Murrayzoster's Old Firm Take Them To The Top Of The World Challenge (FM 08)

• 1 month later...

Hi murrayzoster.

i am a blue nose and would to take up this challenge, but I am not a member of rapidshare, dont suppose you could upload to file font or some other free file hosting.

Many Thanks

Alternatively I may change my database to match.

Originally posted by Murrayzoster:

The new database is now ready.

Here's the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/92001688/Old_Firm_Sign_Up_Challenge.rar.html

Hi Murray

I am giving it a go as Rangers manager to make it a little harder I have reduced both Celtic and rangers attendance to 10,000 this will avoid lots of money coming in. Any idea how to get out of debt, if the original staff and players stay for at least a season the club will be in so much debt due to their wages bill.http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3347/gersmanagerst5.jpg

Reducing the attendance makes it harder,but does it not take away from the realism?If Celtic and rangers did ever go into england, their attendances would not just suddenly drop to 10,000.Can you imagine the scramble for tickets when Celtic can sell out every math???

• 1 month later...

This has been kind of interesting, but very frustrating at the same time.

The realism is taken out of it for me by the fact that suddenly Ibrox only holds 1000 and has no youth academy or reserve league.

I managed to hold on to a few players, but the chairman sold most of the squad for silly money. I set myself on a good footing by actively selling most of my good players for realistic money in the first transfer window.

season 1 - won BSN by 12 points from Celtic scoring 223 goals and conceding 12!!! Alaso won FA Vase and setanta shield.

Season 2 - won BSP by a distance scoring 132 conceding 34.

Season 3 - I'm now really struggling to sign any decent players despite having a transfer fund of 5M+ I'm top of the league by a couple of points, but am really struggling away from home. I cant even get any half decent players to sign at the end of their contracts from the likes of Bournemouth. I'm shipping goals for fun and even defenders like Ryan Garry are truning down contract offers of 7.5K per week when their current deals are ony for £400.

It's the lack of training & youth facilities that are killing the game.

These issues have ruined it a little for me. Dont mind the concept of starting in lowest leagues by why on earth would the old firm lose their support & facilities if they transfered to england!!

• 10 months later...

Archived