Premiership Struggle

Twice on FM09 i have been promoted with my beloved Ipswich. Tactics went really well and i was fully confident about facing the prem. My next year is a pure disaster as we get relegated in 20th going 25 games without a win and 13 games without scoring.

So i try again with Ipswich in a new save game. My team got promoted in 2nd place with 95 points and it was a great season. My tactics work perfectly and my defence and attack were brilliant. I am again confident to learn from my mistakes after having a better first season. I again find myself bottom of the league with some smaller teams doing better than me. I have the squad to finish mid-table but it just all falls apart.

I just wondered, do many people struggle after promotion into the prem in their first season or is it just my team losing it?

I wouldnt know mate, i am in my first long term save and i have managed to get bournemoth into championship but have finsihed 16th 15th and 14th so far and dont really look like getting promoted furhter, however, i would rather spend 5 years in championsip and stay up then yoyo like your ipswhich, so maybe dont get promoted first season and build a team first

I wouldnt know mate, i am in my first long term save and i have managed to get bournemoth into championship but have finsihed 16th 15th and 14th so far and dont really look like getting promoted furhter, however, i would rather spend 5 years in championsip and stay up then yoyo like your ipswhich, so maybe dont get promoted first season and build a team first

I was lucky enough to have lots of funds at ipswich and i built quite a good team in the first year. Its just in the prem we look like a different team

Look to buy youth and stay in the Championship for a few years building a well knit team then go up and stay up.

Failing that you could take charge of the mighty Norwich lol.

Good luck

I guess im going to have to take relegation. I feel i had great teams both times but the players just will not perfom how they use to. Its really disapointing because im worried im going to be the worst team in the prems history. I cant get a win againt any team

in my first premiership season with leeds i narrowly survived in 17th position 1 point above stoke city after that i built a reasonable mid table team that eventually won the league

now in 2020/21 season we are an unstoppable force

so to sum up i think if you survive the first season it's easier from there on

i also started as ipswich getting promoted 1st season and was quickly relegated, i then got promoted again the next season and changed tactics to a much more defense minded tactic with the 1st priority not conceding and then 2 priority scoring. I finished 17th, 15th and 16th before being offered the portsmouth job who had a tycoon in charge.

You have to remember that teams in the prem play differently to the championship and you will need to change your game accordingly

Archived