How to let your central midfielder get good ratings

I play football manager like hole my life. I can say that this football mag 9 is the most difficult one of all in the way to get all your players get good ratings. The results i get are good but the only thing i can't controll is that my 2 central midfielders get good ratings. I play a flat midfield with Man City. I play with a global mentality. passing short. with is normal. and tempo is quick.

Can anybody tell me what the problem is or maybe some instructions?

Thanks

I play football manager like hole my life. I can say that this football mag 9 is the most difficult one of all in the way to get all your players get good ratings. The results i get are good but the only thing i can't controll is that my 2 central midfielders get good ratings. I play a flat midfield with Man City. I play with a global mentality. passing short. with is normal. and tempo is quick.

Thanks

It's a known issue with 9.2.0 - central midfielders and attacking midfielders get slightly lower ratings than they should. It should be fixed in the upcoming 9.3.0 patch.

There's not really any way around it at the moment, unfortunately (except for moving your players to the DMC position for a few mins before the end of the game, but that's not much fun).

You could always try closing down often, direct passing and RWB often if they have half decent dribbling skills. Very often a manager will play his CM far too conservatively in an attempt to play ideal football, and ends up with a midfield that neither wins the ball nor aggressively attacks.

Thanks

The problem is your MCs are making very little KEY PASSES.

This is because their passing is set to short, so for them to make a key pass is difficult, as they are set to make a short and safe pass.

31150658kz9.th.jpg

Look at the photo. In this game, my MCs have not made any assists or scored any goals. However, they have ratings more than 7.0.

Btw, my MCs are Morgan Schneiderlin and Jack Wilshere.

They made at least 5 key passes.

Therefore, my conclusion is, there is nothing wrong with the ratings, its not bugged or wrong in any way. Its your tactics.

My central midfielders do fine. You just have to give them the chances to actually do the things which bump up ratings - which are mainly creating chances, creating goals and scoring. If you just play with a couple of holding midfielders then they will get average ratings because they're not doing much to justify anything else.

Besides if your team are winning who cares what ratings anyone gets?

Why is it so?

Because in your game, your MC rarely performs?

Well, he performs in mine :)

... Many, many managers have the problem with the RCM, and SI know about this.

I win pretty much all my games, but if my RCM doesn't get an assist or goal, then he'll get a high 5/low 6 rating. Always an anomaly in my team.

I, like many others, was having trouble getting my MC’s (yes, even the mighty Fabregas!) to perform well. However I did some thinking and playing around with settings and came up with instructions that let my MC get 7+ ratings almost every game. To do this I basically set Fabregas up as a deep lying playmaker (low/mid closing down, team + 2/3 mentality, mixed passing, through balls often, run with ball/long shot mix, fwd run mixed, free role). He now gets lots of assists, key passes etc, a few goals, MOM’s and good ratings. I’m not so sure anymore that this MC thing should be considered a ‘bug’ per se, more of a re-ranking of the role of the modern MC (ie not just getting lots of touches/recycling possession; but also making key passes, through balls etc).

I have my 2 normal MC's alternating - I have one with attacking mentality and forward runs on and the other is defensive and no runs - then on the tactics screen I use swap players

One defends while the other attacks and then they change - both get a rest during the game and condition rarely goes below 75%

The problem is your MCs are making very little KEY PASSES.

This is because their passing is set to short, so for them to make a key pass is difficult, as they are set to make a short and safe pass.

Therefore, my conclusion is, there is nothing wrong with the ratings, its not bugged or wrong in any way. Its your tactics.

Agree to that, MCs should do direct passing and through balls, cause they are the brain of the team. That will result in more mey passes and, eventually, in better ratings for your MC :thup:

Archived