Can I change sky colour and floodlight effect?

kevez27

Is it possible to disable the black sky and floodlight effects in FM24? 

Essentially I want to make all games look like they do in the daytime as I can play in very high settings smoothly in daytime matches on my MacBook Pro but as soon as I have a night match with black sky and floodlights, I get lag even in low settings and it’s ruining the experience for me.

I think it might be due to HDR which cannot be disabled on MacBooks 

thanks in advance for any help 

I'm not sure if it's possible to change it, I would say it isn't. For the European cups for sure not. But maybe the league games yes. Did you try this option in Preferences? 

image.png.5c8e37acce70c940a9e8da4216e55db1.png

Maybe you would also have to set the exact day/time in the editor. 

1 hour ago, keysi said:

I'm not sure if it's possible to change it, I would say it isn't. For the European cups for sure not. But maybe the league games yes. Did you try this option in Preferences? 

image.png.5c8e37acce70c940a9e8da4216e55db1.png

Maybe you would also have to set the exact day/time in the editor. 

Hi Rensie and thank you for taking the time to reply

Yes I thought of that option but many leagues have many midweek matchdays as standard even without the TV matches

Are weather graphics hard coded so cannot be changed? I've seen people make improved textures for pitches and stadiums but not for sky/weather unfortunately 

3 hours ago, kevez27 said:

Are weather graphics hard coded so cannot be changed? I've seen people make improved textures for pitches and stadiums but not for sky/weather unfortunately 

think the skyboxes are generated in real time, unfortunately the night sky box doesn't exist, its just a void

21 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

think the skyboxes are generated in real time, unfortunately the night sky box doesn't exist, its just a void

Ahh that’s a shame but thanks for the info

Its very frustrating as daytime matches look beautiful and run super smooth in very high settings but as soon as the lighting is different in night matches it’s incredibly laggy

I appreciate the reply cheers