tight marking player instruction

Do you use individual player tight marking instruction? I'm trying to use it on the front players and midfielders to see if the opposing team's passing the ball becomes more difficult. What do you think about this player instruction?

Before you apply Tight Marking as PI (player instruction), you have to consider some factors, like:

- If you use OI
- Your general defending plan as team
- Roles & Duties
- And finally attributes

In general, I prefer simplicity and not overcomplicated things, especially in defending phase of the game. That means, I am playing with High Press, Counter-Press with high Teamwork, Aggression attributes and without OI or Tight Marking. It depends what you want to do rather than what is better or not in general.

Mark Specific Player is a powerful instruction and it can be used to destroy the AI build up play. For example, let's say you have an AMC position in your tactic and you see the AI frequently build up his attacking phase from DM position. You can say to AMC to Mark Specific Player - the one in DM position. With this approach, you block the AI and will try to find another route - most likely to bump the ball forward where the chances to be successful is not very high. 

Thanks. I should have realized that, because I do my own at the time I get the opposition scouting report. If my AM comes up with something contradictory, I ignore it. If it’s something I haven’t thought of (like going in hard on a particular player, I’ll take it.