Can anyone help HULL CITY?

I'm at my wits end! After trying 5 times to keep Hull City in the Premier League season 08/09, I CANNOT succeed.

Does anyone have any hints or tips to help me keep the team up? Even to finish 17th would be divine!

Thanks

I have a game with Hull where I finished 9th in the first season, 7th in the second season and 4th in the third season. So it's not like they're destined for failure. What signings have you made ? What formation/tactic do you use ?

I'll have to be fairly direct here..Spoonboy, have you played with a topclass team like Chelsea and won the title and the champions league at a canter? Playing with Hull is definitely much harder then playing with Chelsea. Furthermore when you take a side like Hull you have to spend more time planning a strategy which contains better teams and this can be especially hard. You'd need to have the right tactic for the right players.

Suggesting a tactic would be useless without having the right players to pull it off. If I had to start with a poor team. One of my starting tactics would probably be a 451. I would have a defensive one and an attacking version where there are two wide AMs and I WOULD STICK to that formation. Containment should be your goal, playing tight and aggressive in midfield and having a good solid targetman upfront to give your defense breathing room.

I was Hull and i came top half 1st season... its not impossible to do. I dont really like their players, i sold most of them... kept your obvious good ones, Giovanni etc... but i bought a whole new squad. Its really down to the players you bring in. I usually go for younger, hungry players... and obviously on the cheap as Hull aren't blessed with money!

I'm at my wits end! After trying 5 times to keep Hull City in the Premier League season 08/09, I CANNOT succeed.

Does anyone have any hints or tips to help me keep the team up? Even to finish 17th would be divine!

Thanks

Times when you could just pick up one tactic and win everything are long gone. In this game if you want to be succesful lyou have to change things relatively often. Watching fullmatches should help you to understand ME.

Hull is definetely one of the weakest side...so good starting point would be counter attacking football whatever the formation is (mentality 7-10, fast, direct, narrow, low closing down, tight marking). If you have right man you can use target man, don't give fullbacs forward runs (set them on rarely).

Remember this is just a starting point and you have to tweek things.

Against Stoke for example on home court I wouldn't play like this.

Playing with Hull is definitely much harder then playing with Chelsea. Furthermore when you take a side like Hull you have to spend more time planning a strategy which contains better teams and this can be especially hard. You'd need to have the right tactic for the right players.

...actually...my thought is whatever team you choose, dificulty is always SAME. I mean winning the league and CL with Man Utd is just like been 10th in Premiership with Stoke for example.

Same level of succsess.

no hits but i noticed it as well. i started a good few games now and ever time, EVER time thay go down

In my game they are 10th after half season (they were 7th few games ago)...

Archived