Bugs/Problems/Mistakes in FMH 2009

Hi,

Just thogut I'd add that I get the manager name disappearing also.

I have the current official firmware, haven't edited any options, no changes.txt file.

I do use the suger daddy option. I also save frequently becuase I play it in short bursts.

I'm in my 4th season, the problem appeard about 1/4 way into the 4th season, first save and re-load made my surname disapper, the next one made my first name also disappear.

any solutions to this would be appreciated as I don't really want to play the game anymore with no name.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no solution once its gone it aint coming back. Ive had it in most of my games so far with a changes file and without a changes file.

seems to be a bug in the game this year . Im not sure but i think it might be once regens start coming through it only lets 50 new names appear then you lose your name. Im not 100% sure that is true but it could be possible.

no solution once its gone it aint coming back. Ive had it in most of my games so far with a changes file and without a changes file.

seems to be a bug in the game this year . Im not sure but i think it might be once regens start coming through it only lets 50 new names appear then you lose your name. Im not 100% sure that is true but it could be possible.

The regens only use the names off the DB though so its not using any of the 50 changes your allowed (If thats what you meant)

Are you sure scott because ive had regens before with names that dont appear in the game. Mainly from abroad.

I thought it was two names that are already on the db get put together to make the regens name :cool: maybe not :)

EDIT: Not just the names off the db you choose but off all the others aswell

not sure if its been maentioned, only something small but kinda annoys me lol.

during a match when you click into your team, even if you dont change anything, when you click again to exit, it comes up that you have made a tactical change..even though you havn't :p

• 4 weeks later...

I just figured this one out.

When buying a player, if you pay more than £34.5 million, it will just show up as £34.5 million on their transfer history. I signed Torres for £55,000,000 but on the transfer history, showed as £34.5. Anyone else find this?

For those of you who are using Crickie's July 14th 09 Update:

Has anyone else got the bug where there are two 'Elrio van Heerden's playing for Blackburn Rovers? One of them is DMC, DOB 09/10/1983 and Cameroonian, the other is AMRC, DOB 11 July 1983.

After some research I found out that the real van Heerden was the AMRC one, the other (who was Cameroonian which gave it away) was not - he is actually Modeste M'Bami, currently with no club, and DOB 09/10/1981. But I searched through Crickie's update changes.txt file and I could only find the real van Heerden being transferred from Club Brugge to Blackburn. I was looking for 'Modeste M'Bami' being transferred to Blackburn with his name changed to 'Elrio van Heerden', but I could not find this.

Quite a big glitch!

The change of Mbami is there in the file. Out of curiosity whch leagues do you have loaded? as the update is for JUST ENGLAND ONLY so if you load more than one league you will get duplicated players where we have overwrote certain players

The change of Mbami is there in the file. Out of curiosity whch leagues do you have loaded? as the update is for JUST ENGLAND ONLY so if you load more than one league you will get duplicated players where we have overwrote certain players

Sorry I've just sorted out the problem

I loaded England, Italy, Spain and Scotland just so you know. But Crickie said that he had put in the change of M'Bami to van Heerden and I couldn't find the line, but I just downloaded the July 14th update file again to see if it was there and if I had accidentally overwrote the line - I had.

Sorry about that

• 2 months later...

Surely the worst bug — and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere — is that you can spend 10 seasons bringing a team up through the leagues and on the verge of winning multiple championships and cups and then it won't load anymore. This has happened three times to me now. I've carefully saved every step of the way but it keeps saying 'Load game failed'.

Or worse still, I've spent another 10 seasons with a club and can load the game and play one, five or 20 games but it won't save — it just shuts down — so when I restart I'm back to square one.

Very frustrating and, to be honest, would put me off buying FMH again. Any tips?

this has been a common issue from the past 2 games but there is nothing you can do to fix it some problems have came from custom firmware others have been memory card issues but SI have said theyve hopefully ironed out a few bugs

Surely the worst bug — and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere — is that you can spend 10 seasons bringing a team up through the leagues and on the verge of winning multiple championships and cups and then it won't load anymore. This has happened three times to me now. I've carefully saved every step of the way but it keeps saying 'Load game failed'.

Or worse still, I've spent another 10 seasons with a club and can load the game and play one, five or 20 games but it won't save — it just shuts down — so when I restart I'm back to square one.

Very frustrating and, to be honest, would put me off buying FMH again. Any tips?

We've put a lot of effort into fixing these serious load/save problems. I'm not going to make any wild promises about them being 100% eradicated but none of these problems have shown up here during testing.

has any effort been made into enabling that the game stops freezing and turning itself off, losing some of the month which hasnt been saved?! imo this is a MAJOR problem in the game, and i would love if SI had been able to at least cut down or eradicate the problem.

Archived