Bugs/Problems/Mistakes in FMH 2009

ive just had a game with Man City where i had about 184 million to spend i bidded for a player waited a few days and it was rejected when to increase the bid and all of a sudden ive only got 41 million! I hadnt signed anybody in a space of 2-3 days but 143million had suddenly disappeared out of budget.

No reason that i can think of!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just been hit by the bosman bug for the 3rd time now!

young brazilian regen signed on a bosman but his contract doesnt expire for another 4years now

Can I just check - did you eventually get the players who you had signed on a Bosman, but who renewed their contracts with their current clubs?

I've had the same problem, where two players signed new three year contracts, but before they did I got a news item pretty much every day with the headline "Forest Green set to sign Duffy".

I saved the game after a couple of months of this. When I reopened the game, the news item stopped, the player had signed a new contract starting from the date of my save [March 17th, I think], and he is no longer "looking forward to joining Forest Green".

One other thing I've found. I have a £6m transfer budget, but I'm being prevented from signing some brilliant players on frees / Bosmans who are well within my wage budget. This is because they want signing on fees of £500k, and I am only able to offer £180k maximum.

I think that the maximum signing on fees should be linked to the transfer budget. At the moment, are they linked to the wage budget [it seems that the maximum of £180k is 20 times my maximum wage budget of £9k]?

Anyone ever had this one:

You agree the fee with the club but choose to have the transfer completed at the end of the season then when the end of the season comes the player doesn't join. On the player contract screen it says has agreed a transfer to barcelona plus his contract has expired. The transfer was supposed to go through at the end of the 2014 season and its now 2015. :(

I had another one were the players contract still had a few years left and it weren't getting completed so i had to cancel it and pay an extra 5m to get him.

Can I just check - did you eventually get the players who you had signed on a Bosman, but who renewed their contracts with their current clubs?

I've had the same problem, where two players signed new three year contracts, but before they did I got a news item pretty much every day with the headline "Forest Green set to sign Duffy".

I saved the game after a couple of months of this. When I reopened the game, the news item stopped, the player had signed a new contract starting from the date of my save [March 17th, I think], and he is no longer "looking forward to joining Forest Green".

yes i got the players in the end but 4/5 years after originally signing them on a bosman! the news item came up saying he had agreed terms etc but when i went back later to check when his contract expired it was 4/5 years time

yes i got the players in the end but 4/5 years after originally signing them on a bosman! the news item came up saying he had agreed terms etc but when i went back later to check when his contract expired it was 4/5 years time

OK thanks - did you stop getting the news items once he had signed a new contract, though?

i only got the 1 message saying that he had agreed terms with me and the deal would go through once his contract expires etc, even says on his profile that hes looking forward to joining my club

just found something else.

i was preparing for my next game as turkey manager against Luxembourg and went to the news when a scout report came up for Bournemouth(played against Oldham) then one for Luxembourg here was me assuming that i was playing Bournemouth next in the league as Scarborough manager.

I looked at my next fixture and my next fixture was Carlisle so i looked to see when i played Bournemouth and found it was 2 months away now thats forward planning!

Ive also noticed a message coming up that a scout from team x was at your last game and they were impressed with player X but that player never played in the last game so how could he be impressed? and ive even had this message about a player that was out on loan! so he wouldnt have been playing in my last match would he

i think that may be the rumour message that your getting, eg always getting linked with buying a player when you havent even got them on your shortlist

Not quite, I had offered the player a contract to join at the end of the season [this was January, and his contract was expiring in June], then he accepted my terms but I got a perpetual message saying "Forest Green set to sign Duffy" for a couple of months before he signed a new contract.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a goal not recorded.

Midfielder received the ball and the ball did it's occassional float up in the air (where the ball seems to roll and rise and the shadow moves off down the pitch). After a while, it said "goal for Leicester". But the goal was not recorded.

I haven't seen the floating ball in game before but it's pretty common for me during penalties.

just been hit by the bosman bug for the 3rd time now!

young brazilian regen signed on a bosman but his contract doesnt expire for another 4years now

I just had the same thing at Sampdoria :( Also a young Brazilian regen. But it looks like he's not coming at all anymore... Maybe it's something to do with the fact that his contract expired in March, when the transfer market is closed in the rest of the world... I've had no problems signing other players with expiring contracts on a free transfer

Also, from a linguistic point of view I don't like the following: when you scout someone and your scout says he's not that impressed with the player, sometimes he goes on to say 'The report also reflects favourably on [...]'. If you remove the 'also' here, the ambiguity would be gone.

I realise I'm nitpicking here.

And I must say, even though all bugs reported by Joe on here are very valid, I'm still enjoying this game immensely. It's the only management game that has stopped me from playing good 'ole Championship Manager 92/93 since Championship Manager 94 EOS :)

I just had the same thing at Sampdoria :( Also a young Brazilian regen. But it looks like he's not coming at all anymore... Maybe it's something to do with the fact that his contract expired in March, when the transfer market is closed in the rest of the world... I've had no problems signing other players with expiring contracts on a free transfer

that doesnt really mater as you can agree a bosman from anytime from Jan 1st so the window doesnt apply to them

Yes I realise that, but maybe the game doesn't :/ Have you been able to sign players whose contracts expire while the market is closed?

nope i havent. An example of this was simon cox whos contract ran out in october but didnt sign till 1st january. I think it depends if the player is a free agent or still at a club without a contract.

can SI have a look at the way loan bids are made as ive had 23 players available for loan and Bristol City have tried to get all 23 despite already having their maximum amount of loan players on loan!

Surely the team should know when they cant loan any more players it happens quite often that a player puts a loan bid in for your teamand when its accepted it falls through as they have too many players on loan as well.

Also found same issue as last year where i sign a player which then falls through as hes failing his medical so when i check to see whats wrong with him i find that there is nothing wrong with him

For some reason i very rarely score goals?

I end the season and i have only scored about 20 goals and i get so many 0-0's?

thats not a bug, you just need to change your tactics its happened to us all!

Archived