How does the game indicate to the player your tactic isnt working?

I had this conversation years back and then the conclusion was that the ONLY way for the game knows how to indicate your tactic isnt working is to simply stop you from scoring. This seems still be the case. Because to me it looks like we are playing quite well... Until you look the final score.

Here's 3 concecutive losses of mine:

RESULT 2-1 (Got a red '80 and lost to a last minute goal) - This is actually fine

SandhausenvDynamoDresden_Review.png.29e29ad2e7bb5f56e565ead335ea4ad3.png

RESULT 2-4

DynamoDresdenvSVWaldhof_Review.png.18f7754fbdc5ebd300739aeef2eb7979.png

RESULT 5-3 (one of my goals is a pen)

DortmundIIvDynamoDresden_Review-2.png.688e58eac487acf9e05065b63352365e.png

The game doesn’t “know” anything, it’s a computer program.  Likewise the game doesn’t “stop you from scoring” - what stops you scoring can be for a wide variety of reasons, but the game stopping you would imply some sort of scripting, which isn’t a thing.

To answer your question in the title, the indication that your tactic isn’t working is watching matches and seeing your team underperform.  You could also extract some conclusions from data analysis.

If you’re having problems underperforming and need help, the best thing you can do is post your system and detail what your problems are :thup:.

Well the problem is that nine times out of ten the opposiotion vastly "overscores" in relation to their xG and my team underperforms. I'm not talking about scripting. I'm talking about every statistic indicating that you should've won but don't. Yes I know this is built in feature because "the deserving team doesnt always in real life" but this is tired excuse for the game screwing you no matter what you do tactically.

3 minutes ago, Tumppu said:

Well the problem is that nine times out of ten the opposiotion vastly "overscores" in relation to their xG and my team underperforms. I'm not talking about scripting. I'm talking about every statistic indicating that you should've won but don't. Yes I know this is built in feature because "the deserving team doesnt always in real life" but this is tired excuse for the game screwing you no matter what you do tactically.

Have you considered that your keeper and defence are failing to stop low-quality chances, and your forwards are Darwining at the other end?

1 hour ago, Tumppu said:

this is tired excuse for the game screwing you no matter what you do tactically

If that was the case nobody would ever win anything.  Stop blaming the game for something that’s your problem.  As said above, if you need help post your system and somebody might be able to help.