• Created
  • Last Reply

aberdeenqy2.gif

change of prediction fergus

Aberdeen

sitting bottom just now but closing the gap fast hoping to be in top 6

prediction 5th

partick thistle

under new managment maybe take a while to settle but will be in 1st next season via playoff victory

prediction 3rd playoff winners

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Old Git:

clanbannerwithclanlogoevx1.gif

Still awaiting predictions from the two Marks. You may all wish to change your predictions because of recent managerial mayhem! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, Paul C and Nick as well.

aberdeenqy2.gif

Aberdeen pulled out of the relgation zone and have hit form that would maybe have seen them nearer the top of the table than the bottom under Thomson they have played 8 won 7 and lost a game where they should have won with a seizable budget Thomson has used it to bring in several players without having to wait for players to leave Aberdeen who had already paid out £2.6m for 2 players before Thomson arrived have spent around the 7.5m mark all in although Thomson has sold players for a total of 3.7m his personnal net spent is only around the 1.3m mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Old Git:

clanbannerwithclanlogoevx1.gif

Still awaiting predictions from the two Marks. You may all wish to change your predictions because of recent managerial mayhem! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, Paul C and Nick as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guys please remember this is a required post it dosnt take that long and i am sure you can spare the 5 mins it would take

partickthistlefergusln7.gif

Revised Predictions:

Ric - Aberdeen

Since I've already got "them" for 4th, afraid it's got to be 3rd! Rebuilding for a decent challenge next season.

Me - Partick Thistle

Recovering the Jags looked a bit of a task, but a few half-decent signings at Xmas and I should be able to make a go of it. Current top two too far away, so I reckon to make 4th spot would be an achievement, bearing in mind the starting position.

Predictions

SPL

Celtic - Nick Bott

Nick has a more than capable squad in Celtic. I think he'll win the league by a long way.

Predicted finish - 1st.

Aberdeen - Richard Thomson

Ric has come in and not acquired the best squad.

He has made some good signings and I predict a top 5 finish.

Predicted finish - 4th

Division 2

Fergus - Partick

Fergus got the job and is effectively managing a scots division 1 side. I predict a play off finish.

Prediction - 4th

Polo - Raith

Polo has been there or there abouts for the last few seasons. Will he finally do it? I think he will.

Predicted finish - 2nd

Brechin City - Craig Seery

The shock of the campaign so far. I predict a 3rd placed finish which he can be very proud of.

Predicted finish - 3rd

Division 3

Grant - Queens park

Done well so far Grant, I predict a mid table finish which is a great acheivment.

Predicted finish - 6th

Me- Alloa

Got the job just before going to bed and didnt have a chance to look at the squad. Currently 8th so doesn't really matter how I do this season.

Predicted finish - 9th

Ivan - Cowdenbeath

The "big serb" is doing well so far and I predict automatic promotion.

Predicted finish - 1st

Jags Change Track

With over half the season to go, Partick Thistle appoint Fergus Martin (prev Arbroath) as their new manager after Richard Thompson rose to the challenge facing Aberdeen. Martin’s first couple of games in charge saw his team win one and lose one just before the Xmas period, (and the end of that session).

The first real session with Martin in charge saw the Jags play 4 league games and 1 cup game, winning all four league games, including two against teams that were challenging at the top, league leaders Stenhousemuir (3-1) and Craig Seery’s overachieving Queen of the South (2-1)! The other league wins were away wins at Stirling Albion (3-1)(Paul Carey having just relinquished contol) and Stranraer (4-3). The only blip on a very good session for the Jags was an away Cup defeat to Livingston.

Having brought in a few younger players to freshen up the squad and tighten up the back, including the capture of the highly rated goalkeeper Andrews from Gretna, the Jags will look to push on for the rest of the season. With enthusiastic youngsters like the Martins (Ryan and Gary), (no family connection!, Ross MacDonald (making the step up from Arbroath)) and experienced pros like Mark Kerr, Jim Hamilton and Dumisee (Angolan International), the squad is beginning to look a bit more stable and has more strength in depth than previously.

With a couple of good young Scots summer signings are already tied up, Martin continues to prowl the market like a predator, putting the pieces together for a title challenge next season. Although currently sitting fifth and only two points off fourth, the gap between the first two and the Jags may be a bit out of reach, however the Jags will continue to put pressure on the three immediately above them to keep hopes of a play-off slot alive.

Originally posted by chopra_hill:

Predictions

Brechin City - Craig Seery

The shock of the campaign so far. I predict a 3rd placed finish which he can be very proud of.

Predicted finish - 3rd

Me- Alloa

Got the job just before going to bed and didnt have a chance to look at the squad. Currently 8th so doesn't really matter how I do this season.

Thanks Paul, however may I point out that Craig Seery is with QofS and that I thought you had the Elgin job!

Being doing a complete review of all predictions made so far. Points to note:

Tony and Mark have still to post.

Everyone needs to revise predictions because of changes at Aberdeen, Partick Thistle and Elgin.

No-one has made predictions for:

Brechin City (Mark) or Cowdenbeath (Ivan(except Paul C)).

aberdeenqy2.gif

predictions cont

Elgin

a hard task for paulc taking over after falling out with the Stirling board hes droped down a division to take over Elgin who are 1 of 3 clubs trying to avoide Last spot with over half of league gone

Prediction will pull out of bottom 3 and finnish7th

aberdeenqy2.gif

A hefty Transfer Budget has seen Aberdeen bring in several players 9 in all

Finnbogason Celtic 1M

Kennedy Celtic 425k

Pearson Celtic 250k

Mcgeady Celtic 500K

Lowing Portsmouth 1.4M

Gaynor Ayr Unt 230k

Masterton Partick t p/ex

Burke Rangers 1.2m

Higgins Inverness 450k

so Far injury has kept pearson out the team and with the recent form the only one to really feature as a regular starter in the first team is ex Ger Alan Lowing Purchased from Pompey although 2 players had been bought by the previous manager the total spent by me is just short of 5m at £4,955,000 but the club has also taken in £3.6m and thats before Future fee's are taken in with one transfer out could bring in close to £2m

aberdeenqy2.gif

Players out 9 in all since i have taken over

Stefan Jack Free Transfer £0

Richie Byrne Partick £P/EX

Derek Mcfarlane Partick £16k

Steve Dalton Wigan £1.2M

Sam Yates Alloa £1K

Neil Mcvittie Alloa £2k

Kenny Marshall Motherwell £30k

Darren Pratley West Brom £2.2M

Ryan Strachan Motherwell £120K

aberdeenqy2.gif

While there is one more Player signed comming in on the summer on a bosman from Blackburn there are <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">still several players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That Thomson wants out the door

First Team

Brian Allison Leaving on Bosman to Morton

Zander Diamond Current Value 700k def r/c

Michael Hart Current Value 12k listed for 5k def R

Jamie Winter Current Value 100k listed 85k Mid c

Jamie Smith current value 100k Att mid r/c

Jack Compton Current value 1m Att mid l striker

Chris Maguire Current value 3.1M Striker

Reserves

Nerijus Barasa current value 2k listed 0 def r

Andrew Considine Current value 18k listed 12k dc

Jonathan Crawford current value 10k listed 8k dc

Dyaron Daal Current value 40k listed 20k st

Darren mackie Current Value 75k st

Ok aLl my Predictions For The Season Are.

Celtic: Nick.

I Think The Sqaud Is Too Strong For Any Team To Seriously Compete With Them, I Can See them Lifting the Championship Trophy With Ease.

Prediction 1rst

Aberdeen: Ric.

Well After Being Robbed Out Of The Job They Decided To Hire Ric, I Realy Think We Will Start To See An Improved Dons Side .

Prediction 4 Place 3rd At A Push.

Ferg Partick.

Partick Have Been Pretty Poor So Far This Season And Not Realy Looked Like Challenging For The Title.

Prediction Mid 5th.

Polo - Raith

Polo's Side Looking To Better Last Seasons Results and Are Looking Not Bad They Could Challenge For The Title If Things start To Go Right.

Prediction 3rd

Brechin - MarkB (Me)

Aftyer Promotion To The Second Division No One Expected Brechin To Be Sitting In First Place. The Manager Mark Baxter Has Total Faith In His Players And knows They Can Bring Home The Title This Year, They Just Have To Be Consistant At Winning Games.

Prediction - 1rst icon_razz.gif

Sorry The Rest I Have To Go So THis Will Be Short And Sweet Lol.

Grant - Queens park

Predicted finish - 5th

chopra_hill - Alloa

Predicted finish - 8th

Ivan - Cowdenbeath

Predicted finish - 1st

septicbh8.gif

Predictions

Premier League

Ric - Top 4 maybe

Me - Runaway league winners.

Second Division

Polo - 4th (Play Off Loser)

Mark - 2nd

Ferg - 5th

Seery - 3rd

Third Division

Grant - 10th

Paul C - 6th

Ivan - 4th

aberdeenqy2.gif

Aberdeen have done enough to avoide relgation a leveling out of form has ment hopes for a top 4 spot are a bit of the mark and a bit of luck will be needed to get in to the top 6 but a semi final of the scottish cup to look forward to Aberdeen are going in the right direction

aberdeenqy2.gif

When I was a lad, a tiny wee lad, my mother said to me,

"Come see the Northern Lights my boy, they're bright as they can be."

She called them the heavenly dancers, merry dancers in the sky,

I'll never forget that wonderful sight, they made the heavens bright.

Chorus:

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen are what I long to see;

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen, that's where I long to be.

I've been a wand'rer all of my life and many a sight I've seen.

God speed the day when I'm on my way to my home in Aberdeen.

I've wandered in many far-off lands, and travelled many a mile,

I've missed the folk I've cherished most, the joy of a friendly smile.

It warms up the heart of the wand'rer the clasp of a welcoming hand.

To greet me when I return, home to my native land.

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen are what I long to see;

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen, that's where I long to be.

I've been a wand'rer all of my life and many a sight I've seen.

God speed the day when I'm on my way to my home in Aberdeen.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Holders - Rangers

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Nick | Celtic | | 32 | 23 | 04 | 05 | 68 | 23 | +45 | 73 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | © | Rangers | | 32 | 15 | 13 | 04 | 39 | 29 | +10 | 58 |

| 3rd | |Dundee Unt | | 32 | 14 | 09 | 09 | 57 | 41 | +16 | 51 |

| 4th | | Hearts | | 31 | 13 | 08 | 10 | 46 | 47 | -1 | 47 |

| 5th | | Falkirk | | 32 | 13 | 06 | 6 | 42 | 43 | -1 | 45 |

| 6th | |Hibernian | | 32 | 12 | 08 | 12 | 47 | 45 | +2 | 44 |

| 7th | |St Johnstone| | 32 | 10 | 11 | 11 | 46 | 46 | +0 | 41 |

| 8th |Rick |Aberdeen | | 31 | 10 | 08 | 13 | 45 | 41 | +4 | 38 |

| 9th | |Dunfermline | | 32 | 09 | 07 | 16 | 45 | 51 | -6 | 34 |

| 10th | |Motherwell | | 32 | 08 | 10 | 14 | 33 | 49 | -16 | 34 |

| 11th | |Inverness ct| | 32 | 08 | 06 | 18 | 37 | 62 | -25 | 30 |

| 12th | |Morton | | 32 | 08 | 06 | 18 | 36 | 46 | -28 | 30 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bottster:

septicbh8.gif

Predictions

Premier League

Ric - Top 4 maybe

Second Division

Mark - 2nd

Ferg - 5th

Seery - 3rd

Third Division

Grant - 10th

Paul C - 6th

Ivan - 4th </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can you be so off, when there the leagues are so far gone? LOL

raithrvszm7.gif

Raith are level points at the top with Stenhousemuir with 4 games to go. An 8 match winning streak has put Raith with a great chance of the title. A final match away at Stenny may be the decisive game.

UP THE RAITH

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bottster:

septicbh8.gif

Predictions

Premier League

Ric - Top 4 maybe

Second Division

Mark - 2nd

Ferg - 5th

Seery - 3rd

Third Division

Grant - 10th

Paul C - 6th

How can you be so off, when there the leagues are so far gone? LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well fergus, in your imortal words... who cares? icon_wink.gif

Not that far off anyway, CELTIC will walk away with it as i predicted icon_biggrin.gif

septicbh8.gif

Predictions

Premier League

Ric - Top 4 maybe

Second Division

Mark - 2nd

Ferg - 5th

Seery - 3rd

Third Division

Grant - 10th

Paul C - 6th

How can you be so off, when there the leagues are so far gone? LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that far off anyway, CELTIC will walk away with it as i predicted icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever! You weren't really that far off except in the Division where real men play, Div 3. Easy to get the superstars right, but not so easy with the bottom feeders eh!

As the season closes out, the Jags began to make a fight of it and after some really intense matches found themselves on the cusp of the play-offs. With Stenny and Raith clear of the pack, Brechin (Mark), QoS (Seery), Thistle (me, obviously!) and Ayr all sat within a couple of points of closing out the final two slots.

A nerve racking session on Monday, which was supposed to finish it all off, saw the session drag slowly towards the final matches. A number of freeze-outs saw the Jags mnanager sitting in the stands relying on the rest to inform him of results. By the end of it all, with one league game left, Brechin lie a point ahead of the Jags, who in turn are a point ahead of Ayr, with QoS a point further back. 3 points covering four teams, two places up for grabs could it get much closer?

The Jags final game of the season see them entertain Ayr United, and a point may just do it. Brechin need a point, and the perfect result scenarion for QoS would see Brechin lose and the Jags/Ayr game ending in a draw, hoping they get a win to leapfrog both.

Gonna be a tense final session. Bring it on!

septicbh8.gif

Predictions

Premier League

Ric - Top 4 maybe

Second Division

Mark - 2nd

Ferg - 5th

Seery - 3rd

Third Division

Grant - 10th

Paul C - 6th

Not that far off anyway, CELTIC will walk away with it as i predicted icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever! You weren't really that far off except in the Division where real men play, Div 3. Easy to get the superstars right, but not so easy with the bottom feeders eh! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol check your history man!! East Stirling Div 3 Winners in my first season with them, and then took them to the play offs in D2 two seasons later and then promotion the season after ... soooooo MEH! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

However i am hoping some superstars sign for me now we are in europe!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif !!!

Dearest Nick,

We are all so proud of your achievements, and are so looking forward to hearing over your escapades in Europe. We are of course a little surprised that you had even considered not being in Europe since half the Division qualifies in one way or another, and Rangers and Celtic have more than enough money to buy their way in. Just ask the Hearts board! However, a fine achievement, we are delighted for you, however I'm sure you'll still be in Glasgow after Christmas!

With our kindest regards,

Your Mummy and Daddy!

septicbh8.gif

Well i don't care how sarcastic you want to be, i will happily take any congratulations from you!!! icon_wink.gif

Thank you for congratulating Celtic on winning the Premier League and achieving a champions league spot and i am sure you remember that Celtic did not achieve a European spot the year before so the doubt had crept in to my mind if they could this year!

And i would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best wih your new club Partick Thistle, it is a big step up for you but i am sure you can come through and achieve promotion with a club so much higher in stature than any other in their division, no pressure though icon_rolleyes.gif

Dearest Nick,

We are all so proud of your achievements, and are so looking forward to hearing over your escapades in Europe. We are of course a little surprised that you had even considered not being in Europe since half the Division qualifies in one way or another, and Rangers and Celtic have more than enough money to buy their way in. Just ask the Hearts board! However, a fine achievement, we are delighted for you, however I'm sure you'll still be in Glasgow after Christmas!

Your Mummy and Daddy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wikipedia

aberdeenqy2.gif

Aberdeen have been hit by defence issues on the build up to the Final Kennedy is suspended while deputy Jones is away on Scotland u21 duty which is a blow as this is also a quality u21 which there needs to be 2 u21 in the match squad Tony smith the next back up is also away on u21 duty leaving Manager Thomson scratching his head

aberdeenqy2.gif

scottish cup Final

26th May 2012 Hampden Park

thescottishcup1160caen9.jpg

Aberdeen Vs Hearts

Aberdeen http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2355/aberdeenbt3.png Hearts heartsdj6.png

1 James Gilpin

2 Alan Lowing

3 James Simpson

4 Alan Jones

5 Cristian Sapunaru

6 Andrew Golding

7Connor Mccormack

8 Stephen Pearson

9 Craig Bellamy

10Aiden Mcgeady

11K Finnbogasson

subs

1 Steve Higgins

3Ross Gaynor

4 Aaron Wells

5 Chris Burke

Manager R. Thomson

septicbh8.gif

Well i don't care how sarcastic you want to be, i will happily take any congratulations from you!!! icon_wink.gif

Thank you for congratulating Celtic on winning the Premier League and achieving a champions league spot and i am sure you remember that Celtic did not achieve a European spot the year before so the doubt had crept in to my mind if they could this year!

And i would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best wih your new club Partick Thistle, it is a big step up for you but i am sure you can come through and achieve promotion with a club so much higher in stature than any other in their division, no pressure though icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Son,

Very surprised that you consider your parents to be sarcastic, as they were merely expressing their hearfelt congratulations at your success. And with your precondition to foreign food we were merely thinking of your wellbeing, and our hope that you would be hope in time for Xmas dinner!

Mother.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richard thomson:

aberdeenqy2.gif

Aberdeen have won the scottish cup after a well deserved win over Hearts 2-0 at Hampden The pubs were drunk dry around the stadium and in Aberdeen as the fans celebrated the firts win of the trophy since 1990's penalty shoot out win </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And so another one ventures far from home to foreign fields. To be sure that the clan wish you well in your endevours and trust that you will return home safe and sound in time for Xmas dinner with Nick and the rest of the clan!

Dad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richard thomson:

aberdeenqy2.gif

Aberdeen have won the scottish cup after a well deserved win over Hearts 2-0 at Hampden The pubs were drunk dry around the stadium and in Aberdeen as the fans celebrated the firts win of the trophy since 1990's penalty shoot out win </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And so another one ventures far from home to foreign fields. To be sure that the clan wish you well in your endevours and trust that you will return home safe and sound in time for Xmas dinner with Nick and the rest of the clan!

Dad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopra_hill:

Dearest Nick,

Your Mummy and Daddy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wikipedia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parenting

aberdeenqy2.gif

Dont worry fergus we will send you a postcard from Europe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont worry Fergus here's the only way Thistle will get in to europe

http://www.eurotunnel.co.uk/ukcP3Main/ukcPassengers

Archived