FM 2008: Manchester United - Home of the Red Devils

Dayle Wood

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 league games to go and another title is won.. the likes of Baxter, Saivet & reserves will get games while the moany **** that is Wijnaldum will never play for me again \o/

looking to sell for a small fee but to add a huge international apperence fee icon_cool.gif

have Barca in the CL semis as my team continue to **** me up with the performances icon_frown.gif

Finished the second season today. Won Everything.

Ronnie - 35 goals/ 11 assists.

Rooney - 25 goals/25 assists.

GingerHead - 19 goals/18 assists(Got the only goal in CL Final)

Huntelaar - 19 goals/21 assists.

English Player of the year - 1.Ronaldo, 2.Rooney, 3.Scholes.

Players' Player of the year - Huntelaar(Twice in a row).

Probable Signings

Need a RB coz its been raining red cards for Neville & Brown and both of'em make two many defensive Errors.

Surely a GK. Was bidding around 17M all season for Akinfeev, got rejected all the time. Now, Arsenal have bidded 28.5M for him, so, will have to bid the same. Is he worth it?

Otherwise, Banega will be back from loan. Hargo, Andy & Fletcher are doin fine. Hewson looks like a good prospect(Next Paul Scholes icon14.gif)

Gio Dos Santos coming on Free.

Saviet may replace Saha.

Thatz the progress so far. Cheers nd Happy New Year!! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Mickyttudes:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

Got to get Alves for a DR icon14.gif

Alves is with Che$ki already icon_frown.gif Does anyone of Danny Simpson ot Rafael become any good. BTW, Chel$ki are interested in Danny icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

simpson is solid, been in the starting 11 of my league side since 08/09 season and seems to rarely make mistakes. Been more then happy with him and sure it would cost at least 12million to buy someone of his quality.

He is valued at 6million at start of 11/12 season for my squad.

Won't work. Alves is fffb though. Great attacking full back. My team are faltering now though. Just scraped wins over Birmingham and Everton, 1-0 and 2-0 respectively. I just found something out which really surprised me though. Owen is the second top assist make in my team behind Ronaldo. I would have thought Rooney was. Just goes to show what a great all round player he is. Top scorer and second top assist maker. And Rooney's faltering again icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Evon:

Got him on my shortlist. But there's no point getting now I have Alves. I prefer left footed left backs too.

well the LB bit is only for a last ditch thing.. as the only LBs i have atm are Evra & Sakho (but he will be soon playing at DC as he is starting to look like a younger, frencher Barzagli) icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

Got him on my shortlist. But there's no point getting now I have Alves. I prefer left footed left backs too.

well the LB bit is only for a last ditch thing.. as the only LBs i have atm are Evra & Sakho (but he will be soon playing at DC as he is starting to look like a younger, frencher Barzagli) icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon13.gificon_wink.gif

He is quite good, although needs a bit more pace. Manuel Da Costa is a very good DLC. At PSV I think but his pace lets him down icon_frown.gif Villa just signed him in my game.

Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evon:

well the LB bit is only for a last ditch thing.. as the only LBs i have atm are Evra & Sakho (but he will be soon playing at DC as he is starting to look like a younger, frencher Barzagli) icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon13.gificon_wink.gif

He is quite good, although needs a bit more pace. Manuel Da Costa is a very good DLC. At PSV I think but his pace lets him down icon_frown.gif Villa just signed him in my game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i used to worry about DCs that lacked pace but having had the 2 huge lumps like Samba & Barzagli i'm now not worried as the full backs pace back to help \o/

Fair enough. Anyway:

January 2007 Update

Not done one for my current game as was waiting until this point anyway. Transfers:

01012008002240kj1.th.jpg

Don't worry about Adriano, he was told to fcuk back off when Fernandez came in at the start.

Got a great deal for Park IMO. Fiorentina were interested so I just asked for £7.5m! I've also sold Fletcher to Villa for £7.5m, but that didn't seem to go through in time.

I was also trying to sell Pique as I really wanted to try Breno out and I'm also playing Evans in pretty much every game to give him games. I'm using the rest of this season as a trial for the likes of Breno, Evans, Tevez and Nani to see if they're good enough becuase I've not seen great things from Tevez or Nani considering their stats and I want to see how good Evans and Breno are and also if and by how much they can improve before the summer. I'm also giving lots of games to Gibson, who has done well.

I also wanted to sign Amauri. He seems like the best STb on the game stats-wise but Palermo were asking for £27m! I had to adjust my budget to get Breno and with no money from Fletch just yet and failing to ship Pique and Saha out, there was no way I could afford him.

So, because I don't plan to carry this game on after this season as I will start anew with the 8.0.2 patch (but with 8.0.1 database), I'm going to try to keep my (Premiership at least - I can afford to with my current league position) team with a lot of youth and so-far-untried-or-underperforming players, which will be something like hence:

Foster (VDS for another month whilst Foster recovers);

Neville (maybe Simpson), J.Evans, Breno, Evra (maybe Sakho);

Ronaldo, Hargreaves/Gibson, Gibson/Scholes, Nani;

Rooney;

Tevez.

I got Chicago Fire as my USA money feeder at the start of the season and have just got Tranmere as my "English team to try to help get promotion with 4 Utd youth stars" feeder team. I would have liked Preston or Blackpool as a local one, but didn't get the choice. As you can see, Eagles, Campbell, Chester and Jones have gone there on loan until the end of the season. Campbell just got 3rd in the L2 Young Player of the Month.

That brings me onto awards so far:

Manager of the Month: August, October, December.

Player otM: August, December, January (Ronaldo for all three!)

Young PotM: August(Rooney), September(Andy), December and January(Matty for both).

Goal otM: August(Ronaldo, 2nd), December(Rooney, 3rd).

League table so far:

01012008004223eo8.th.jpg

Champions League: 2nd round v Shalke

FA Cup: 5th round at home v Liverpool/Spurs.

Originally posted by xx11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazy gra:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx11:

And Im now in a sticky situation. Benega is looking amazing at the moment, however I have now received a offer for 50million and 50% sell on for him. I dont need the money, and he only 22yrs old. But it such a big offer I am having to think about it :s

Stalled their offer for now and given him a new contract offer, lets see what happens there and if he would happily stay instead of getting annoyed. But would you folks sell even if you did not need to purchase players anymore? (midfield is packed solid - gonna try offload Hargraeves so gibson can play in cups, and offload Van Der Vaart if i can as he a whiny git after a single season.)

Are you using Banega as a DM/MCd? I can't understand people using him there as even without unmasking all his stats I can still see that his tackling and marking are crap. If he's a great technical player and you play him there and he plays well, then don't sell, but I'd rather use Gibson as an MCd than him. Hargreaves should be your first choice. And I'm sure £50m would be useful to anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Decided to keep him in the end. 170million in the transfer kitty, and hargraeves at 30 didnt have long left in team. He headed to Barcelona instead of benega for 12.5million + 50% (not that expect him to move again).

Benega is solid, only play a single MC in my tactic, and it barrowed to dmc. He got avg rating of 7.32 last season and was solid.

Reason I kept him is he has improved alot in defencive areas compared to initially, and appears to be still improving.

benega profile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What trainig schedule do you use???

Can you post a screen shot?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Ustari has just signed a new contract at Getafe and only has a 10M minimum fee release..

comparing my current keeper & Ustari i'm not sure who is better and if i should get him icon_frown.gif

Comparison

12312007141330nh9.th.jpg

I wasn't really thing about getting Ustari as I wasn't sure his reflexes were that good, but that pic has proved me wrong! He looks better than Riou. And Riou's French so that's icon13.gif , although it's perhaps better than an Argy as they have internationals at stupid times.

Did you sell Foster? Also, that screenshot above doesn't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should have kept foster imho

Question guys, does it take longer for a player to recover from a long term injury if one of their weaknesses is that 'they maybe fairly susceptible to injuries?'

The reason I ask is Tevez got injured in November 2007 with a broken foot for around 4 months and since he's come back, I've never been able to string two games together with him and his condition always seems to be under 90% before each game.

And because of this, he says he wants to move and has instructed his agent to find him another club. Is this normal for a player with this weakness or is it my fault for not playing him enough? Thanks in advance for your advice icon14.gif.

what are peoples opinions on players who want to leave? do you allow them to leave and not risk them upsetting your squad or do you keep them no matter what?

as i have a few players how want out (for whatever reason) and wondering who i can get to replace them

really only Navas & Wijnaldum (hopefully goign as he won't sign a new contract) but also looking to get rid of a few reserves..

Just got into January 2009 on my United game and here is my squad's progress so far:

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manchesterunitedjanuaryyb5.jpg

Due to Tevez's niggling injuries so far this season, my strike partnership has been Rooney and new signing Huntelaar which has obviously clicked pretty much straight away. But the player that has stepped up a notch in his position is the Brazilian wonderkid Anderson who performed unbelievably well straight from the start of the season and that has left poor Scholes out in the cold. Of my other summer purchases, both Behrami and Alves have been ok so far, with some eye-catching goals from both players.

http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=englishpremierdivisionjjl5.jpg

My league campaign has been very good so far, especially with my 100% home record which included a last-gasp victory over champions Chelsea. After a slow start, Chelsea have pulled themselves together but could it be too late? We'll have to wait and see. Also did'nt expect to see Arsenal and Liverpool that further down the table as well as seeing Bolton, Man City and West Ham in the Champions League places.

Came through my Champions League group after a slight struggle but came through thanks to 5-0 and 8-0 victories over CSKA Sofia (H) and Braga (A) respectively. The knockout stages sees my side come up against Bayern Munich with the 1st leg at Old Trafford.

In the domestic cup competitions, my League Cup defence lasted just the one match as Chelsea knocked out me at Stamford Bridge. The FA Cup 3rd Round gives me a home game against Brighton & Hove Albion. And also, I got to the World Club Championship final against Boca Juniors who I totally battered only to lose on penalties icon_mad.gif

Anyway guys, what do you think of my squad's progress so far and is there any transfers I can make in the transfer window? I have £9m to spend. Thanks in advance icon14.gif.

Originally posted by gandycoleuk:

Question guys, does it take longer for a player to recover from a long term injury if one of their weaknesses is that 'they maybe fairly susceptible to injuries?'

The reason I ask is Tevez got injured in November 2007 with a broken foot for around 4 months and since he's come back, I've never been able to string two games together with him and his condition always seems to be under 90% before each game.

And because of this, he says he wants to move and has instructed his agent to find him another club. Is this normal for a player with this weakness or is it my fault for not playing him enough? Thanks in advance for your advice icon14.gif.

The time someone takes to recover from an injury depends only on natural fitness and the quality of your physios. "Susceptible to injuries" just implies they have a high injury proneness, meaning they will get injured more than usual.
what are peoples opinions on players who want to leave? do you allow them to leave and not risk them upsetting your squad or do you keep them no matter what?

At the start of my game I, probably like everyone else, had offers flooding in for the likes of Vidic and Evra and lots of interest in other players such as Rio and Ronaldo. Vidic and Evra got annoyed when I either said to the media that they'd be going nowhere or I rejected offers/enquiries. Tevez also was p!ssed off at me at the start of the game as I gave him a warning for poor performance when he got a 5 in one of my first games.

Basically, if I want to keep them then they will stay. I've already sorted out Vidic, Evra and Tevez now just through praising or even criticising their performances. I'm not sure Vidic is still completely happy yet, but he's on the way there. Even though they were on low morale, Vidic and Evra always played well so it was easy to praise them, although you have to make sure you get it right by saying their form is acceptable or you're pleased or delighted with their form.

With Tevez he hadn't been playing well, so even though he was p!ssed off at me from the start of the game, criticising his performances by saying his form was below par, it motivated him to try harder to up his performances. His morale boosted and he started to like me again.

If someone who I don't particularly want is unhappy, then I'll sell them, but if I can get them to like me again in the meantime through praise/criticism then I'll do it as it should increase their value when I sell them.

And for more tips and advice on any aspect of player interaction, including your or other people's players, check out the "Communication & Psychological Warfare" thread in the Tactical Bible 08 at www.fm-britain.co.uk

Regarding Tevez: NOTE: SPOILERS ABOUT HIDDEN ATTRIBUTES

I've felt the need to look up somethings we didn't know about my 2nd favourite Argentinian. Here's his hidden stats:

CA - 174

PA - 191

Consistency - 12

Important Matches - 15

Dirtiness - 13

Injury proneness - 13

That doesn't really give much more clues about why he doesn't perform too well. Consistency isn't great, but Saha's is 11 and Rooney's is 14, so not a great contrast. Rooney:

CA - 179

PA - 192

Important matches - 17

Injury proness - 6

Not too much difference there except for injury proneness IMO and Tevez has hardly been injured for me anyway. So I'm still clueless as to why he doesn't perform too well.

Wijnaldum leaves for £28M (well 5M upfront & 23M after 1 holland apperence) ffs icon_biggrin.gif

this game does shock me sometimes and his MC replacment Obi Mikel has agreed to join for £2.7M which isn't bad imo

also after having a terrible season at Fiorentina Nani is avaliable for 13M would he be a replacment type ish player for Navas? but of course this is all if the man utd board offer me a new contract icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by deadmanwalking11:

What trainig schedule do you use???

Can you post a screen shot?

It will probably need to wait until tomorrow. Away from home due to the new year festivities (curse of being in scotland icon_razz.gif ) and though I have got links to a ton of screenshots i put up to make a post when i get bored here, i unfortunately have not got any of my training schedules. I actually have about 8 schedules, and benega went onto my DM schedule if I remember rightly. But I will get that up to you when i can.

Why Mikel? I don't think I could buy him on the basis that he's **** IRL, even if his stats do rock.

Why did you sell Nani if you're interested in him now? He's not been great for me. What's wrong with Navas?

And get Messi or Robinho instead.

Originally posted by manu legend:

Great price for Wijnaldum BB seeing as your the Holland manager icon_biggrin.gif. Can I have a screenshot of him btw?

you can indeed

01012008134420hk0.th.jpg

i mean as you can see he is looking quite good at only 18 and his international record already is brilliant, but for whatever reason he seems to dislike me and finds it tough to work with me icon_confused.gif

anyway i'm hoping that as he is only going for 5M upfront he will have a fairly low minimum fee release clause and in a season or 2 i'll snap him back up again icon_biggrin.gif

Why Mikel? I don't think I could buy him on the basis that he's **** IRL, even if his stats do rock. well he has amazing stats and he is only 22, i also hate him in real life but then this is a game

Why did you sell Nani if you're interested in him now? i sold Nani first time because imho 30M is too much of an offer for him so i sold plus he is still young and at 13M he is 17M cheaper in only a year He's not been great for me. What's wrong with Navas? Navas is a great player but he hasn't settled as well as i had hoped.. he is quite inconsistant anyway Silva will most likely be gaining the left wing spot and Mikel the attacking MC

And get Messi or Robinho instead. Messi would be a dream but he is never interested which is a pain.. looking to get Bojan but again pain plus have Dos Santos joining on a free

His crossing, flair, OTB and NF all suck. I certainly wouldn't play him on the wing, composure is crap if he's upfront and there's better people than him to play in cnetre mid.

who is this abour? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wijnaldum if I am not mistaken.

His crossing, flair, OTB and NF all suck. I certainly wouldn't play him on the wing, composure is crap if he's upfront and there's better people than him to play in cnetre mid.

Wijnaldum if I am not mistaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh that makes sense then.. thought he was going on about Silva for some reason icon_biggrin.gif

End of Season Review 08/09

Squad

01012008141909mx1.th.jpg

my love for Rooney continues and despite scoring so many i'm looking to prehaps replace Tevez with a target man ish striker (Zlatan would be a dream)

Team Competitions

CWC Vs Gremio - Won 3-0 (Rooney 2 & Ronaldo)

Champions League Vs AC Milan - Won 3-1 (Rooney 2 & Tevez)

Euro Super Cup Vs Marseille - Won 4-1 (Rooney 4 icon_biggrin.gif)

Premiership - 1st

FA Cup Vs West Brom - Won 3-1 (Tevez, Barzagli & Silva)

Carling Cup Vs Chelsea - 3-1 (Tevez, Wijnaldum & Rooney)

Charity Shield Vs Arsenal - Won 5-1 (Rooney 2, Tevez 2 & Barzagli)

Well another season finished in which the stadium has been increased to 92,000 and finally sees a average age of under 24, in teh summer Dos Santos, Sahin, Obi Mikel & Barbosa (porto winger) will be joining on frees and 2.7M for Mikel, while Wijnaldum will be leaving and Navas could soon be joining him if Real Madrid bid high enough.. targets include Breno, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Balotelli but none of them might not be needed as the youth continue to improve \o/

Sakho, Zeefuik, Evans, Murphy & Lansbury (once his loan finishes) will be contesting for first team football & also have anotehr english based feeder in Sheff Utd to send my starlets.. a good season but the squad still needs tweaking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by manu legend:

ahh that makes sense then.. thought he was going on about Silva for some reason icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Balls, refreshed the page to check no-one had posted below it and didn't see the new page. Yes, I was talking about Wijnaldum. I think Silva has some flair icon_wink.gif

Sorry its late, but happy new year fellas, wish ya all the best.

Squad

01012008141909mx1.th.jpg

my love for Rooney continues and despite scoring so many i'm looking to prehaps replace Tevez

I couldn't replace Tevez even if I wanted to, he is a great player and he always scores so much for you! If it aint broke don't fix it!

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Deal Or No Deal

naniae1.th.jpg

From Arsenal BTW

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Double post ;_; Sowwy, but who else have you got on the wings? I would probably accept that and try and get Silva perhaps? He would be perfect for my Man Utd team atleast.

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Deal Or No Deal

naniae1.th.jpg

From Arsenal BTW

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if there was a sell on fee then maybe i would be accept that but otherwise i would reject

why is it that after every bloody season teams want my wingers icon_mad.gif of course Ronaldo is always gonna gather interest but Torje is now getting interest from Arsenal and they have bid 16.25M + 30% sell on just a season after i bought him for £3.8M north london bastards icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Jimmy Valentino:

Deal Or No Deal

naniae1.th.jpg

From Arsenal BTW

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Double post ;_; Sowwy, but who else have you got on the wings? I would probably accept that and try and get Silva perhaps? He would be perfect for my Man Utd team atleast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo, Rosina, Quaglirella, Giggs, Wijnaldum

Originally posted by Jimmy Valentino:

Sorry its late, but happy new year fellas, wish ya all the best.

Squad

01012008141909mx1.th.jpg

my love for Rooney continues and despite scoring so many i'm looking to prehaps replace Tevez

I couldn't replace Tevez even if I wanted to, he is a great player and he always scores so much for you! If it aint broke don't fix it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i see what you mean as the stats don't lie tevez is amazing for me in 2 seasons he has..

102(2) - Apperences

74 - Goals

30 - Assists

18 - MOTM

67% shots on target average

7.60 ratign average

which is pretty good but i feel i need someone who can knock the ball on when i launch a counter attack as it just gives the team another option, Toni & Klose are quite cheap now so might have a look at one of them

Deal Or No Deal

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nanins2.jpg

From Arsenal BTW

No way. They should be bidding a lot more than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too late, It's a great offer imo and with Ronaldo, Rosina and Quagliarella all ahead of him in the pecking order, he's off and it's a done deal

I start with Happy New Year folks....

and now I apologize, I was bored and was waiting on the United game when making almost all this post. So it rather…. Long!

After 4 seasons the team is rock solid, with more players then I could really know what to do with. There is some real quality throughout my team which is predominately youthful, so much so that many can’t even get in one of my squads even though they clearly are good enough.

Though the 4th season was successful, resulting in a 3rd contract given in 3 years, even though 2yr contracts were signed, however there was some disappointment in the season.

The season started out well, with hammering Arsenal 4-1 in the charity shield. The team went on a run and was undefeated up until December when lost 2-1 to Shaktar in group stages of Champions League. December remained a bit of a disappointment as a week later lost 2-1 to America(Mex) in the Club World Championship Semi final, and had to settle for 3rd place in the tournament, something I was most disappointed in.

Still, the disappointment ended there, as the squad made their recovery and ran through the rest of the season without defeat. The results which highlighted the season were:

3-1 victory over Zaragoza in European super cup.

2-0 victory against Chelsea in League cup Final victory against Chelsea

8-4 league Win at the City of Manchester Stadium against a completely slaughtered Man City.

4-2 Win over Arsenal in the FA cup final

4-2 Win over Valencia in Champions league final

The entire season was played with my currently favored variation of the 4-3-2-1 based on pure attacking football which can be seen here:

My Formation

The future looks bight…. The future is Red!

So it is the 2011/12 season now arrived, and the squad undoubtedly will continue to rock the world. However everything wasn’t rosy and some new signing quickly saw the door.

Van der Vaart was shown the way out after a single season. Though he played in every cup and European match he began to moan about first team football, I was not willing to negotiate the way I run my team with him and so he got put on the transfer list. He wasn’t happy about this, but I was set on shipping him out. No place for a whiner on my team. This lead to him leaving to go to AC Milan, on what probably could be seen as a good deal from their end, 13.5million + 50% sell on. I was happy to ship him of quick, and his wage demands had put a lot of people out of the bidding.

Another person that also arrived on a free transfer at the start of the season was booted out of the team also. Mirko Vucinic played a little over half a dozen matches only for the Reds. He complained towards the end of the season about more first team football and as the league was just about rapped up I gave him a match. This match was his last ever for the club.

Vucinic decided that now he was playing he would headbutt an opposition player, resulting in a 6 match ban. Well, I weren’t going to allow actions like that, he is no Cantona so he went straight on the transfer list, and there was a fair bit of interest that culminated in a 17.5million + 50% transfer to Barcelona whom keep chasing a large portion of my team.

Full list of sales/purchases are as follows:

Transfers out:

Van Der Vaart - £17.5million

Hargraeves - £12.5million

Vucinic – £17.5million

Chris Curran - £400k

Transfers In: (All free transfers)

Lucas Trecarichi

Yaya Toure

Macimiliano Oliva

Dagoberto

Alegandro Alfaro

Iago

Victor Diaz

All these transfers were arranged in January when I truly felt they would help improve the squad, however since then a lot of youth improved a lot and now it hard to find room. So now I got a massive list of backup players for my team.

Carlos Queiroz eventually decided he would not stay after managing to keep him all this time. Think it was more luck then anything, however now he has gone I checked my coaches and had a man waiting for a promotion by way of Rene Meulensteen. Though there would be people outside that may be better by way of motivation and tactical knowledge, this guy just looks like he should get the chance for now.

Rene Meulensteen

And finally, next seasons team lineup for league and cup games. The most notable change is the goalkeepers have switched as I wish to Foster a chance to be noticed as a world class keeper in European competitions. Also the thing to note is that no players should switch between squads at all, I wish to attempt to only use the subs/backup list for all competitions if cover is needed.

League:

GK: corradini

DR: Simpson

DL: Evra

DC: Ferdinand

DC: Vidic

MR: Ronaldo

ML: Messi

MC: Banega

AMC: Tevez

AMC: Rooney

FC: Rossi

Europe/Cups:

GK: Foster

DR: Bardsley

DL: Fabio

DC: Evans

DC: Pique

MR: Kroos

ML: Anderson

MC: Gibson

AMC: buonanotte

AMC: Saivet

FC: Bojan

Subs/Backups: in no particular order.

Defenders

Diaz

Stewart

Midfielders

Nani

Cerci

Dos Santos

Camacho

Fleck

Iago

Miller

Toure

Brown

Attackers

Alfaro

Pasquato

Dagoberto

Baxter

Cruden

Acapandi

Kenia

What now?

My Scouts continue to be busy trying to find youngsters, but now I may put on hold the number I bring in. Just try to get 16/17 year olds possibly for 4years time or so. Havent decided on that point yet. Whatever I do I need to lower the number of players in my team I feel, will look at my reserves whom i feel will never step up the next level.

So there you have it, that is how my team currently stands, if you have any thoughts or comments about anything or anyone then go ahead and say whatever you wish. Always good to get others opinions on achievements, future transfers etc etc.

Wow, he looks *****. So much better on mine and he's 16.

xx11-You need some better training schedules. Most of them haven't improved at all.

Archived