The Rejects are Back (Again!!)

mark wilson27

Season One: 2023/24

July 2023

July 1st:

After much negotiating and probably bribery from certain figures in the Derbyshire area a newish team has joined the Vanarama League North as FMS Rejects have bribed I mean earnt their way into the league.. The cub was formed in 2007 and slowly built their way up.

The clubs Chairman is the late great Jim T with the stadium being called The Rejection Power Stadium, it holds 5500 fans and is based in Matlock. This means Matlock have now two sides with other being the mighty Gladiators Matlock Town.

The squad is a youthful squad and is as follows

| Name               | Position           | Age                | Nat                | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Daniel Evensen     | GK                 | 16                 | ENG/SWE            | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Sherm              | GK                 | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Jrobertgordon13    | GK                 | 16                 | SCO                | 
| Chilean Ranger     | D (R)              | 16                 | ENG/CHI            | 
| Tikka Mezzala      | D (R)              | 16                 | ENG/TUR            | 
| Dtown1414          | D (R)              | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Neilhoskins77      | D (C)              | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Lawlore            | D (C)              | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Bigmattb28         | D (C)              | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Tenthreeleader     | D (L)              | 16                 | ENG/USA            | 
| Hockeybhoy71       | D (L)              | 16                 | ENG/SCO            | 
| Copperhorse        | DM                 | 16                 | ENG/USA            | 
| Gavrenwick         | M (C)              | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Leicester33        | M (C)              | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Mandy42            | M/AM (R)           | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Celtic_1967        | M/AM (R)           | 16                 | ENG/SCO            | 
| Jon1982            | M/AM (L)           | 16                 | ENG/WAL            | 
| BenArsenal         | M/AM (L)           | 16                 | ENG/SING           | 
| Kennypavey         | AM (C)             | 16                 | ENG/IRE            | 
| EvilDave           | AM (C)             | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Mark Wilson27      | ST (C)             | 16                 | ENG                | 
| Dalbeider          | ST (C)             | 16                 | ENG                | 
| CFuller            | ST (C)             | 16                 | ENG                | 
| WLKRAS             | ST (C)             | 16                 | ENG/NED            | 

**Please note some players have dual Nationality, Everyone's Nationality is set as English due to problems I have with the game in past. The players with dual Nationality have had the second Nationality declared at Youth level***

2 hours ago, neilhoskins77 said:

English?! Bloody English! I think me and you should see other people Mr Wilson :herman::lol:

Let me know which and it can be edited, sir

52 minutes ago, mark wilson27 said:

Let me know which and it can be edited, sir

Welsh sir. I don't want to be wearing those Three Lions haha. Hope you're well Mark.

Ben-Thought it was about time I tried another effort with one of these

Dalbeider - Oh to be 16 again, along time ago for myself

Oche Balboa - Good to have you along

Neil - Sorry abouth the error with your nationality, I should know better. It has been edited and will be showed in Season Two as I have the first season in the bag already.  I am feeling alittle better than I was, slowly getting their

July 8th:

So no time to faff about the club start the preseason with a 2-1 loss to Matlock Town with MarkWilson27 scoring on the 3rd minute however J.Margetts scored on the 11th and Matlock's second goal was scored on the 31st minute with J.Johnston heading in past Jrobertgordon13. Both sides played attacking football but neither could add to their respective totals. Tenthreeleader had to be replaced during the game due to injury which will see him out for around a month with a twisted ankle.

The game also saw Celtic_1967 out for a few days after twisting his knee

July 12th:

The next friendly saw The Rejects beating Brighouse 3-1. However it was Brighouse who took the lead as E.Tavernier opening the scoring on the 15th minute. Brighouse played the better in the first half but the second half was all The Rejects. On the 62nd minute Markwilson27 opened The Rejects scoring as he ran onto a Dalbeider pass and fired in under the keeper. Eleven minutes later it was 2-1 as Copperhorse21 volleyed in a Dtown1414 cross. Brighouse were all over the place and on the 81st minute Celtic_1967 threaded the ball to the feet of WLKRAS who lashed it under the keeper.

July 15th:

A poor first half saw no real action from either The Rejects or the Grantham side. The second half was alittle better for our side as twelve minutes into the half Markwilson27 headed in a Dalbeider lob into the area. With seven minutes remaining in the game Markwilson27 added a second and final game for The Rejects with a great shot from a Dtown1414 through-ball.

July 18th:

The Rejects now faced Corby and demolished them 6-1 with Copperhorse opening the scoring on the 18th minute. Four minutes later Corby pulled level with J.Buculossi heading in past Daniel Evensen. On the 24th minute it was two one as Dalbeider hit home from twenty five yards to beat the keeper. Seven minutes later Markwilson27 added a third goal with a curling shot after running onto a Mandy42 pass. It was getting too easy as on the 33rd minute Mandy42 slotted home from a low Dtown1414 cross. The second half was much the same as The Reject controlled the play and on the hour mark Dalbeider headed in a Gavrenwick cross. The Rejects were all over the Corby side and on the 80th minute it was 6-1 as Celtic_1967 slotted home a penalty after a Gavrenwick shot was handled in the area

July 29th:

The final friendly of the month saw us facing Vauxhall Motors and The Rejects motor into a lead as Mandy42 fired in from the edge of the area after collecting a Dtown1414 pass. The game then seemed to die down with little action until Vauxhall equalised with last kick of the game from L.Pulford. Not the result I wanted

July 31st:

It was time for to choose the Captain and Vice Captain for the season. BenArsenal will be my Captain and Tenthreeleader will be the Vice Captain.

August 2023:

August 5th:

Chester (h) Vanarama National League North (1/46)

So the fun begins as we face our first real competitive game. We started the brighter as Mandy42 crossed into the area on the 12th minute but Dalbeider fired wide of the post. Ten minutes later though Chester came close with a well struck effort which had Jrobertgordon13 at full stretch to save. On the 33rd minute Dtown1414 was on hand to block an effort off the line after the rest of the defence fell asleep. We were being outplayed and just before the half time interval Bigmattb28 headed clear from under the crossbar after Jrobertgordon13 fluffed a corner.

The second half was all Chester as we seemed to struggle with the simple things in football and on the hour mark Chester's striker stung the fingers of Jrobertgordon13 from the edge of the are but Lawlore managed to clear the ball up the pitch. On the 67th minute we finally became undone as G.Glendon ran through the defence with far too much ease and rounded Jrobertgordon13 to slot into the empty net to silence the Rejection Power fans. Twelve minutes later Lawlore slid in to deny the Chester side a second goal after some more woeful defending. On the 80th minute I made a double change with EvilDave and CFuller coming on for Gavrenwick and Mark Wilson27. With two minutes remaining in the game Chester had one last chance with a well worked move which was thwarted by Jrobertgordon13's outstretched leg. Not the start to the season I wanted

FMS Rejects 0-1 Chester G.Glendon 67

Jrobertgordon13, Dtown1414, Bigmattb28, Lawlore, Hockeybhoy71, Mandy42, Copperhorse, Gavrenwick (80-EvilDave), BenArsenal, Dalbeider, Mark Wilson27 (80-CFuller)

Booked: Lawlore

August 8th:

Spennymoor (a) (2/46)

Not the start I wanted as we went down to an early goal as the Spennymoor attack barged through the defence with far too much ease and fired under Jrobertgordon13. Soon after they had another chance with a long range effort which went inches over the crossbar. We were being outplayed with ease and on the half hour we came close to losing another goal but Lawlore managed to time his challenge to perfection. Just before the break we had our first chance to of the game as Gavrenwick crossed into the area but CFuller headed straight into the keeper arms.

The second half was thirteen minutes old when I made a triple change as Tenthreeleader, BenArsenal and Dalbeider all came on in place of Hockeybhoy71, Leicester33 and CFuller. The change worked out perfectly as BenArsenal effort was flapped by the keeper and Mark Wilson27 tapped in the loose ball. On the 67th minute we had another chance to score as Dalbeider threaded the ball to the feet of Mark Wilson27 who lashed it well wide of the post. We were starting to take control of the game and on the 83rd minute we had our next chance to score as Jon1982 tried his luck from distance but the Spennymoor keeper was on hand to keeper the scores at 1-1, and that is how it ended

Spennymoor 1-1 FMS Rejects L.Mbeka 13 / Mark Wilson27 59

Jrobertgordon13, Tikka Mezzala, Lawlore, Bigmattb28, Hockeybhoy71 (58-Tenthreeleader), Celtic_1967, Leicester33 (58-BenArsenal), Gavrenwick, Jon1982, CFuller (58-Dalbeider), Mark Wilson27

Booked: Leicester33

August 11th:

Injury news isn't good for the club as EvilDave will be out for three months after suffering shin splints during training

August 12th:

King's Lynn (h) (3/46)

The first half started with WLKRAS rattling the upright from outside the area after beating the defence to a loose ball. On the 18th minute we had another chance to open the scoring as Jon1982 headed wide of the post from a Copperhorse cross. We were controlling the game and on the 28th minute Mandy42 hit straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score.

The second half was eight minutes old when I was forced into a change as BenArsenal came on for Copperhorse who was limping badly after a challenge. On the hour mark King's Lynn had their first chance with a curling effort which had Jrobertgordon13 at full stretch to save. On the 65th minute we opened the scoring as BenArsenal threaded the ball to Dalbeider who lashed it past the keeper. Straight after the goal I made a couple of changes as Tenthreeleader and Mark Wilson27 came on for Hockeybhoy71 and WLKRAS. Ten minutes later King's Lynn had another chance to score with a well worked team move which was thwarted by Chilean Ranger. With seven minutes remaining in the game we conceded a silly goal as J.Barett fired in from close range after Jrobertgordon13 fluffed a cross to the feet of J.Barett. On the stroke of full time we came close to to losing the game but Neilhoskin77 saved the day with a wonderful challenge just before the striker pulled the trigger

FMS Rejects 1-1 King's Lynn Dalbeider 65 (BenArsenal assist) / J.Barett 83

Jrobertgordon13, Chilean Ranger, Neilhoskins77, Bigmattb28, Hockeybhoy71 (65-Tenthreeleader), Celtic_1967, Mandy42, Copperhorse (inj 53-BenArsenal), Jon1982, WLKRAS (65-Mark Wilson27), Dalbeider

After the game I was informed that Copperhorse only picked up a dead leg and wont miss much time