SI Customer service

If people have tried to contact SI directly via email and I have, and also got no response like I have then this may be why people come on these boards and have a rant. A forum is not the place to answer specific questions or resonded to comments as other people can air there views and this can add to frustration on the part of the person with the query. So for some moderator to brand people idiots is uncalled for for a discussion has not taken place just in an official capacity, I have asked for my money back in an email as it is now out of the 28 days return policy for the shop were I bought it, no response!. The game needing 2 patches in 3 months from release highlights that this game was not finished when sold, even though the testing for the game was supposed to be to a high level.

03-01-2009, 23:23 #15

Neji

Posts: 7,270 Re: Why the forums are so negative and what can be done to avoid that next year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can just imagine the back of the box now....

'FM 10 - We tried, but it's full of bugs!'

IMO - it isn't hype which causes all these problems - it's idiots. Thats the nature of internet forums though, especially one with such a massive userbase. If people learnt to post with a bit of sense then there wouldn't be pathetic bickering in every other thread and people demanding others are sacked, If it was a real life conversation between people and the makers, there wouldn't be half as much abuse.

Then when people are unhappy we are idiots. This is a remarkable view for a moderator!.

One more reason why this will be the last version I will buy.

If people have tried to contact SI directly via email and I have, and also got no response like I have then this may be why people come on these boards and have a rant. A forum is not the place to answer specific questions or resonded to comments as other people can air there views and this can add to frustration on the part of the person with the query. So for some moderator to brand people idiots is uncalled for for a discussion has not taken place just in an official capacity, I have asked for my money back in an email as it is now out of the 28 days return policy for the shop were I bought it, no response!. The game needing 2 patches in 3 months from release highlights that this game was not finished when sold, even though the testing for the game was supposed to be to a high level.

03-01-2009, 23:23 #15

Neji

Posts: 7,270 Re: Why the forums are so negative and what can be done to avoid that next year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can just imagine the back of the box now....

'FM 10 - We tried, but it's full of bugs!'

IMO - it isn't hype which causes all these problems - it's idiots. Thats the nature of internet forums though, especially one with such a massive userbase. If people learnt to post with a bit of sense then there wouldn't be pathetic bickering in every other thread and people demanding others are sacked, If it was a real life conversation between people and the makers, there wouldn't be half as much abuse.

Then when people are unhappy we are idiots. This is a remarkable view for a moderator!.

One more reason why this will be the last version I will buy.

From my experience on these boards, Neji is a very reasonable person. if you read the entire thread where you have taken that quote from (like i did) then you will see that there was a fair bit of pointless ranting and moaning rather than giving criticism (founded or unfounded) in a constructive manner. People who moan for the sake of it are basically idiots and are quite right to be referred to in that way.

If the game was acceptable on release or not is another issue that i dont want to get into. Its all about opinions. Some are happy with it, some accept it needs patches, some are not happy. No one will ever release a game where 100% of people are happy with it.

In fairness Neji people arent bickering necessarily because theyre idiots its because they are unhappy with the game they have paid for, they are perfectly entitled to this opinion.

For me, I was appauled when it first came out but 9.2 is better - not perfect but it is certainly playable

I don't equate a moderators post about the incessant trolling that takes place here to your issues in any way.

I disagree with your statement that the game wasn't finished when launched. Two patches is more than normal for most PC games and to do this has always been SI's policy, having listened to the issues their users have experienced - this isn't new and improves the quality of the game for most users, so it's unlikely to change in future.

The only place that can provide you with a refund is the store where you bought the game I'm afraid.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to PM me. Closed due to off-topic nature.

Cheers

Matt

Archived