Its NOT your tactics

Thats the craziest thing Ive heard in a long time. How do you see what tactics Arsenal or Man U are using/

BY WATCHING THE GAME.

The game is just a representation of the match engine which is not always accurate. If that is the craziest thing you have heard in a long time you might want to get out more.

Watching a game IRL would give you a better idea of what tactics a side are using than watching a game on FM. Not all people want to sit and watch the game all the way through as well. Certain tactics I would like to see in their tactics screen such as width, def line, tempo. It would give me more time to do other things like mow my lawn...

I'm sick to death of the "it's supposed to be a simulator" or "it's supposed to be realistic" comments. Such a pointless argument, no offence to anyone using it, but it holds no weight whatsoever IMO. FM is a game and should be fun, realistic or not, it has to be fun. There are many realistic aspects of football management that could be added to the game and make it a true simulation, but if they were added they would ruin the game.

What poppycock. It's fun because it's pretty realistic. If it was less realistic and too easy, it wouldn't be fun. Diablo tactics don't make a game fun. It makes it repetitive and boring. The game works very well, though not perfectly. You have a vocal minority of whiners who want perfection and when they don't get it, they come up with a whiny rant that ALWAYS begins with their pedigree: "I've been playing CM/FM since my grandma wore stone underwear and this is the WORST blah-blah-blah..."

How is it that so many of those who hate the current iteration were such fans of the older versions that were far less realistic, too easy to exploit with Diablo tactics, and not as in-depth, but suddenly the current game, which adds some realism and is a little more challenging, is suddenly BROKEN!!!

I think I've uncovered the answer right there. It borders on the ridiculous, truly.

What poppycock. It's fun because it's pretty realistic. If it was less realistic and too easy, it wouldn't be fun. Diablo tactics don't make a game fun. It makes it repetitive and boring. The game works very well, though not perfectly. You have a vocal minority of whiners who want perfection and when they don't get it, they come up with a whiny rant that ALWAYS begins with their pedigree: "I've been playing CM/FM since my grandma wore stone underwear and this is the WORST blah-blah-blah..."

How is it that so many of those who hate the current iteration were such fans of the older versions that were far less realistic, too easy to exploit with Diablo tactics, and not as in-depth, but suddenly the current game, which adds some realism and is a little more challenging, is suddenly BROKEN!!!

I think I've uncovered the answer right there. It borders on the ridiculous, truly.

I think you've shown yourself up a bit there and if you read through my posts you'll see that I despise the "realism" argument as much as I despise the "the games borken" argument. People can be capable of accepting and loving the game, but at the same time admitting it's shortcomings and giving a reasoned view on both, I know I am ;)

In fact if you read my posts, you'll see that I echo the sentiment of the original quote, but dislike the realism argument. Not because I don't like realism, but because there are far more relevant and weighty answers than "it's supposed to be a simulator", it's a lazy answer.

Sorry to burst your bubble :)

I think you've shown yourself up a bit there and if you read through my posts you'll see that I despise the "realism" argument as much as I despise the "the games borken" argument. People can be capable of accepting and loving the game, but at the same time admitting it's shortcomings and giving a reasoned view on both, I know I am ;)

In fact if you read my posts, you'll see that I echo the sentiment of the original quote, but dislike the realism argument. Not because I don't like realism, but because there are far more relevant and weighty answers than "it's supposed to be a simulator", it's a lazy answer.

Sorry to burst your bubble :)

You didn't burst my bubble. I addressed your point with my first line, then went on a more general rant about the, erm, rants? Okay then, so no bursting here, tyvm...

The main problem with FM Match engine is that attributes don't seem to matter that much. IRL Stoke can't play a quick passing game like Arsenal or Man U because the technical skills of their players aren't good enough, but in FM - no problem. In FM the skills seem relative while IRL they are absolute. As a result, Stoke attempting to push people forward and playing a passing game will lose the ball and open themselves to a quick counterattack (that's IRL). In FM, motivated players will see increase to their attributes and will play like Utd (opening well, passing the ball well etc) and create chances. This needs to be addressed.

bingo

every time i play bottom 5 prem team with crappy players , or a team 2 leagues lower than me play like arsenal or man u ........ i die a little inside

I kinda agree that it isnt all because of our tactics. For example i notice that in the whole dutch premier league, way lesser goals get scored by strikers, which got awfully confirmed by the top goalscorer's amount at the end of the season, which was a shocking low amount of 17 goals... (to compare, the last 5 years it was: 24, 34, 33, 29, 31), which was by my top striker Huntelaar...

Archived