It doesn't let me qualify losers of the Semi-Final of the Central American Cup to the NACL

LZmaster

So I am in the process of creating a file that contains the correct format of the NACL (with the Caribbean Cup and Central American Cup) and for some reason the editor doesn't let me qualify the losing teams in the semi-final to the NACL first round. The teams aren't found by the editor. Anyone who can help me with this problem? I have attached two screenshots that show how I try to link them and I have attached the .fmf file.

FM1.png

FM2.png

NACL.fmf

Looking at it using the in-editor testing, I think it might just be a dates issue.

The Champions League sets up in Dec '22 and starts in Feb '23. The Central American Cup starts in June '23. So they can't qualify for the 2023 CL since the Central American Cup hasn't happened yet. The 2 losing semi-finalists look like they do qualify for the 2024 version of the competition from the 2023 Central American Cup though.

20231210162254_1.thumb.jpg.642b2948cd45e5c8afe14f985ae3539f.jpg 

20231210162236_1.thumb.jpg.b7557f1de220041ff915060d9ce2eb6a.jpg

Edited by rusty217

17 hours ago, jimdownunder said:

Hey guys,

I might know the answer to this one. In the teams listed section, instead of selecting get qualified teams for comp, have you tried selecting get cup round teams and then putting the competition name and the round?

Yes I've tried almost every way I know. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

9 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Looking at it using the in-editor testing, I think it might just be a dates issue.

The Champions League sets up in Dec '22 and starts in Feb '23. The Central American Cup starts in June '23. So they can't qualify for the 2023 CL since the Central American Cup hasn't happened yet. The 2 losing semi-finalists look like they do qualify for the 2024 version of the competition from the 2023 Central American Cup though.

But isn't it weird that it does qualify the teams from the other stages immediately? Only the two teams from the semi-finals are missing.

I have it working in my FM23 file, you could take a look. Alternately from Rusty's post it sounds like it's working? The 2023 CAC sends teams to the 2024 CCL?

If not, is the stage containing the semifinal finishing in time? It won't actually process that "fate action" until the stage if finished (not just the round), so if the final stretches into December but the CCL has already set up, it won't know to take those teams yet. You could split the final into its own stage if needed (not ideal but sometimes needed to process stage finished actions from earlier rounds).

Have you unchecked "for this year" in the fate action? Is there a similar entry in the "get qualified teams" entry?

There could be teams auto-qualifying in the background (or stored from previous years) and taking places that the runners-up should be getting. If all else fails then in "qualified teams" you might have to check "clear qualified teams" and specify them all again in "qualified teams" (save a backup before doing anything like this)

39 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I have it working in my FM23 file, you could take a look. Alternately from Rusty's post it sounds like it's working? The 2023 CAC sends teams to the 2024 CCL?

If not, is the stage containing the semifinal finishing in time? It won't actually process that "fate action" until the stage if finished (not just the round), so if the final stretches into December but the CCL has already set up, it won't know to take those teams yet. You could split the final into its own stage if needed (not ideal but sometimes needed to process stage finished actions from earlier rounds).

Have you unchecked "for this year" in the fate action? Is there a similar entry in the "get qualified teams" entry?

There could be teams auto-qualifying in the background (or stored from previous years) and taking places that the runners-up should be getting. If all else fails then in "qualified teams" you might have to check "clear qualified teams" and specify them all again in "qualified teams" (save a backup before doing anything like this)

The semi-final has its own separate stage, so it should be finished in time. I also tested with "for this year" checked and unchecked to no avail. I tried clearing the qualified teams just now, but that also doesn't help unfortunately. If what Rusty says is true, how should I fix it? I have tried multiple things with the dates but nothing seems to work...

You have the CCL starting in 2023? Maybe I'm missing something but a CAC that finishes in December 2023 isn't going to qualify a team for a tournament starting 11 months earlier? Can you do two different CCLs, one in 2023 (just give it "specific team"s to account for the IRL qualifiers) and one starting from 2024 that uses the correct qualifiers?

14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

You have the CCL starting in 2023? Maybe I'm missing something but a CAC that finishes in December 2023 isn't going to qualify a team for a tournament starting 11 months earlier? Can you do two different CCLs, one in 2023 (just give it "specific team"s to account for the IRL qualifiers) and one starting from 2024 that uses the correct qualifiers?

I have done this now, but I still have the same error. But maybe I am doing something wrong...

NACL_0.0.2.fmf

On 10/12/2023 at 08:26, rusty217 said:

Adding history should fix that?

On 11/12/2023 at 02:13, LZmaster said:

But isn't it weird that it does qualify the teams from the other stages immediately? Only the two teams from the semi-finals are missing.

It doesn't. The Get Qualified Teams from Stage 4 returns 0 teams as well, there are just enough excess team instructions that only 2 are missing still. The Get Last Winner/Runner-Up instructions don't use qualified teams, they're separate and are just based on the tournament having a historic winner/runner-up.

On 11/12/2023 at 23:08, LZmaster said:

I have done this now, but I still have the same error. But maybe I am doing something wrong...

NACL_0.0.2.fmf 27.5 kB · 0 downloads

Your new Central American Cup starts in August 2023. The CL sets up in December 2022. The dates still don't match up. The game won't run a 2022 version of the Central American Cup either since it starts in 2023. FYI your new CAC overlaps with your existing one since it's set to end in 2023 and the old one starts in 2023, the game will only run one of them, not both.

Add an extra team instruction for those 2 teams. You can give it an End Year 2023 so that it only covers for the first year, then for following years when the CAC runs it should pick up the qualified teams correctly. Might be worth adding the CAC final to the requirements of the CL Stage 1 from 2024 onwards to ensure it waits until after the CAC is finished before setting up.

11 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It doesn't. The Get Qualified Teams from Stage 4 returns 0 teams as well, there are just enough excess team instructions that only 2 are missing still. The Get Last Winner/Runner-Up instructions don't use qualified teams, they're separate and are just based on the tournament having a historic winner/runner-up.

Your new Central American Cup starts in August 2023. The CL sets up in December 2022. The dates still don't match up. The game won't run a 2022 version of the Central American Cup either since it starts in 2023. FYI your new CAC overlaps with your existing one since it's set to end in 2023 and the old one starts in 2023, the game will only run one of them, not both.

Add an extra team instruction for those 2 teams. You can give it an End Year 2023 so that it only covers for the first year, then for following years when the CAC runs it should pick up the qualified teams correctly. Might be worth adding the CAC final to the requirements of the CL Stage 1 from 2024 onwards to ensure it waits until after the CAC is finished before setting up.

Will think of this one when I tinker away with my file.

On 13/12/2023 at 06:04, rusty217 said:

Thanks for your help. Managed to make it work!