fm07 Rics Sunday night clan-A new beginning[Established Clan]

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

newnick3fd5.gif

East Stirlinshire announce new manager - Nick Bott.

Transfers in

Andrew Murray - Stenhousemuir

Steven McManus - Montrose

Martin McGinty - Elgin

Michael Morrison - Coleraine

David Cox - Queens Park

Craig Nelson - Brechin

Jamie Shand - Montrose

Paul Rudden - Free Agent

Willie Russel - East Fife

Richard Walker - Free Agent

The most notable of these transfers were David Cox who was an exciting striker and Paul Rudden who i was delighted to have snapped up. Also my board decided to sign FOUR of the keepers i was looking at while i was away lol.

Scott Hillman was brought in on loan from our parent club Celtic, the young centre back looked like an exciting prospect.

(H) East Stirling v Elgin 1-1 Draw

*Asst Mgr in charge*

League Cup 1st Round

(H) East Stirling v Stranraer 1-0 Loss

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(H) East Stirling v Forfar 4-0 Win

*Asst Mgr in charge*

Challenge Cup 1st Round

(H) East Stirling v Partick Thistle 4-0 Loss

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(A) East Stirling v East Fife 2-1 Loss

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(A) East Stirling v Albion Rovers 3-0 Win

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(H) East Stirling v Arbroath 3-0 WinCox 2, McGowan

Relishing the opportunity to take charge of first team affairs Nick Bott made Paul Rudden team captain and set out a fairly basic attacking 4-4-2 formation against fellow clan team Arbroath. Arbroath set up with a defensive 5-3-2 formation and looked very solid in defense until they made a small tweak in the 43rd minute which The Shire seemed to capatalise on when David McGowan whipped a low cross in from the left flank for David Cox to get on the end of and put The Shire 1-0 up at half time. Cos doubled the lead in the second half with a well taken 2nd for him and David Mcgowan stole in the far post to finish off a nice counter attack to make the final score 3-0. Although The Shire manager felt his team deserved the win he was quick to admit that the scoreline may have flattered them a little.

(A) East Stirling v Montrose 2-2 DrawO'Connor, Hunter

Top of the table clash saw 2nd placed The Shire head to Montrose to take on the table toppers in what was an even encounter.

East Stirling took the lead early on through Sean O'Connor yet saw Montrose draw level almost immediately and then watched in horror as Michie terrorised the Shire defence. Trailing 2-1 with just minutes to go Roddy Hunter popped up and headed home from a corner as the Shire pinned Montrose back into there own half for the last 20 mins of the game. 2-2 final result and The Shire were left to rue the amount of chances the strikers missed.

(A) East Stirling v Berwick 3-1 Win Cox, O'Connor 2

With Berwick taking advantage of the draw between East Stirling and Montrose in the previous game, The Shire yet again travveled to the team topping the table.

Again East Stirling took an early lead and went agead via the in form Cox and again saw the lead taken away when Berwick equalised almost immediately. This time East Stirling were not to be denied the result they deserved and a well delivered Willie Russel cross was nodded home at the near post by Sean O'Connor to send them in 2-1 ahead at half time. Second half was much the same and Willie Russel terrorised the Derwick defence with some great runs down the right and O'Connor yet again got on the end of one of his crosses to put the game beyond doubt in the 56th minute.

ayrnewnf0.gif

Ayr were hoping this would be there season but have not got of to the best of starts

stenhousemuir 2/8/08

ochilview 0-2 div2

Ayr were not at the races as Stenhousemuir piled on the pressure and came away with all 3 points despite being reduced to 10 men for the last 15 mins although stenhousmuir's opener did look offside

Stirling 5/8/08

Forthbank 2-1 League cup 1st round

Ayr got of to a Winning start with 2 goals in the 2nd half after Stirling had opened the scoring from the spot in the 1st half paul walker playing in the attacking midfield role normally filled by the suspended Gareth Wardlaw after his sending off in a pre season game with Aberdeen hit the 1st and willie john kiely hit the winner

Alloa 9/8/08

Somerset Park 0-0 div2

A Large home crowd were disapointed as Ayr could not post home the deserved win it was all most all 1 way traffic but Ayr strikers found many ways of missing the target and the 2000+ fans went home disapointed

Albion Rvs 13/8/08

Somerset park 6-0 Challange cup 1st round

Ayr scored 6 goals with the return of Gareth Wardlaw returned to the team with 3 goals proving the player was missed kiely mcglinchey and a own goal completed the scoring

Brechin 16/8/08

Glebe Park 1-3 Div2

A Game against Brechin gave Ayr the chance for Revenge for that last day defeat that took Ayr out of the play offs but Brechin were to strong and ran out 3-1 winners

Motherwell 19/8/08

Fir Park 0-2 Lge Cup 2nd round

Ayr were up against it when Motherwell got of to a flyer throwing everything except the kitchen sink at the Ayr defence N'guessan and clarkson's goals were enought to knock the Honest Men out of the cup

Gretna 23/8/08

Somerset park 2-2 Div 2

Ayr Welcomed Big Spending Gretna 2 goals frome Moore and Wardlaw looked Enough for all 3 points but Gretna took a deserved point with 2 late goals

Dunfermline 27/8/08

Somerset Park 1-2 Challange cup 2nd round

2 goals in the first 4 mins killed any hopes Ayr would have vs there !st division opponents ayr drew 1 back but were unable to get the required 2nd goal

Dumbarton 6/9/08

Strathclyde homes Stadium 0-0 div2

A 0-0 draw was just about a fair result as yet again Ayr fail to find the net

Stranraer 13/9/08

Somerset Park 0-3 Div2

A huge crowd were left disapointed as the home side failed to hit the net while Stranraer scored with there first 3 shots Ayr could feel robbed but yet again there lack of a regular scorer let them down

Raith rvs 17/9/08

2-1 Starks Park Div 2

A welcome 3 points for Ayr the Raith goal was Under attack from the word go but it looked like Raith were Hanging on till Weaver hit the 1st From 25 Yards Thomson thought the flood gates would open but Raith came back into the game and leveled through Rae in the 66th Min Thomson at this point Thought Ayr were letting the points slip thought there hands but Wardlaw hit Ayr's 2nd and they Managed to hang on for all 3 points against brownleys Raith

clanbanner2bp9wa6uejw2.gif

Guys at the end of this season i plan a return of the Awards that were a big hit with the fm06 clan

• <LI>Best manager<LI>Best newcomer<LI>Best result vsAI<LI>best result vs human<LI>best Signing<LI>best post on thread<LI>most Sporting<LI>best patter in Mirc<LI>Best turnaround in a teams fortune<LI>Worst turnaround in a teams fortune

clanbanner2bp9wa6uejw2.gif

now that i have a chance i would just like to welcome our newbies who are all new to playing online hope you enjoy the extra challange playing fm online brings as ive explained the game is a bit slower than your normal offline game but much more fun and testing than a offline game so we welcome Thomas Martin as Arbroath Mark Fisher Stirling and Kevin Fisher as East fife and yes they are Brothers!!! best of luck lads and i hope you will stick around for a while just like polo all be it polo sticks about like a bad smell just cant get rid of him !

hi

i would just like to thankyou all for a great first sunday in your clan.

expect to see the fisher brothers striling and east fife rise quickly through the divisions (i hope lol)

see ya sunday

raith2hy1.gif

Raith have made a decent start to DiV 2 and lie in mid table. 17 Year old Paul Walker looks likely to become a star player and is getting interest from St Mirren , St Johnstone and Celtic. Brownley has stated he will only sell if the price is right.

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Polo:

raith2hy1.gif

Raith have made a decent start to DiV 2 and lie in mid table. 17 Year old Paul Walker looks likely to become a star player and is getting interest from St Mirren , St Johnstone and Celtic. Brownley has stated he will only sell if the price is right.

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>sounds like a job for Joe pasquale if you ask me although with the quality at Raith you would be better with dusty bin from 321

Unfortunately when asked for an update Price was unable to provide much detail. Its believed that he lost his notepad in a hissy fit when the chairman inferred they would be promoted only to find Morton languishing in Division 1.

The start of the season was not going well with Price declaring interest in Hibernian, when asked responded:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> There is only so far I can take this club with the support, finances, and more importantly the quality of players interested. Our two best players are already attracting interest from bigger clubs and I wouldn't want to hold them back. Therefore I believe my future lies elsewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Morton fans were saddened to see the manager who so nearly got them to the Premiership ready to leave after just two seasons in charge. Ideally Price is looking to a Prem club but failing that a bigger club in the 1st Division would be an option.

Further detail to follow after the next session when Price might find his notepad.... in the gutter... soaked through...

ayrnewnf0.gif

Ayr Manager Richard Thomson is looking forward to the visit of Cowdenbeath now Ayr Finnaly got a win under there belt although sitting bottom Thomson hopes that at this early stage a winning rin would put Ayr back on track despite havin a reasonable budget Thomson has yet to part with cash having brought in several players on free's in the summer

icon_wink.gifhopfully all the newbies will turn up on sunday anyone wanting to do tactics Shortlisting or anything else in game i am now able to confirm i will be on around the 18:30 mark were sitting fingers crossed on the 10 mark which i think is about the right amount although we do have 2 more intrested

newnick3fd5.gif

(A) East Stirling v Queens Park 0-0 Draw

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(H) East Stirling v Stirling 4-1 WinO'Connor 3, Cox

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(A) East Stirling v Forfar 1-0 WinO'Connor

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(H) East Stirling v East Fife 2-1 WinO'Connor, Cox

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(A) East Stirling v Elgin 1-0 Loss

First game back in charge and we looked decidedly ropey against the second to top team. Elgin went ahead through a goal mouth scramble after a corner was not cleared, East Stirling and Elgin both then traded attacks for the rest of the first half but neither team managed to find the net. In the second half the traffic was very much one sided and the elgin goal was peppered on many occasions but the usual consistency of strikers Cox and O'Connor was lacking and Elgin managed to get the 3 points.

(H) East Stirling v Albion Rovers 0-0 Draw

East Stirling seem to finidng the pressure a bit much at the moment, a very lacklustre performance saw East Stirling struggle to break down the most hated formation in game - 33211.

(A) East Stirling v Arbroath 3-1 WinCox, Rudden, McGowan

Fellow clan manager and bottom of the table Arbroath were The Shires next opponents and Arbroath lined up with a very attacking 433 and tested us early on with some good counter attacking football. An incredible own goal from Andy Hughes gave Arbroath the lead just before half time and East Stirling seemed like nothing was going to go there way. The second half saw a change in formation and The Shire came out with all guns blazing, Confidence was low and it seemed like Arbroath may actually grab a deserved victory until in the 63rd minute David Cox finally hit the back of the net to make it 1-1 The Shire pushed on and a Paul Rudden freekick saw them go 2-1 ahead 7 mins later and McGowan finished the game off with a sweetly struck shot on 75 mins. East Stirling are back!

Scottish Cup 1st Round

(A) East Stirling v Cowdenbeath 2-2 DrawWoods, McGowan

East Stirling used this game to give a run out to the players who had not made it as regulars so far this season. 5 players made there debut.

With Cowdenbeath hot favourites to win this game, East Stirling took everyone by suprise when they snatched the lead in the 8th minute via Dean Woods tap in after good work frm Roddy Hunter. Cowdenbeath had a player sent off in the 26th minute and then levelled the score just before half time. The second half saw The Shire come out full of confidence and pin Cowdenbeath back in there own half only to go behind from Cowdenbeaths only attack of the half, The Shire were not going to sit back and let this go without a fight and a lot of hard work paid off in the 88th minute when McGowan tapped home at the far post to earn East Stirling a replay.

Scottish Cup 1st Round Replay

(H) East Stirling v Cowdenbeath 2-2 DrawWoods, Calaghan

Sticking with the same team that faced Cowdenbeath the first time round East Stirling could smell an upset and attacked from the off and had two good early chances that were saved well by the opposite keeper. With both sides having a couple more chances each but not hitting the back of the net they went in at half time 0-0. Woods managed to put East Stirling ahead straight from the second half kick off when he buried a 20 yard screamer into the back of the net. Cowdenbeath drew level in the 71st minute to take the game into extra time. Cowdenbeath scored first on 100 mins and all looked doomed for East Stirling until Callaghan scored in the last minute to take it to penalties!

However we lost on pens when Callaghan was the only person to miss. 5-4.

raith2hy1.gif

Raith enjoyed some decent results in last nights session and sit in a comfortable mid table position. A few back to back wins could take them towards a play off push. One problem is that our 2 best players both play in the same position.

andypyk6rr6.gif

Morton 2 Clyde 0

Morton started the session well with a comfortable win over Clyde at home. Clydes manager was not overly impressed with his teams performance, having been favourites they failed to impress.

Dundee 3 Morton 2

A virtual carbon copy of their last meeting with Dundee once again going one better to win 3-2. Deasley was his usual troublesome self but at least Morton can take satisfaction that they were still scoring goals.

Inverness CT 0 Morton 0

A rather dull game in which Morton's defence turned out a well earned draw. Shot's on goal where kept to a minimum with Price playing 4 across the back with 2 DM in front.

Morton 3 Peterhead 0

Newly promoted first division whipping boys Peterhead's arrival was well timed for a Morton team needing a win with morale dropping. An easy 3-0 win was no more than deserved for the Ton and ensured that Peterhead went 10 games into the season without collecting a single point.

Morton 1 Airdrie Utd 0

Manager on holiday

Morton 2 Ross County 0

Manager on holiday

Partick Thistle 0 Morton 1

Morton despite dominating much of the match only came out a goal better. Partick were allowed only cursory long shots at the goal which rarely troubled Robinson. Morton moved up to 4th place in the first division following this result.

After this game Price got the welcome news that all Morton fans had been awaiting... Jamie Stevenson wished to come off the transfer list!

Dunfermiline Ath 2 Morton 1

A questionable goal led to Dunfermiline winning this closely contested top of the table clash. What must have hurt more is the dissallowed goal that Morton had at 1-1. Price walked away feeling very much hard done by.

Clyde 1 Morton 0

Another bad day for Price in which star player Jamie Stevenson was injured followed closely by a terrible backpass to allow Clyde to sneak the win. This when coupled with the two chasing teams winning put Morton back down to 7th.

Its days like these where Price loningly looks on at the Hibernian job waiting for their manager to be ousted by the fans. Whether Hibs will want Price is another question....

East fife had a few bad games this week and lost to my younger brother 1-0, i wish i never introduced him too football manager.

News spread through the clan that east fife were keeping tabs on 25 year old striker Scott from Abroath. after i wrongly leaked the information to my betraying brother who went behind my back to attempt to sign the player, this sparked the intrest of other clubs who all now are watching the strikers progress,

the question is can Abroath hold onto him for another session.

i would like to thank everyone who has backed my self and east fife against my brother and hopefully take him down soon

clanbannerwithclanlogogi7.gif

The clan decided that they would now be a pre season tournament which would be done with a few guest clubs giving us 3 groups of 4 rules have been planed with 2 senior members of the clan and they will also be along side the cup a bowl and a shield tournament for those that droped out the main competition the comeption will be sponsored by a high street shoping chain clanbannerwithclanlogogi7.gif

Famous High Street chain clansponsoryi3.gif called a press conference to announce the sponsor of there pre season cup they also announced the draw which was as follows

group 1

Ayr Unt

East Stirling (Host Club)

Arbroath

Group 2

Raith

Stirling Albion (host Club)

East Fife

Group 3

Morton

Berwick

Queens Park (Host Club )

10th clan members team

The Press at the Draw were a gast as both East Fife & Stirling were drawn in the same Group so soon after the Touchline conflict Between the Fisher Brothers who were lucky not to have a touchline ban after they had to be split by there Assistants the 3 seeded teams Ayr Raith and Morton will hope to proceed to the next round as group winners with the 3 winners the best 2nd place team will qualify the Bowl will be the 2 other 2nd placed teams and 2 best 3rd place with the other 4 going into the Plate competion the draws for all semi finals will be made when the teams are known all ties in the semi and finals will be over 2 legs

newnick3fd5.gif

(H) East Stirling v Berwick 2-0 Win O'Connor, Cox

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(A) East Stirling v Stirling 1-1 Draw O'Connor

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(H) East Stirling v Montrose 1-1 Draw Cox

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(H) East Stirling v Queens Park 1-1 Draw O'Connor

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(H) East Stirling v Forfar 2-0 Win Walker, O'Connor

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(H) East Stirling v East Fife 3-2 Win Walker, O'Connor 2

A tight match that saw East Stirling take the lead early on through Richard Walker slotting home at the far post, East Fife took the game forward with a lot of attacking pressure and got there just rewards with an equaliser early into the second half, a small tweak of formation and substitution saw East Stirling take a grip on the game and Sean O'Connor netted after a scramble in the 6 yard box from a corner. East Stirling then got a 3rd when Sean O'Connor headed home drom a Richard Walker cross to seal the game.

(H) East Stirling v Elgin 4-0 Win O'Connor, Woods, O.G, Rudden

O'Connor continued his good run of form by opening the scoring early for East Stirling who hosted 3rd placed Elgin. The Shire continued to put pressure on there opponents and O'Connor and Walker both missed opportunities but Dean Woods made no mistake when he rounded the keeper to put East Stirling 2-0 up. An Own Goal from Brand put The Shire 3-0 up at half time. The second half saw East Stirling keep the pressure on and skipper Rudden netted a lovely free kick on 62 mins to make it 4-0 and an emphatic win!

(A) East Stirling v Albion Rovers 5-1 Win McGowan, O'Connor, Woods 2, Hillman (pen)

An away trip to 3rd placed Albion Rovers was a good test. Dean Woods kept his place in the team and David Cox sat on the bench after his return from injury. Some good early pressure saw McGowan put East Stirling ahead after only 6 mins and a counter attack saw Sean O'Connor tap the ball home after Dean Woods shot was saved. The 2nd half saw Albion pull a goal back early on when two bad errors at the back left Diack with an open goal. This kicked East Stirling back into action as Dean Woods scored a cracker after turning his man on the edge of the area. Woods doubled his tally in the 81st minute to score the 4th and Hillman slotted home a penalty to make it 5-1.

raith2hy1.gif

Raith got through to the last 16 of the Scottish Cup where they face SPL side Dundee UTD. The cup run sould bring some much needed revenue into the club.

Aston Villa have made an enquiry for AML Walker. Brownley said he will only leave at the right price.

League form as been good and sit just outside the play off places. Brownley got manager of the month for December.

Reports linking Brownley to the vacant Hibs job has been played down after Brownley was seen leaving Edinbugh train station on Saturday evening.

icon14.gif

PRICE RESIGNS!

Andrew Price today walked out of Morton having felt frustrated at the board and fans understanding. In the previous 2 and a half years he had secured promotion to division 1, missed the prem by 1 point, and sorted out the mad spiralling financial crisis. However when he voiced his desire to move to a bigger club fans and board where quick to forget who had got them to where they were. Therefore Price decided to resign and let Morton find their own way.

No one is quite sure where Price will end up, Peterhead in Division 1 are managerless but also pointless with no hope of staying up. Queen of the South are also looking for a manager and might be what Price is looking for. Elgin, and Forfar are also looking but Price will surely not rush into a club now.

newnick3fd5.gif

(H) East Stirling v Arbroath 1-0 WinMcKenna-Ramsay

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(A) East Stirling v Montrose 0-0 Draw

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(H) East Stirling v Stirling 3-2 WinHillman, Rowson, Hunter

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(A) East Stirling v Berwick 1-0 WinO'Connor

*Asst Mgr in charge*

(A) East Stirling v Queens Park 5-1 WinWoods 3, O'Connor, Rudden

Team News

A trip to fellow clan manager Gavins Queens Park was never going to be an easy game. Dean Woods replaced Cox in frst X1

Match News

Dean Woods was on fire by netting a near post header from an early corner and then tapping home after a cross from the right then finishing his hatrick after good poaching in the 6 yard box all within 22 mins.

The second half started similiar to the first but this time the in form O'Connor found the back of the net after a nice assist from Woods. Cox replaced Woods who had taken a small knock and then Hunter came on and replaced the injured O'Connor. Rudden scored a freekick to make it 5-0 before Queens Park got a late consolation goal. The 5-1 scoreline flattered East Stirling but showed why they are sitting 12 points clear at the top, the strikers finishing.

(A) East Stirling v Forfar 3-0 WinWoods, Hillman (pen), Cox

Team News

With top goal scorer Sean O'Connor injured for a month against Queens Park David Cox returned to the starting line up, Criag Nelson kept his place in goal with regular number 1 Cuthbert still out injured. Callaghan replaced the injured McGowan on left wing.

Match News

Dean Woods started as he had against Queens Park and opened the scoring in the 10th minute when he beat the offside trap and crashed the ball home off an upright. East Stirling got a penalty in the 35th minute and the unusng hero of this East Stirling team slotted the ball home to make it 2-0, this was followed by David Cox getting behind his marker and making it 3-0 just before half time. The second half was a quiet affair with neither teams carving out many opportunities and in the 75th minute Hunter came on to replace Woods who had picked up a knock again.

(H) East Stirling v East Fife 1-1 DrawRudden

Team News

McGowan replaces Callaghan in first X1 after recovering from injury.

Match News

A dull first half saw East Stirling have 63% of the posession and no shots on target. A pep talk at half time though saw Rudden bury the ball in the back of the net with a screaming freekick on 48 mins to open the scoring. East Stirling continued to press forward and started to pepper the East fife goal only to be sucker punched when Mclean scored the equaliser. A dissapointing result saw East Fife hold on to the draw. Berwick won and closed the gap to 10 points at the top with 7 to play.

(A) East Stirling v Elgin 0-0 Draw

Team News

Bott picked up his second manager of the month award and prayed it would not curse his team.

Cuthbert took back the number 1 jersey replacing Craig Nelson after recovering from his injury.

Callaghan replaced the injured McGinty in the middle of the park.

Match News

East Stirling started positively and should have scored when David Cox was put through by Callaghan after only 2 mins. Peter Cherry was inspired in Elgins goal and pulled off saves from both Cox and Woods, sending both teams in scoreless at half time. The second half saw East Stirling probe but not cause too many problems to Elgin and the score ended 0-0.

With Berwick winning again the gap was closed to 8 points with 6 to play.

(H) East Stirling v Albion Rovers 3-1 WinCox, Woods, Rudden

Team News

Russel replaced injured Walker on the right wing.

The team were told in no uncertain terms that today was the day they got back to winning form and nothing else was acceptable.

Match News

The early signs were that East Stirling looked nervous, in the 25th minute David Cox had a glorious opportunity to break the deadlock but put the ball over. However in the 39th minute he did manage to find the back of the net after great work on the right fron Willie Russell. With Albion not having a single shot at East Stirlings goal in the first half it was no suprise to see them change to a very negative 4141 formation for the second half.

After Demerit got sent off it was incredible to see Albion Rovers score with there ONLY attack of the game to level things. East Stirling went on the attack and threw everyone forward and Woods put us back ahead after 66mins and Rudden grabbed the 3rd after 70 for a well deserved win.

Berwick won again and are still 8 behind with 5 to play.

(A) East Stirling v Arbroath 5-0 WinCox, Hillman (pen), Woods, Walker

Team News

Russel dropped to the bench to accomodate Walkers return.

Match News

The early minutes saw Arbroath pile the pressure on Scott was particularly unlucky not to put his team 1-0 up, but East Stirling soon settled and a David Cox brace saw the league leaders go in at half time 2-0 up. The 2nd half saw Est Stirling grow in confidence and start carving more chances out while controlling the game. The 58th minute saw a player sent off for Arbroath and Hillman tucked away the resulting penalty. In the 64th minute Woods scored at the near post to make it 4 and Walker got a tap in to make it 5-0 at the final whistle.

A 1-0 win for Berwick sees them keep the pressure on. East Stirling are now 8 ahead with 4 to play.

(A) East Stirling v Montrose 1-0 WinRudden

Team News

A win against bottom of the table Montrose and Berwick dropping any points will be enough to secure promotion for the Shire.

Roddy Hunter in to replace the injured Cox.

Montrose unveiled new manager Gavin Millar just before kick off.

Match News

East Stirling were put on the back foot early on when Montrose went on the counter attack, but The Shires slowly started to take control of the game and creating chances, Woods, Hunter and Walker all had early chances but the deadlock was broken when Rowson found the net after a long throw, East Stirling scored there second when Walker tapped home inside the 6 yard box on 37 mins. HT score 2-0. After having a quiet 1st half Dean Woods had his ego massaged at half time and came out and scored a lovely header within 5 mins of the restart. Rowson got his second of the game 2 mins later to make it 4-0. Montrose managed to grab a late goal but East Stirling had done enough to get the points.

Berwick drew and East Stirling celebrated winning the 3rd Division!!

(A) East Stirling v Stirling 1-1 DrawCox

Team News

Unchanged side.

Match News

Stirling were all over East Stirling and made there dominance pay in the 33rd minute when they went 1-0 ahead. The second half saw East Stirling come out a lot more positive and pinned Stirling back in there own half and eventually substitute Cox found the net in the 88th minute to draw the sides level. With more possession and much more goal scoring opportunities it is fair to say that East Stirling should have took all 3 points.

(H) East Stirling v Montrose 0-0 Draw

Team News

A visit from 2nd placed Berwick gave East Stirling the opportunity to stamp there dominance of the 3rd division.

Cox came back into the starting X1 and Murray got a start replacing inspirational skipper Paul Rudden after he was injured against Stirling. O'Connor takes a spot on the bench after coming back from his injury.

Match News

The Shire started well and both Woods and Cox should have scored in the opening 10 mins, and continued to dominate posession and chances but to no avail. The introduction of O'Connor in the second half was not enough to kick start East Stirling and the match ended goalless.

(A) East Stirling v Queens Park 1-0 loss

Team News

O'Connor returns to the startling line up to replace injured Dean Woods.

Match News

An incredibly poor performance across the board saw East Stirling lose there first game in 23. McGowan was sent off and the game was effectively over. Tweaking and substitutions made no difference as Queens park dominated proceedings.

adam2ip3.gif

Bereick Win Promotion From The Scots 3rd Division!!

After a long hard season, Berwick won promotion to the Scots 2nd Division, against all the odds. The media predicted that Berwick were looking at a mid-table finish at best, but with hard work and a few signings along the way, Berwick managed to finish 2nd behind the impressive East Stirling.

Berwick got to the final of the playoffs beating Albion Rovers over two legs. In the final they met Elgin, slight favourites Berwick took a 1-1 draw into the 2nd leg. With home advantage, Berwick strolled to victory with a 4-1 win, which capped an excellent season for the club.

Berwick manager Ad Kelly praised his team and his staff, for which had been a great season for everyone at Berwick. He declared that if Berwick are to stay in the 2nd Division next season, that they need to add some quality players to improve his team.

Kelly finished by saying that he was looking forward to the pre season tournament that his side will be entering.

Archived