fm07 Rics Sunday night clan-A new beginning[Established Clan]

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

raith2hy1.gif

Inverness were beaten 3-3 after Extra time in a replay in the last 16 of the Scottish Cup. Raith will now play Andys Airdrie in the quarter Final for a place in the semi Final. Is it possible that either Airdrie or Raith could qualify for europe next season?

icon14.gif

raith2hy1.gif

Raith finished the season in 2nd Place and again face the challenge of the play offs. Raith are hoping that this will be the year they make it to div 1. The cup run ended in a 1-0 defeat to Airdrie in a replay.

icon14.gif

newnick3fd5.gif

All in all a fantastic season for East Stirlingshire.

We were tipped to be relegated at the beginning of the season which was further reinforced when the board only gave us 14K as our transfer budget, a scrappy first half to the season saw us go on a couple of half decent runs but always kept us close enough to the relegation zone that we were constantly in a dogfight, however the second half of the season saw us start to find some consistency at last and show some fo the form we had shown the previous season. With 5 games left we faced Berwick with the chance of leap frogging them into a play off spot for promotion, we won 1-0 and went on to convincingly beat Ayr and Raith in a bid to secure a play off spot, it came down to the final day with East Stirlingshire facing runaway leaders Dundee and needing a win to secure a play off spot. Our amazing final run in was just a little too much for the East Stirlingshire boys who lost a closely fought game 3-2 to Dundee and with Berick drawing we slumped out of the play off positions after giving it everything.

A number of good signings were made during this season including some 16 year old prospects that the fans were very excited about. 6-7 more signings that i am very excited about have put pen to paper and will be joining us in the summer on either free transfers or for nominal figures. The only downside is that young left back Robertson who had improved tenfold during his spell with us on loan from Celtic was snapped up by big spenders Ayr who paid 110K for him (More than 5 time our transfer budget icon_eek.gif ).

So hopefully next season we can emulate our over-achievement and maybe make a push for promotion if our signings gel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie 7:

Good to see this clan still going. I am trying to remember if this was the one i used to be in. If it was, it is brilliant.

Great reading, very enjoyable. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you use to be in Iain's clan, this not the same one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie 7:

Oh, sorry. Is that clan still going then ? That was a great clan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it sure is frankie, better know as the EUC icon_biggrin.gif

although the Scottish game moved to England and Iain the host has since quit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richard thomson:

Guys the new clan website is still a work in progress it can be found here Clan Webby </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still don't like that background on the main page! Buy the way, thanks for the nice easy intro session!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richard thomson:

The clan would like to wish Ben a Happy Birthday he turns 18 today ;-) hes now able to drink legally and vote \0/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope you had a good one Ben

eaststirlingsc7.gif

Ladies and Gents it is that time of year again...... PREDICTIONS!!!!!

Second Division

Ric, Ayr Utd

Ric has signed a couple of quality players this season and i believe this will help him possibly achieve a play off spot if he can find some continuity. Robertson was signed from Celtic after impressing while on loan at East Stirlinghsire and will give Ric a lot of options down the left hand side.

Prediction 5th - Just missing out.

Polo, Raith Rovers

Undoubtedly one of the favourites in my eyes, Polo has managed to build a very solid team during his time at Raith and last season on a few occasions he demonstrated exactly how good his team are capable of playing. If Polo can sort his connection out i truly believe he could possibly win this division with a little luck.

Prediction 2nd - Promotion via Play Offs.

Ad, Berwick Rangers

Ad has managed to sign about 50% of ALL the professional footballers in Scotland, he proved last season that his side are capable of upsetting teams and contending in the play offs. I think with the depth he has in his squad he will push for the play offs again this year, possibly just scraping in to them.

Prediction 6th

Paul, Stirling Albion

Paul enjoyed Promotion last season but can take no credit for it as he took over the team so late in the season, he has not yet managed to upset many players or sell any off which means he could possibly stay up and then build for next season icon_razz.gif

Prediction 8th

Me! , East Stirlingshire

An exciting season lies ahead for East Stirlinshire, one of the smallest clubs in the division, extremely low transfer kitty, but high on confidence after a great season last year. We have added a lot of new faces this year, quality players signed on bosmans, and our Parent club Celtic have sent us 3 very classy players for the season on loan. I genuinely believe we will be over looked as a threat too many teams which could work to our advantage as rivals Stirling found out on the opening day, 6-1 Win to The Shire.

Prediction 3rd

Third Division

Mark, Forfar Athletic

Mark is definitely going to struggle this year, he lost a lot of players in the summer and his kids are simply not up to the job.

Prediction 9th

Fergus, Arbroath

This wily old fox could be a surprise package this season, after losing his best striker to Stirling he could face a tough test, but some believe he will be using some of his contacts to have opposition players nobbled before key games. I wouldn't bet against a push for the play offs.

Prediction 5th

Andy - Unemployed

A hot headed manager who strives for success.

Prediction - Stop mooching and get a job! icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck to everyone for the season ahead!!!!

ayruntyh6.gif

Ayr Unt Me

Predictin 3rd promotion thru plauoffs

Ayr will do there normal slow start and will come good towards end just missing out on automatic promotion

Berwick Rangers Ad Kelly

Prediction 5th loosing semi final playoff

Ad has improved as a manager and is now showing his true form he is fast catching up in standard with the top boys of the clan

Raith Rovers Polo

Prediction 2nd playoff final loosers

Raith have been getting stronger and stronger will just miss out on automatic promotion like Ayr and will also reach playoff finals but will be heart broken twice

Forfar Athletic Ben Grant

Predictions 4th playoff final looser

the first of the clans sides in the 3rd division Ben will guide his team to playoffs if he attends more sesions

East Stirling Nick Bott

Will prove Nick as one of the best Players around a Automatic promotion spot is in the Cards if they avoid any serious injuries or suspensions

Albion rvs Mark Griffiths

Prediction 3rd playoff final Winner

Mark is another quality manager he will find it tough in the 3rd division but cream normally rises to the top

Stirling Albion -Paul Carey

predection 7th

Paul joined the game recently and was radomly given Stirling albion who had all but sown up promotion at the time will find it hard in 2nd division but should keep them in 2nd division giving them a base for next season

Arbroath-Fergus

prediction 6th

Fergus our lattest member and maybe hardest to predict as we dont know much about the lad will settle in to clan and lead Arbroath to mid table just missing out on playoffs

Ayr united - Ric

4th place and promoted by playoffs

was unlucky not get thru automatically but should be ok

Forfar - Me

should manage to get promoted hopefully

Albion Rovers- Mark

my rival so i will so aint qualifying

adam2ip3.gif

PREDICTIONS!!

Me - Berwick

After a solid season back in the 2nd division, Berwick were hopeing to improve on there mid table finish, but due to the chairman not allowing the manager to add to his 56 players icon_wink.gif, they will struggle this season.

Prediction: 7th

Ric- Ayr Utd

After signing some quality players in the summer, his team is really looking like pushing for promotion, with abit of luck Ayr might well just do that.

Prediction: 4th

Polo - Raith Rovers

Just missing out on promotion last year, Raith look like the team to beat this year. they will certainly be one of the favourites to go up after they almost went all the way last season. Polo has built a very solid performing team during his era at Raith, and i caertainly expect to see them in the playoff finals again icon_wink.gif.

Predicton 2nd

Nick Bott - East Stirling

The team that could really push Raith Rovers all the way, after having a great season last time out. The bookies are certainly backing them for promotion. It wouldn't surprise me to see them in the play off fianl with Raith

prediction: 3rd

Paul - Stirling

Did well last season getting promoted to the 2nd divsion, even though he took over late in the season. May find his first season in the 2nd division tough and may struggle.

Prediction: 8th

Mark - Albion

May struggle to get wins this season after losing many players in the summer. He may be able to turn it round as he has alot of managerial experience :p

Prediction: 5th

Fergus - Arbroath

Hard to predict how his team will do due to the him being a new memeber of the clan

Prediction 6th

stirlingalbionwf7.gif

Raith Rovers - polo

Polo was unlucky last year to narrowly miss out in play off's. This year will be the same.

Predicted finish - 3rd - play off loser.

Ric - Ayr

Ric is at Ayr and I expect him to know his scottish football!

Prediction - 4th - play off loser.

Nick - East Stirling

Nick has made a good start as was confirmed with his 6-1 win against me (assistent manager in charge!) I think Nick may win it.

Predicted finish - 1st

Forfar - Ben

Ben is more than capable of getting forfar to the 2nd division.

predicted finish - 4th in div 3

Mark - The Albion

I think Mark will get a touch of the "andys" and finish mid table mediocrity.

Predicted - 7th in division 3

Fergus - Arbroath

Fergus has seen many go and many come since he has taken over. He must know what he is doing with all these signings so i reckon he will finish quite high.

Predicted position - 2nd in div 3.

Berwick - Adam

I think Berwick may struggle this season, not enough to get relegated but mid table mediocrity.

Predicted -7th

Me - Stirling

Despite a bad start and not many signings I think i will prosper this season. Lost 2 out of 3 this season but as they say, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Predicted finish - 2nd - play off winner. icon_cool.gif

Hey,

Ye guys looking for an addition to the league. The Sunday game would really be handy! Let me know!

All the Best,

Paul

Ok, here goes nuthin!

Second Division

Ric, Ayr Utd

Ayr should be in First Div and Ric is the man to get them there. Tough competition from Polo and Nick.

Play-off - missing out

Polo - Raith Rovers

Missed out in Play-off Final last year, should do it this year. Major competition will come from Nick and Ric.

Prediction 2nd - Promotion via Play Offs.

Ad - Berwick

With the largest squad in Europe, many would expect there to be some quality in there, however seeing what he is trying to offload, will struggle to compete

Prediction 7th

Paul - Stirling Albion

Promoted last year, struggling so far, will fail to make a major impact, however will steer clear of relegation

Prediction 8th/9th

Nick - East Stirlingshire

Good strong start to the season, however with strong squads at both Ayr and Raith, I fancy that they may jsut miss out this year, though it will be tight.

Prediction 3rd

Third Division

Mark - Albion Rovers

Albion might find it tough, a number of underachieving hard working sides in the 3rd Division, however if Mark gets on a run, they will be there or thereabouts

Prediction 3rd

Ben - Forfar

Early season loss to bitter rivals Arbroath should not prove too much of a setback as Ben attempts to prove himself. A mid-table finish at best I reckon.

Prediction - 5th

Me - Arbroath

Slow atart, however a couple of victories and Arbroath are doing well. Financially secure, despite Polo and Ben's best attempts at flogging rubbish, a staff roster to be envied in the third, hopeful that the squad will develop into a force to be reckoned with.

Play-offs I reckon, probably losing!

Archived