CA and Random PA

Ein

If a player has a CA of 160 and a PA of -85 (140-170), can the generated PA be less than his starting CA or would it necessarily have to be between 160 and 170?

But is the adjustment performed "before" or "after" the random generation? Using the same example, will the probability of the PA being 160 be 2/3 (to account for the all the values in the 140-160 range that are automatically converted to 160)?

(This is for a dynamic PA project that allows for more unpredictable player development and varied saves)

That's probably not something that can be answered outside of SI.  All we see is the CA and PA values of a player once they're decided in the save (and we're not even supposed to see that), how it is determined isn't something we can see.  There's probably more to it even than just "pick a random value" as I wouldn't be surprised if there's some balancing so that random chance can't put everyone with a negative PA at the top end.

Think your only option if you really want an answer would be to create players with combinations of values en masse and try and draw some conclusions there.  Probably going to be a long, tedious process, but doubt you'll get an answer from SI.

On 17/04/2024 at 15:41, forameuss said:

Don't think it's possible by design for PA to fall below CA.  If you had the values in the example, it would effectively come between 160 and 170 I would imagine.

PA cannot go below CA, unless a human error is made when putting the values (there are a few of those in the database).
With a generated PA based on the negative values, the value falls in the 160-170 range. Once the PA is set, it's only the CA that will change based on in-game events (training, games, injuries).

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

PA cannot go below CA, unless a human error is made when putting the values (there are a few of those in the database).
With a generated PA based on the negative values, the value falls in the 160-170 range. Once the PA is set, it's only the CA that will change based on in-game events (training, games, injuries).

I know. My question is whether in this example the probability of getting 160 is higher (~2/3) than getting any number in the 161-170 range on account of the 140-159 values that are are automatically set to 160.