Running two years' FM editors at the same time

Hello community,

I've just purchased FM24.  I've had a long-running custom database file that has grown and been updated from FM20 to FM22.  I decided it was time to re-do the database from scratch.  Back when I was working on the FM22 file, I was able to open both the FM20 and FM22 editors at the same time, which made copying advanced rules so much easier.  I've tried to do the same with the FM22 and FM24 editors, but once I've opened one, the second never seems to open (doesn't matter which order I open them in).  Steam looks like it'll run the second program, but then it closes and the Steam library button goes back to "Play".

Am I doing something wrong, or is this functionality gone?

Many thanks.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Odd. As Nielsoncp, I am running two editors next to each other without issue. Are you on Mac or Windows?

I'm on a Mac.  I'm going to try re-installing this evening.  Strangely, I can run the FM24 editor and FM24 itself at the same time.

UPDATE: I tried reinstalling both but the issue persists...  :(

Edited by Toronto Blizzard

Can you go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024 Editor (or your equivalent folder) and run the exe from there? Maybe right click it and run as administrator? Or maybe you don't have enough RAM? :confused:

On 22/04/2024 at 21:34, Toronto Blizzard said:

I'm on a Mac.  I'm going to try re-installing this evening.  Strangely, I can run the FM24 editor and FM24 itself at the same time.

UPDATE: I tried reinstalling both but the issue persists...  :(

Will check with one of our Mac knowledgeable editor moderators. Could be a Mac thing.