Ridiculously hard & stupid match engine!

On a separate note now, has anyone noticed the flaw in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round?

According to UEFA regulations, the team that wins the group will play the 1st Leg Away so that team has the advantage of playing home in the 2nd Leg. In my game, I won the group each time I played but I always started the 1st Knockout Round at home!!

Hope it will be adjusted in the next patch!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i managed to find a tactic and win with it, but the game just bores me

dunno why

just not a big fan of it, ill give it another go but i just dont really ache to play the game as much anymore

maybe football its self just doesnt hold the magic, its boring when man city buy everything in sight which is possible this jan

:(

I agree there is some problems but nothing that concerns me too much. And why is there so many complaints that the game is too hard? I'm not one of the people that likes to brag this is just a point. But in my first season I met almost all the board/fans expectations. Ok I am Arsenal but some people are moaning they cant win even with teams like Arsenal.

I won the League with 1 game left, got to the final of the FA cup and the last 16 of the champions league. This is the first FM where I have had such success in the 1st season. I am actually sort of dreading the next patch in case it stops things working for me that are fine now.

It's not just with Arsenal. I'm playing as Huddersfield. My players win as many 50-50's as they lose. They play the way I expect them to most of the time, and not unrealistically. I have set up three variations of a 4-4-2 (Bands of Two) that I use depending on the odds/location of the match. If I'm losing I'll use the default attacking 4-2-4. Have rescued one game with it. With the improvements I made to the squad I'm a few places above where the real life Terriers are. My strikers are missing too many one-on-ones, which I think needs to be tweaked, and yet I find that the match stats and results are completely realistic. If anything, the major complainer in this thread has results that are horribly unrealistic in HIS FAVOR on the screenie he's shown, even if it is with Barcelona.

I guarantee you that the complainers on this board do NOT represent any sort of majority. It's just the squeaky wheel. Those enjoying their gaming experience don't have quite the time for this nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also finding the game ridiculously hard and inconsistent. I'm Yeovil manager and my first season i was sacked after the january transfer window. I started a new game as Yeovil manager and managed to get to the play offs where i was beaten 5-1 in the semis. The following season i managed to sign Collins John and a couple of players and was really looking forward to the season. But Collins John (finishing 15) was getting out scored by Tomlin (finishing 7). Players like Smith, Roberts and Alcock would perform really well even though their stats were rubbish. I'm quite fussy and if they don't look good by their stats i tend to get rid so i replaced them with players far superior players. However these players performed worse and if we can't judge a player by his statistics then what have we got to go by.

I will second what many others have expressed. I've been playing CM/FM since the 95/96 version. I have always been the guy to manage big clubs (the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, ManU, etc.). Bash me all you want for this but it's just the way I like it.

Anyway, for the first time ever, I have big trouble winning.

I usually win all friendlies easily, as soon as league play starts, things go down the drain. I am not the kind of person complaining if I manage Barca and get trashed at Atletico, this could happen IRL.

The problem is losing at home to Panathinaikos, or Mallorca. Sorry, would never happen IRL.

Yes, I have concerned myself with training.

Yes, I have concerned myself with tactics and I have downloaded and tried various heralded tactics from the forum.

I am severely disappointed. The game is not fun anymore for a casual player.

re the OP....i too have owned every version, and I think this is great....I've managed to make my own tactic that works and is very similar to how my lot play IRL but a little less irresponsible. The match engine has flaws, but I still think its overall the best yet...though the press conferences are too repetitive.

I will second what many others have expressed. I've been playing CM/FM since the 95/96 version. I have always been the guy to manage big clubs (the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, ManU, etc.). Bash me all you want for this but it's just the way I like it.

Anyway, for the first time ever, I have big trouble winning.

I usually win all friendlies easily, as soon as league play starts, things go down the drain. I am not the kind of person complaining if I manage Barca and get trashed at Atletico, this could happen IRL.

The problem is losing at home to Panathinaikos, or Mallorca. Sorry, would never happen IRL.

Yes, I have concerned myself with training.

Yes, I have concerned myself with tactics and I have downloaded and tried various heralded tactics from the forum.

I am severely disappointed. The game is not fun anymore for a casual player.

Mmmm - cos Inter (another supposedly HUGE club) did sooooo well this season against Panathanaikos and Anorthosis, didn't they? :p

Archived