What annoys you the most about the game?

This thread is now my new 'rant' thread icon_wink.gif.

I hate it when players do things beyond their attributes. Opposition striker with 5 for crossing is under pressure from two of my defenders but somehow pings a perfect cross right onto the head of his teammate. The teammate with a heading attribute of 9 hits a bullet header right into the top corner from near the penalty spot. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

two things really annoy me, i'm man city btw,

1: i can never seem to beat chelsea no matter how well my team are playing or equally how bad chelsea are playing its almost a given i will lose against them.

2: even though i'm in the CL and challenging for the PL my good players always want to leave, really annoying!

I remember one of games as Toronto FC manager. The board took out a US$17 million loan to help with transfers. Only a couple problems:

(1) i can't allocate that to the wage budget because of the MLS salary cap

(2) i used up my DP slot

The board gave me money I probably wouldn't use and put the club in debt. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Having to answer about 100 messages, usually 60 on the first try, for loan offers for my players. And I have to do it again because teams like Derby bid on multiple players but they can loan only one at a time from me, and these players all agree to join Derby...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Khyron:

Having to deny that you're interested in a player...twice in a week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and thats the most annoying? get real makes it more realistc , how many times do you think clubs get asked about the same player in a week, once and then leave it at that, no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because something is realistic, doesn't mean it can't count as fecking annoying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rancer890:

I remember one of games as Toronto FC manager. The board took out a US$17 million loan to help with transfers. Only a couple problems:

(1) i can't allocate that to the wage budget because of the MLS salary cap

(2) i used up my DP slot

The board gave me money I probably wouldn't use and put the club in debt. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oof, money situation, hate them. I remember a game in CM 01/02 with Partick Thistle. Got promoted the first season, then disaster struck. The stadium had to be renovated, costs of 20 million, putting the club in a 17 million debt. And on top of that, they wanted me to achieve a respectable position. icon_biggrin.gif

what annoys me the most?

same sh/tty feeling about this game, year after year.

- I buy the game. wow it looks like they did some ql changes this year

- no, the game is tottaly flawed, I'll wait for the patch

- damn, I have to wait untill next year, maybe the game will be better

- same thing next year...

I love FM it's been with me for 15 years. but I guess it's time to say goodbye, well, probably untill next year. I'm hooked I know.

more seriously, IMO this game hasn't moved on for quite some time now. I'm not going to write what all the stuff that annoys me. it would be too long even to name all the ME issueses. I know this is only a game and that I might be perfectionist but after 2D match engine was introduced, IMO it didn't improve more then 10 %.

not to mention unrealistic transfer system, training, confidence, player attributes bug, interaction, team talkes... I could live with it if match engine was at least half decent. but it's not. it's just a little, little better then previous one.

it's a shame becouse I think this game and it's match engine really have the potential to be good. I guess it became SI's politics to give us just tinny little improvement every year, so we can't say it's the same game as the last one. just like every other computer games company.

what really made my face funny was when a 6-months injured player resumes full training with a nice little unh tag next to him, nagging about "feels he deserves a more important role", or "wants to play in more competitive games", or "ooow i'm a sorry little julio baptista" well, the latter seldom happens. even happened in the national team, injured, automatically out of squad, healed, "rejects to play second fiddle to anyone"... boo-hoo.

is it still the same?

one of my "favourites" is how ball is allways bounced to corner, when player tries to cross. no metter how far is the marking defender. it makes me allmost cry. it's like a mamuth or dinosauor is standing infront, not human.

also I believe matches are played with more then just 1 ball. waiting for ball, when you're 1 goal down in 90th min is very annoying.

for me the most annoying thing is when i make a maissive bid for a player i hugely want which is rejected by the club.. then a matter of weeks (often days!!) later another club bids for the same player at a much much lower price (often his face value) only for the offer to be accepted!! Annoy anyone else?

I hate it when my players bring the ball into the opposing half, and before they can move on a little bit further the opponents' players can punt the ball back to my half easily.

As if the opponents' players are so talented in aiming for the ball, they can kick it without fouling the player rushing at him. And after the ball is kicked back to my half, the opponent's striker is always at the end of the clearance to get the ball and counter attack.

And yet when the tables are turned around, my defenders are content to follow the opposing players around the pitch, without tackling or doing what the opponents can do so easily. I have set my tackling for my defenders to Hard, and yet they still don't seem to want to tackle!

Their creativity is set to low, by the way.

Archived