Splitting a league into conferences

EnigMattic1

OK, this may get a little confusing so I will try and explain it as best I can. 

Is it possible to have a league (I this instance, Canadian Premier League) expand to double the number of teams (8 to 16) over a period of 4 years and then, after the league has 16 teams, split the league into 2 conferences? 

Should this be possible, my next question would be, can I see how the MLS is set up with regards to fixtures and have a combined league somehow? 

Finally, should my first question be possible, would there be any knock on effect with regards to continental qualification? 

2 hours ago, alian62 said:

Yes . I've almost completed my east west canada file . It's straight up though so not starting later 

Would it be possible for it to start later though? I've got 8 expansion sides which would accommodate a split, I would need to navigate Ontario though as they have a number of teams. 

With your file, how have you set fixtures up? Do East play east twice and then West once or something like that? And how hard is it to use a combined table? 

3 ore fa, alian62 ha scritto:

Yes . I've almost completed my east west canada file . It's straight up though so not starting later 

Can I have this file, please? I love Canada soccer and I'd canadian pyramid system like as yours

6 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Would it be possible for it to start later though? I've got 8 expansion sides which would accommodate a split, I would need to navigate Ontario though as they have a number of teams. 

With your file, how have you set fixtures up? Do East play east twice and then West once or something like that? And how hard is it to use a combined table? 

You can implement later starts . Think the Canada megapatch in Download section  has it so if you download it you can see how its done . Yes its East twice and West once and vica versa for West obviously.  I also have 4 rivalry leagues like the USA and a combined supporters league table . Hopefully to release this week.  All tested up to 10 years so I'm just doing kits and logos and fixing spelling mistakes 

Edited by alian62

5 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

Can I have this file, please? I love Canada soccer and I'd canadian pyramid system like as yours

Releasing next week hopefully 

15 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I have just uploade the file to the Editors Download forum FM24

11 minutes ago, alian62 said:

I have just uploade the file to the Editors Download forum FM24

Will take a look. Thanks. How did you navigate continental qualification? I believe, in real life, it's league winner and championship winner (or top two if the same team wins both).