FM Touch - Only on Apple Arcade?

Sorry if this has been mentioned.

Trying to install FM Touch. It appears I need  to get an Apple Arcade subscription to play this game? Cheapest subscription is £6.99 per month. 

If so, this is ridiculous and quite upsetting. What was £15 or so is now costing £84 a year. 

Except it’s one of a portfolio of games so it’s not £84 for the game itself. I get what you’re saying but I assume it’s doing quite well for SI as number of gamers playing is significantly on the rise. So probs not going anytime soon. Shame they can’t offer standalone version and Apple Arcade version.

also £19.99 for what in 2020? It wasn’t available on mobile then

£19.99 in 2020 on the iPad.

I appreciate it’s not £84 itself, but for one who doesn’t (and not everyone) will have an Apple Arcade account, so i would be solely getting an account just to play FM Touch.

To play both games (Mobile and Touch), a Netflix account and an Apple arcade account is needed... Why the need for both? It almost forces you to play one game and not the other.

Agreed – Hopefully they can have a stand alone version soon.

On 19/12/2023 at 16:38, jamie_B_105 said:

£19.99 in 2020 on the iPad.

I appreciate it’s not £84 itself, but for one who doesn’t (and not everyone) will have an Apple Arcade account, so i would be solely getting an account just to play FM Touch.

To play both games (Mobile and Touch), a Netflix account and an Apple arcade account is needed... Why the need for both? It almost forces you to play one game and not the other.

Agreed – Hopefully they can have a stand alone version soon.

It's been stated a load of times on here - FM Touch wasn't financially viable as a standalone product.

The partnership with Apple makes it financially viable.

If it wasn't on Apple Arcade, it wouldn't exist at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2023 at 00:17, jamiousdaywalker said:

Wasnt viable financially as "theres too many versions to deal with.....now, its only FM24, FM24 Console, FM24 Touch IOS, FM24 Switch

It wasn't viable financially for the usual reason things aren't financially viable - not enough people were buying it.

On 23/12/2023 at 10:35, TopToffee said:

It's been stated a load of times on here - FM Touch wasn't financially viable as a standalone product.

The partnership with Apple makes it financially viable.

If it wasn't on Apple Arcade, it wouldn't exist at all.

It wasn't a standalone for several years, up until recently, Touch was part of when you bought the full FM, and then it was sold separately, which made Touch financially unviable. SI has their reasoning to do this.

On 06/01/2024 at 13:14, TopToffee said:

It wasn't viable financially for the usual reason things aren't financially viable - not enough people were buying it.

That is right, but I question when they began to sell separated from the main game, was it viable then? Not sure, about that. But I don't have the numbers if Touch players were higher when it sold with FM and it dipped when it was sold separately.

Edited by grade

On 11/01/2024 at 19:50, grade said:

It wasn't a standalone for several years, up until recently, Touch was part of when you bought the full FM, and then it was sold separately, which made Touch financially unviable. SI has their reasoning to do this.

That is right, but I question when they began to sell separated from the main game, was it viable then? Not sure, about that. But I don't have the numbers if Touch players were higher when it sold with FM and it dipped when it was sold separately.

Yes but it wasn’t free to make, when it was bundled with the main game.