number of "ethnic" youth team players???

Originally posted by Reda:

this whole thing is absurd.

i've gone through several seasons and the youth team players that come through often have unusual names, different skin tones and second nationalities.

you forget that the UK is actually only 10% non-white, whether there happen to be loads of black players in the england team at any one point or not depends entirely on current form and whether a good crop of youngsters came from a particular academy in a highly ethnic area. i point to the current crop of non-white england players, many of whom came from Senrab in the East End. if, for example, Wallsend in Newcastle had a good crop over a period, most of our England players would be white as it's a predominantly white area in the North East.

QUOTE]

Hailing from Middlesbrough, i can tell you it is not a white area, cheap housing has made the ethnic population sky rocket in the north east.

For the benefit of the jobsworths on this forum, that was not meant as a racist comment

Some regens that are there in the Austrian league from the start:

Cemal Adem

Domenik Todorovic

Hubert Umit (my personal favourite, growing up must have been confusing for him! icon_smile.gif)

Kaya Kemal

Kurt Tekin

I'd use my imagination to think of a background story to justify why they are in the game but it just doesn't work! Finding random Brazilians in my u18 is okay. Finding these guys is just odd, they shouldn't be in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yalcin:

Some regens that are there in the Austrian league from the start:

Cemal Adem

Domenik Todorovic

Hubert Umit (my personal favourite, growing up must have been confusing for him! icon_smile.gif)

Kaya Kemal

Kurt Tekin

I'd use my imagination to think of a background story to justify why they are in the game but it just doesn't work! Finding random Brazilians in my u18 is okay. Finding these guys is just odd, they shouldn't be in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 of these 5 have Turkish nationality. Austria and Germany both have a sizeable Turkish population so I don't understand wahat your point is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nobby_McDonald:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

(and before too long Gabby Abongwhatever). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Abigschlongupawhore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HaHaHa icon_biggrin.gif

Archived