hang on to Enaeyma, Utd have offered me £25m!

First time i've ventured into this forum but would like to post my current team for Reading.

Background.

Using the weegie update and a challenge i had set in the Challenges thread. I took over at Reading in December where they were 11th. The challenge for me and other posters was to achieve the media prediction of 2nd, or the highest position you could gaining points for every place above 11th. That was achieved. Now in my 3rd season with Reading i am sitting top of the Premiership by 4 points to Arsenal and Man Utd are a further 2 points behind.

My current team is this...

GK Isaksson (Free, PSV)

DR Hoyte (2.6m, Arsenal)

DL Halmosi (2m, Plymouth)

DC Lugano (Free, Fenerbahce)

DC Bikey

MR Nakamura (Free, Celtic)

ML Kalou (3m, Chelsea)

MC Tymoschuk (4m, Zenit St Petersburg)

AMC Arsharvin (10m, Zenit) - Played 92 Scored 64 Assists 38

ST Kerzakhov (4.5m, Dinamo Moscow)

ST Goitom (4.2m, Celta)

Subs

Lee Camp, Chris Gunter(Loan), Cisse, Digard, Ekotto, Adrien, Milner, Edu, Merida, Doyle, Golbourne, Bernardo, Ramsey, Barkroth, Aquino, Dalla Valle, Rui Fonte, Long, Wilshere.

Looking to improve DC, DL and MC over the summer depending on finances from my league position i achieve. Hopefully 1st place. I have 12 games to go. Probably Wendel at LB, Apam as a covering D R/C and Hamsik at MC.

Will report how things end this season when complete.

End of season 4 and my first trophy came along in the Premier League, although i was only top of the table for 2 games, Man Utd and Man City dropped points as i anticipated against other 'big four' sides, meaning i won on a total of 81 points. I can't seem to post screenies for some reason, but i will when i can.

I went out in UEFA cup to Juventus, and lost in the final of the League cup to Tottenham

This is my squad for next season:

GK - Enyeama

DL - Rubin

DR - Andreolli

DC - Mancienne

DC - Bellaid

DM - Hamsik

DM - Poulsen

AMC - Jimenez

AMC - Wijnaldum

AMC - Belluschi

FC - Cavani

Subs:

Enyeama

Musacchio

Bikey

San Roman

De Ceglie

Bernardo

Buonanotte

Galvan

Saivet

Stancu

Huntelaar

I feel this team very capable of repeating last season with hopefully a good performance in the champions league.

Reading 2009/10 EPL

Predicted - 13th

Finished - 1st

Transfer Budget - 14mil(after adjusting)

Transfers

I've assembled a fairly good squad but didn't think it was that good to win the league. Squad/Stats

Stars Players - Arsharvin Goitom Kalou

Finances

Next season I will aim to repeat this feat but will look to get as far in Europe as possible. Major strengthening is needed in a few positions.

Reading 2009/10 EPL

Predicted - 13th

Finished - 1st

Transfer Budget - 14mil(after adjusting)

Transfers

I've assembled a fairly good squad but didn't think it was that good to win the league. Squad/Stats

Stars Players - Arsharvin Goitom Kalou

Finances

Next season I will aim to repeat this feat but will look to get as far in Europe as possible. Major strengthening is needed in a few positions.

Thats ace mate how did u play arshavin? doesnt seem to be ever any good when ive tried him?? Do u still have any reading originals left?

Thats ace mate how did u play arshavin? doesnt seem to be ever any good when ive tried him?? Do u still have any reading originals left?

Play AMC with a forward arrow, basically let him do what he wants. Play to his strengths. Thats 70 goals in 102 games in 3 seasons.

Got Bikey and Doyle left in the first team, theres players like Long and Matejovskiy in the reserves. Thats about it.

Signed a number of players so far over the summer...

Hargreaves 4.6m

Trejo 8.25m

Guilherme 5.75m

Ustari 4.1m

Wijnaldum Free

Kramer Free

and a few other reserve players

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, have just finished my 3rd season.

For the second season in a row, I made the Semis of a European Comp. Last year it was the Champions League, this year I was knocked out on away goals by Roma.

I finished 3rd in the league, but did not repeat my FA Cup winning success of the previous season. (My league positions have been 4th, 5th, 3rd - with an increase in points each season)

Star man was again Wagner Love who scored an incredible 37 goals in 42 games. Mauro Zarate contributed 23 goals 14 assists, Jimenez 11 goals and 30 assists and Arshavin 19 goals and 16 assists.

I have taken Kmz tactic, and built 3 variations for my team. One a short passing home version, one a direct counter attacking version, and one a defensive counter attacking version.

Onwards and upwards to season 4!

lineup.jpg

league.jpg

Jimenez.jpg

arshavin.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just got into my second season of the game after winning Euro 2008 with England (Don't ask how lol). My team was a changed up a little from the manager before me and left me with a half decent team with 30m to spend. I was a little weak up front for strikers Kitson & Lita had a terrible season before and had both been placed on the transfer list so i decided to bring in a few players that can fill the gap up front.

readingto8.jpg

Transfers in:

Raul Bravo 2.3m

James Vaughan 23m

Scott Sinclair Free

Hilario Loan

Transfers out:

Dave Kitson 10.5m to Liverpool

Leroy Lita 2.3m to Watford

Lee Naylor 3.7m to West Ham

Dickson Choto 4.2m to Torino

James Henry 2.1m to Sheffield United

I'm not very far into the season but heres what's happened so far:

Results:

Reading 2 - 1 Tottenham

Reading 3 - 1 Everton

Reading 2 - 3 Sheffield United

Reading 1 - 2 Blackburn

Reading 2 - 1 Charlton (League Cup 2nd Round)

Reading 0 - 3 Newcastle

Objectives:

Season 1 - Avoid Relegation.

Season 2 - Mid-table Finish.

Season 3 - Finish 2nd or 3rd.

Season 4 - Win Premiership & FA Cup.

Ok decided i need a new challenge after spending a long game at Man City

I have the 8.0.2 patch and i have also got all the summer transfers and have put Reading, Derby & B'rum in the championship with Hull, Stoke and WBA put in the prem. Therefore i toned down Reading's reputation to give me a good game so here goes.

Summer start of first season

In:

Maciej Iwanski 3.8m (Zaglebie Lubin)

Daryl Murphy 325k (Sunderland)

Ched Evans Loan (Man City)

Kelvin Etuhu Loan (Man City)

Tim Krul Loan (Newcastle)

Out:

Leroy Lita 3.8m (Q.P.R.)

Ivar Ingimarrson 2.8m (Ipswich)

Adam Federici 1.3m (Lens)

Viktor Illugason 20k (Cardiff)

Jem Karacan Loan (Wycombe)

Dave Mooney Loan (Hayes & Yeading)

My First XI (4-4-2)

GK: Hahnemann

RB: Murty

CB: Cisse

CB: Bikey

LB: Armstrong

RM: Etuhu

CM: Iwanski

CM: Harper

LM: Hunt

ST: Doyle

ST: Long

Results so far (1.9.2007)

Scunthorpe 1-2 Reading

Brentford 0-4 Reading (League Cup)

Burnley 1-2 Reading

Reading 4-0 Plymouth

Port Vale 1-2 Reading (League Cup)

Competition: 2nd in Championship

Top Scorer: Kevin Doyle, 4

Most Assists: Jimmy Kebe, 4

Best Player: Kevin Doyle, 8.00

Ill post again in January (on the game of course!)

• 4 months later...

I am starting a new game and I am doing alright in the transfer market.

I have shipped out some players but decided to keep Doyle, Lita, Bikey, Sonko and maybe Ingimarsson.

I have found some nice players in most positions but I just can't find DC's who are better than what I already have and won't cost

4 million or more.

All young wonderkids I know refuse to come so they are out of the question.

And then I found 1 but I can't get a wp so that won't work.

The best i found was a player called Brian Mclean, but he isn't better than Ingimarsson, just cheaper wages and would take some time to adapt i guess. I want a defender with a bit of class and won't cost alot but there is none willing to come to Reading.

Miranda and ignasevish are just too expensive and vermalen just refuses to come.

Archived