When tinkering with your tactic

Do you change things straight after a match, do it midweek or just before the game?

I was just thinking that most folk will slightly change tatics depending on opposition/home or away.

Surley with the players in training in between games the best time if you are going to alter anything would be straight after you finish a match, so that your coaches get to drill into them what is required for the next match? For some really stupid reason this only popped into my head about five mins ago.....could explain why I aint been doing to well in ANY save on 09 yet!

Dont think I have seen this elsewhere, hence why I ask for others opinions!

I think you think I mean as in picking your team....I am on about your actual formation/tactics....I never pick my team line up until the actual game either.

No I knew what you meant. I don't change any settings until the day of the game because if I did and a particular player was injured I'd have to re-think the instructions etc for his replacement as its highly unlikely that I have 2 identical players. Pointless trying to set up before for me as I'm not 100% sure who's available and who's not, so can't adapt the settings until this point :)

No I knew what you meant. I don't change any settings until the day of the game because if I did and a particular player was injured I'd have to re-think the instructions etc for his replacement as its highly unlikely that I have 2 identical players. Pointless trying to set up before for me as I'm not 100% sure who's available and who's not, so can't adapt the settings until this point :)

Cleon, I imagine you were talking about single players settings, so you usually adapt them to the players you'll have on the pitch for that particular day.

Am I correct?

Cleon, I imagine you were talking about single players settings, so you usually adapt them to the players you'll have on the pitch for that particular day.

Am I correct?

Yeah. Or I'll want to play a certain way if my star striker is injured and I've only a small squad. If the best player is injured then you need to change lots of things imo as the heart of your team as been ripped out.

Speaking from a none top4 sides view.

Yeah. Or I'll want to play a certain way if my star striker is injured and I've only a small squad. If the best player is injured then you need to change lots of things imo as the heart of your team as been ripped out.

Speaking from a none top4 sides view.

Ok, but doing so, these change could have some influnce on other players individual settings of your team.

Do you tweak their settings too?

Ok, but doing so, these change could have some influnce on other players individual settings of your team.

Do you tweak their settings too?

Indeed yeah. It all depends really on how strong I see my team compared to the oppositions. I'll be going into some real depth about this in the coming days in the Sheffield United Project thread :)

Indeed yeah. It all depends really on how strong I see my team compared to the oppositions. I'll be going into some real depth about this in the coming days in the Sheffield United Project thread :)

Thanks for your answers Cleon, I read your Sheffield United thread and from what I read so far I saw that you're not changing anything (you're playing with a default tactic) from match to match, so the reasons should be you know that your team is nearly always better than the opponent you're going to face.

I'm interested cause I have a different approach to the game, I never tweak my players instructions for different matches, no matter if I have to sub one of my player, I want them to perform the same actions ( of course I tweak team general settings like tempo d-line etc..) and this works for me.

All this things show clearly, imo, that the game let you reach your aim (win!) in very different ways.

There are many ways to play and have success yeah. My second season will be completly different compared to the first one as I'll be changing things game by game to try and win the league first time around lol.

There are many ways to play and have success yeah. My second season will be completly different compared to the first one as I'll be changing things game by game to try and win the league first time around lol.

I know you already did it last year Cleon, so you could repeat that, of course you can't make mistakes, you need to have the right players and so on, it will be a pleasure to follow your journey.

I did my best winning the league with my Plymouth side in my third yeard, I hope you will do better! :thup:

I hope there will be space for some tactical discussion in your thread too, so people struggling could learn that good decision making could lead everyone to success.

Archived