Youth facilities - been wanted to ask this for years....

Ok, so youth facilities. Does it relate to players "before" they join your team on youth intake day or are they facilities at the club that your U19/U23 teams use? A lot of people say it relates to the facilities before they join, but I would disagree and say that junior coaching is probably more applicable for that. Some people also say that U19/U23 use the main training facilities, but again I would say they use the youth facilities.

The reason I say that is one of Benfica's objectives is to use the clubs youth facilities to develop players. I can only do that with the players I have in my U19/U23. Also when I look to sign an U21 player (19 year old in this case), this comes up in the offer area. It even says "Objectives that this player fulfils. Develop players using the club's youth system."

image.png.cfb68bbccfcbfef647495d05ce83faf8.png

To add to that, when you go the staff search menu, you see the option for "Youth team" which is for the U19/U23 hiring of staff

image.png.a2eb62aee6f0b5c233d3f919391f56de.png

Is there anyone from SI that can confirm definitively what the youth facilities relate to? If it does indeed relate to facilities prior to players joining then some of the wording in the game should be amended such that it doesnt called the U19/U23 teams youth teams.

SI have said before, the youth facilities refer to future players ONLY. So player below 15-16 or whenever the appear in the youth intake. ALL players in selectable squads use the training facilities.

Thanks. So in my screenshot, when it encourages me to sign a player as it meets the criteria of developing a player in the youth system, that's not entirely correct then. Technically the player will develop in the first team system.

Anyway, good to know.

12 hours ago, ashok_mittal_83 said:

Thanks. So in my screenshot, when it encourages me to sign a player as it meets the criteria of developing a player in the youth system, that's not entirely correct then. Technically the player will develop in the first team system.

Anyway, good to know.

No, if you sign him for the under 18 squad, the quality of facilities and staff should help him develop better than at a club without them.

17 hours ago, ashok_mittal_83 said:

Ok, so youth facilities. Does it relate to players "before" they join your team on youth intake day or are they facilities at the club that your U19/U23 teams use? A lot of people say it relates to the facilities before they join, but I would disagree and say that junior coaching is probably more applicable for that. Some people also say that U19/U23 use the main training facilities, but again I would say they use the youth facilities.

The reason I say that is one of Benfica's objectives is to use the clubs youth facilities to develop players. I can only do that with the players I have in my U19/U23. Also when I look to sign an U21 player (19 year old in this case), this comes up in the offer area. It even says "Objectives that this player fulfils. Develop players using the club's youth system."

image.png.cfb68bbccfcbfef647495d05ce83faf8.png

To add to that, when you go the staff search menu, you see the option for "Youth team" which is for the U19/U23 hiring of staff

image.png.a2eb62aee6f0b5c233d3f919391f56de.png

Is there anyone from SI that can confirm definitively what the youth facilities relate to? If it does indeed relate to facilities prior to players joining then some of the wording in the game should be amended such that it doesnt called the U19/U23 teams youth teams.

I have missed that drop down for staff interested in youth teams, thank you :)

17 hours ago, ashok_mittal_83 said:

The word ‘Youth’ and the phrase ‘Youth System’ are used to refer to both your academy / regen / new intake and to your age-group teams, which is confusing because they aren’t the same thing.

You will get credit towards that board objective buy buying young players for your age-group teams.

Edited by NineCloudNine