Shorter passing TI + Direct into PI

Hi,

I don't understand exactly what I'm telling my player to do with the following selected instructions:

Screenshot2023-11-22190112.png.eee9678ba36134320ec1b4ba88280be0.png

This is the TI, Play out of defense and passing shorter,they are both selected, and in the player (DLP) I assigned direct passes before inserting the modification of the short team passes. These are the images of the PI:

Screenshot2023-11-22190240.png.dda656613ef40e9b094d56ff30bf9539.pngScreenshot2023-11-22190259.png.732a28444d6e38a8720c4c6a8d5e3ad9.png

what am I asking him exactly? because the single instruction when I open the player's complete instructions panel tells me shorter passing, but in the list it tells me direct...
If I deselect one of the two team instructions, the message direct passes to the player returns.
But in this precise situation, what does he do?

Thank you

Forget what the confusing (and possibly still glitchy) UI graphics show and think about it logically - you’ve asked your entire team to pass shorter when they can and one player to be a bit more direct.  That’s all it is.  He won’t be as direct if you hadn’t selected the shorter passing TI, just a bit more direct than the rest of the team.

Ok.. so.. it s perfect.. my best DLP play more direct than the rest of the team.. good..

Direct passing to WCB, without take risk, can make a long passo to my AM? i play in a 3421.. if my WB are marked it is a option? 

image.png.f4cf18b35dd82b22ebbeed0eccd267cd.png

For example, in the image above, having the full-backs with "stay wider", I imagined that setting direct passing to the WCB they could reach them more frequently if the two players in the middle of the pitch have closed passing lines, and also going direct to the AM..
This is why I ask for direct passages to the WCB..

Edited by Mik_Fe

Telling players to make shorter or longer passes are nothing more than encouraging them to do so,  They can still make their own decisions and choose any passing length if they see someone is available to pass to.  Instructions are not actually instructions - they are just tendencies, so they will tend to pass longer or shorter but can still decide for themselves what to do.

13 hours ago, herne79 said:

Forget what the confusing (and possibly still glitchy) UI graphics show and think about it logically - you’ve asked your entire team to pass shorter when they can and one player to be a bit more direct.  That’s all it is.  He won’t be as direct if you hadn’t selected the shorter passing TI, just a bit more direct than the rest of the team.

The bold part is going on for quite a few years :eek: it seems it is not a priority to fix :(

10 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

About what sorry?

We were discussing this in another thread and it's really incredible that we don't have a clear answer. Opinions vary from person to person and everyone has to draw their own conclusions.

You can see here..

In my mind the pass directness is how risk you want to pass forward.

Here is short pass forward. His teammate got a space to receive the ball.

short_pass0.jpg.5a5806c7034fad4669ca8e2c186a32ba.jpg

Here is direct pass forward. His teammate not enough space to receive the ball.

direct_pass0.jpg.648d07d88f6fdd0abb1ccd47841bdd1e.jpg

They are passing forward, difference is space to receive the ball.

They are in the same mentality (balance)in the same match different team.

I control two team in the same match.

The direct pass will more pass forward.

direct_pass.jpg.bba85a2af191b606ea91b90912cfb64b.jpg

The short pass will be safer. whatever distance.

short_pass2.jpg.ee818b61fdee8ed0cf024190afc84962.jpg

He will pass the ball to teammate in the space. whatever distance.short_pass.jpg.9869e216840542b54aee35ea86f43a73.jpg

Edited by Aoyao